Texas @ Houston Series Thread

Horny Bull

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

No longhorn team has ever made the post season winning less than 31 games

RPI matters more than number of wins. We pretty much have to get in the 40’s of RPI which is going to require more than 31 wins with how things currently look. Probably closer to 33-34 wins. 19 games left including today, which would mean a 12-7/13-6 finish.

57 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

RPI matters more than number of wins. We pretty much have to get in the 40’s of RPI which is going to require more than 31 wins with how things currently look. Probably closer to 33-34 wins. 19 games left including today, which would mean a 12-7/13-6 finish.

All of our RPI strength is out in front of us. Series against 10, 23, 24, and 35. Half of those on the road. The environment is there.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Balcones said:

All of our RPI strength is out in front of us. Series against 10, 23, 24, and 35. Half of those on the road. The environment is there.

Correct. As we saw with our series against K-State you can move up 15-20 RPI spots in one weekend by taking a good RPI series on the road.

UTRGV this Tuesday is the only truly terrible RPI game left, and if you lose home games to A&M Corpus and UTRGV in the same season you don’t deserve to make a regional anyway.

Edited by Hookem2147

47 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Correct. As we saw with our series against K-State you can move up 15-20 RPI spots in one weekend by taking a good RPI series on the road.

I assume it just gets more difficult to do so as we accrue more games, though, right?

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I assume it just gets more difficult to do so as we accrue more games, though, right?

Maybe a little bit but I don’t think it’s enough to make a huge difference. RPI remains pretty volatile because of how they weigh road wins vs home wins. It probably does settle down a bit once conference tournaments start because everyone is playing neutral site games at that point.

14 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Jelkin starting for Houston. Normal Friday night guy who hasn’t pitched in a few weeks due to arm soreness. He’s pretty good.

Cool, we have our former Friday night guy going too! 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Maybe a day game will help …

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Hmmm… late scratch?

I'm listening to the radio.  Craig said it was "antoin john" which I have no clue how to spell.  Another sore arm...  Brown in because of the swap...

Edited by petscii

2 hours ago, Balcones said:

And based on everything you just said, we’re probably going to be disappointed. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

And based on everything you just said, we’re probably going to be disappointed. 

We are doing fine right now, why not wait 10 minutes until we actually suck again?

Edited by petscii