Midland?

Gale Snoats

Sadly, the closest Allsups is in Andrews.  It's only a 50 minute drive, I recommend it.

Also, one of the few remaining Pizza Inns is in Big Spring, only a 40 minute drive.  By my childhood recollection, Pizza Inn's product was often preferable to Pizza Hut's, so I urge you to check it out.

But, glory be, I see that there is a Godfather's in Midland. I am not afraid to tell you that when it came to our neighborhood in Houston around 1980, we proclaimed it the king of pizza.  Go, if you feel like indulging yourself and ruining all other pizzas from that day forward.

Edited by Brisketexan

57 minutes ago, Gale Snoats said:

No surprise that a sophisticate from the big city has no knowledge of Permian basin

Venezia in Midland is pretty good Italian and they have the best wine list in W Texas. Cork & Pig in Odessa or if they’re full go next door to the Red Oak Kitchen (same kitchen).  

23 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Sadly, the closest Allsups is in Andrews.  It's only a 50 minute drive, I recommend it.

Also, one of the few remaining Pizza Inns is in Big Spring, only a 40 minute drive.  By my childhood recollection, Pizza Inn's product was often preferable to Pizza Hut's, so I urge you to check it out.

But, glory be, I see that there is a Godfather's in Midland. I am not afraid to tell you that when it came to our neighborhood in Houston around 1980, we proclaimed it the king of pizza.  Go, if you feel like indulging yourself and ruining all other pizzas from that day forward.

Dude, there are two Pizza Inns in Carlsbad, NM.   They aren't as rare as you think.  

Just now, Macanudo said:

Dude, there are two Pizza Inns in Carlsbad, NM.   They aren't as rare as you think.  

They are rare in actual cities.  In Texas, they are in places like Midlothian, North Zulch, and Winnsboro.  And how could I forget Anahuac!

This cracked me up.

The Top 10 Places to Eat in Midland, Texas

Midland, Texas is known for its delicious and unique culinary options. From traditional barbecue joints to upscale restaurants, Midland has something for everyone. Whether you are looking for a quick bite or a fancy dinner, you can find it in Midland. From succulent steaks to seafood, there are plenty of places to eat in Midland!

about matthew
Updated February 12, 2023
Hey there! I'm Matthew, I'm a passionate traveler who loves to explore the US with my family. I'm excited to share my experiences and tips on how to make the most of your trips while traveling in the US.

• Haha 1

Clear Springs is solid if you like fried food served with goofy shit all over the walls. There’s a Texas Roadhouse as well.

The only thing I remotely miss is a solid Rosa’s location by the hospital, and the breakfast burritos at JumBurritos. 

Dining wise it’s pretty similar to your College Station and Waco’s of the world. Don’t overthink it and you won’t be disappointed. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

Some decent places downtown 
Cancun Grill
Opal’s Table
Little Bohemian
Pi Social
Wall Street Bar and Grill

Available Bars:
Opal’s Basement
Blue Door
Buffalo Nickel
Pi Social
The Bar

these are only suggestions, side effects including VD may occur.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

i'm certain there is a midland thread already.  wall st is excellent.  garlic press was always great, but not sure if its still around.  there was a black-owned bbq joint i liked but cant remember the name of it.  mexican food abounds and is good at even the divey casual places.  i believe they call breakfast tacos burritos there, but get a pass because they're all pretty good.