do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

You know his botany teacher from college stays in close touch with him? They became friends! That’s pretty rare! I mean, actual friends! Like equals!

Yeah, but he was kissing Jerry's girlfriend near Central Park.  

8 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

The Dewey Decimal System...What a scam that was!

Maybe we can live without libraries, people like you and me. Maybe. Sure, we're too old to change the world, but what about that kid, sitting down, opening a book, right now, in a branch at the local library and finding drawings of pee-pees and wee-wees on the Cat in the Hat and the Five Chinese Brothers? Doesn't HE deserve better? Look. If you think this is about overdue fines and missing books, you'd better think again.

• Like 2

I don't care about Brody. I was up on 96th Street today, there was a kid couldn't have been more than ten years old. He was asking a street vendor if he had any other bootlegs as good as Death Blow. That's who I care about. The little kid who needs bootlegs, because his parent or guardian won't let him see the excessive violence and strong sexual content you and I take for granted.

• Like 5

that was an interesting parallel between the generation Jerry represents/represented.  Books v. videos.  It's like listening to Kramer describe Billy Mumphrey versus Vincent.  

I heard that theory and I think read some quips about it online a few years back.  It actually rings incredibly hollow.  Even a serious fan can list off about 5-10 episodes where ubiquitous cell phones negate the primary plot and certainly the Denouement (of which Larry was such a maestro).  And a scholarly survey of all episodes may yield 2-3 dozen.  But you're still left with 150 episodes that stand the test of time, regardless of technology.  Because of one true thing.  Interacting with human beings is fucking excruciating when you're the only funny one in a room full of people who think they're actually funny.

I'll grant 15%, maybe 30 total.  at best.  You're a bigger fan than me, but I think you're thinking of "Three's Company"-esque misunderstandings.  

Granted, Kramer would have used Google Maps to realize that the intersection of 1st & First didn't exist.  
Are we talking about just access to a cell phone to call people, or all the bells and whistles and research and data that come with a smart phone?  Because I first learned of this theory 10-15 years ago before true smart phones, just that Seinfeld episodes would be explained away by simple flip-phone connectivity.  What a weird rabbit hole to go down, but I gotta admit, could be fun.

technically, it does.  

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Neither does Die Hard.  But I watch the shit out of it anyway.

What?  Argyle literally uses a cell phone at least twice in the movie.  It just shows that false reliance on technology over intuition and grit is no substitute.  

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Carphone.  Not cell phone.

cellular means mobile telephone system.  Car phone is just a placement modifier.  It's like insisting your current iPhone isn't a mobile or cellular phone, but rather a "pocket phone"  since that's where it's housed most of the time a la car phone.  Shit, we just got trapped in a Seinfeld conversation didn't we?  Only much less funny.  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

cellular means mobile telephone system.  Car phone is just a placement modifier.  It's like insisting your current iPhone isn't a mobile or cellular phone, but rather a "pocket phone"  since that's where it's housed most of the time a la car phone.  Shit, we just got trapped in a Seinfeld conversation didn't we?  Only much less funny.  

Dude it is corded, appears to connect to the car. So it is not a "cell phone" in the current meaning. 

Point is if JM had a cell phone you lose 30 odd minutes of the movie and the "terrorists"(who said they were terrorists) aren't dug in.

and that cashier appeared in more episodes than anyone else besides the main four.

The episode with the daughters working there was hot.  Each one was really sexy.

speaking of Nana,

Sometimes you call Gammy in the morning.  When she's been out late.  Or she's not alone.  

Okay, (cough cough), Gammy's dying.  Gotta go.  Bye Bye.  

A store that will beat any advertised price prompts George to scour the city in search of sales and discounts. Elaine keeps ordering from the same restaurant in the hopes of flirting with the delivery driver. Jerry receives increasingly bizarre wrong-number calls. Kramer starts extreme couponing.

Could totally see this one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

A store that will beat any advertised price prompts George to scour the city in search of sales and discounts. Elaine keeps ordering from the same restaurant in the hopes of flirting with the delivery driver. Jerry receives increasingly bizarre wrong-number calls. Kramer starts extreme couponing.

Could totally see this one.

I laughed.

this one made me chuckle too

Jerry’s new girlfriend is featured in a commercial for ED. They are out to dinner and she gets recognized by the wait staff. They start to give Jerry unsolicited advice on how to keep the romance alive and boost his performance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1