Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

That’s what I was looking for but didn’t see it 
I am positive it never flew past Chas at all. It hit....bounced up to Meyers and Chas had a wtf is happening look.

But i did just turn another year older so yeah...eyes

2 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

That’s what I was looking for but didn’t see it 

Yeah, that's what Kalas said coming back from commercial after the inning.  They never showed an angle where you could see where the ball went after bouncing off the railing...it hit the railing and then went out of frame.

Fuck you, Blue. You're set up there ffs. I hate the logic of calling a strike just because that was where the catcher set up. You see guys in college ball getting strikes that way when the catcher and the ball are 6-10" off the plate. It's fucking bullshit.

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I am positive it never flew past Chas at all. It hit....bounced up to Meyers and Chas had a wtf is happening look.

But i did just turn another year older so yeah...eyes

youd be correct 

• Like 1

Just now, Macklemore said:

These guys are killing me. Can’t even get 0 out double home for a run.

Seriously. I know, 'playing for the big inning', 'analytics', etc. but if you bunt Tuve right there it's probably 1-1 now instead of 1-0.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

per analytics, no way should a .400 hitter bunt 

Sure, per analytics. But if you bunt Altuve there and Yordan hits that grounder to 1B, it's 1-1. 

Edited by wood

3 minutes ago, wood said:

Sure, per analytics. But if you bunt Tuve there and Yordan hits that grounder to 1B, it's 1-1. Hell, he bunts for hits with nobody on. Just let him do that with the guy on 2B.

and if he hits a HR it's 2-1

Edited by WBT
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

and if he hits a HR it's 2-1

Yep. But he struck and we got fuck all out of the AB. And it's 1-0 instead of 1-1. He hits a HR on every 31.5 ABs on average.

Edited by wood

31 minutes ago, wood said:

Fuck you, Blue. You're set up there ffs. I hate the logic of calling a strike just because that was where the catcher set up. You see guys in college ball getting strikes that way when the catcher and the ball are 6-10" off the plate. It's fucking bullshit.

“Just cause that’s where he sets up, doesn’t make it a strike” from the Astros dugout on that 2nd strike to Jake 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

“Just cause that’s where he sets up, doesn’t make it a strike” from the Astros dugout on that 2nd strike to Jake 

Did they say that? If so, good. Needs to be said about eleventy-bazillion more times, apparently.

55 minutes ago, Scraps said:

hit the top of the yellow rail thats it.

Ball hits top of wall on yellow and comes back into play its a double. We literally just had that happen a few games back.

So how is a ball that hits that yellow line and bounces into field not a double? Just because the yellow line is in a dumbass spot shouldn't change the ruling unless something specific in MMP ground rules.

It did not hit the back wall or railing from the angle I am at

I was trying to find a good replay to confirm what I saw but they all shut off before showing it in slo mo.

What are the two Space City dorks saying about it?

dc9aadb3aa21bb6a1ad9ba6e7fdca4a1.jpg

The dorks are now saying they are getting word the ground rules may have been changed from last year to this year where that ls a home run on that part of the railing.

but why they didn’t “confirm” the call still doesn’t make sense 

https://www.mlb.com/astros/ballpark/ground-rules#

• Batted ball in flight strikes yellow line on fence or top of railing in left-center field at a point above the stands and bounds into stands: Home Run.
  • Batted ball hits the side railing of the Crawford Boxes and goes into the stands: Two Bases.
  • Batted ball in flight strikes yellow line on fence or top of railing in left-center field and rebounds onto the playing field: In Play.

unless they had an angle show it touching something above the yellow line after the ricochet, that’s a double.

And then there is the last bullet, universal ground rules for all of MLB:

• All yellow lines are in play.
Edited by UTexasFight
Unless those are old rules and website hasn’t been updated
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, WBT said:

At least Hunter Brown has joined us in the 2024 season.  ERA down below 10 and WHIP down from 3.91 to 2.56.

Why would you post this before he's out of the game jackass?

Hindsight yada yada, but every decision Espada has made so far this year has been wrong

I won’t say they’ve all been terrible or not what he should have done, but they’ve all seemed to end up wrong

(like putting brown out there for the 7th …and bringing in dubin)

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Hindsight yada yada, but every decision Espada has made so far this year has been wrong

I won’t say they’ve all been terrible or not what he should have done, but they’ve all seemed to end up wrong

(like putting brown out there for the 7th …and bringing in dubin)

I gladly stand corrected for the very last point!

great work Dubin 

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1