Spring Game - 4/20/2024

msucolt45

34 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I mean you say that but Rod Barbers was on the podcast saying the same thing , not that they forgot. But they didn’t put as much emphasis like the dline cause they thought they were better in that area 

We don't have a lot of pass heavy offenses on our schedule and the SEC is a LOS league. Thank god we are not playing a QB of Penix's caliber next season. Maybe that's why they emphasized the lines? 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

We don't have a lot of pass heavy offenses on our schedule and the SEC is a LOS league. Thank god we are not playing a QB of Penix's caliber next season. Maybe that's why they emphasized the lines? 

I am concerned about what we saw with the secondary but would be more concerned if we were playing the usual Big 12 schedule against a lot of pass happy teams. I don't see anyone on our SEC schedule built to exploit our weakness in the secondary.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

welp just listening to a few SEC Podcast Texas secondary is in for it next fall. 

did we put the secondary on the back burner cause we were to focused on our d-line???? Should we have seen the writing on the wall from last season?? 

yeah we got Makuba but we had a chance at other DBs we didn’t even go after 

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

I believe they went relatively light on portal in secondary because they were in on multiple elite HS recruits and didn't want to spook them.

My concern is that talent may not be the issue in the secondary. Development/coaching seems to be straight cheeks. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

My concern is that talent may not be the issue in the secondary. Development/coaching seems to be straight cheeks. 

4f617f9953b57.image.jpg

But wait, there is more.

6_3510375.jpg

• Haha 1

I wouldn't freak out about the secondary just based off one practice exhibition where the starting secondary didn't play together. Muhammad played a few snaps and looked great then was done for the day. Mukuba played a few snaps and was done. Derek Williams didn't play many snaps and Jahdae Barron didn't play at all. 

Outside of Brook's one blow coverage early most of the offense that was put up was against backups in the secondary. Starters in base nickel defense are probably going to be Williams and Mukuba at safety, Muhammad and Barron at corner, and Guilbeau at nickel. 

I wouldn't worry much unless there's injuries. Brooks can probably play well as a rotation guy at corner, and possibly Holmes will be improved backing up the other corner, but safety could be a mess if one of those goes down. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Majorcholas said:

Wingos should starts

His talent is undeniable. I am not goign to say he has to start, but Sark needs to get him in the rotation.  The delta between 1st string WRs and the rest was pretty wide last year. That does not appear to be the case this year. Wingo looks like he can be special. It will be interesting to see how big the rotation is at WR this year. I am pretty certain it will extend beyond basically 3 last year, will it hit 6? 

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

His talent is undeniable. I am not goign to say he has to start, but Sark needs to get him in the rotation.  The delta between 1st string WRs and the rest was pretty wide last year. That does not appear to be the case this year. Wingo looks like he can be special. It will be interesting to see how big the rotation is at WR this year. I am pretty certain it will extend beyond basically 3 last year, will it hit 6? 

It almost feels like Kentucky basketball a few years back where they could just sub the entire rotation with very little drop off.

55 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Sark's circle of trust just got much bigger. We'll see a lot more with Bond, Cook, Wingo, Golden, Bolden, Moore, and maybe even Niblett in small parts. We are deeper than Lisa Ann's asshole. The ball distribution will be fun to watch. 

200w (5).gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1