Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

On 1/6/2024 at 4:15 PM, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I heard the Boomer Jacks in Montgomery Plaza is closing in a couple of weeks 

17 years is a solid run.

BoomerJack’s Grill, which started 17 years ago in Montgomery Plaza and grew to a regional sports bar with 16 locations, will close its original restaurant Jan. 21, founder Brent Tipps said in a written statement,

BoomerJack’s and Montgomery Plaza could not reach agreement on improvements, Tipps said. The restaurant’s employees will shift to the Bedford-based company’s three other Fort Worth locations.

The company will throw a “farewell bash” party at 4 p.m. Jan. 19, Tipps announced.

“This location has meant so much to us and we can’t thank the community and our longterm supporters enough for letting us serve you all these years,” he wrote.

BoomerJack’s, 2600 W. Seventh St., was the original reason many patrons found their way to the then-new shopping and apartment development.

The mixed-use concept won awards for its stunning reuse of a former department store and retail warehouse. Built in 1928 when Chicago-based Montgomery Ward and not Amazon.com delivered goods nationwide, the giant warehouse filled catalog orders from across the southern and western U.S. 

Pool equipment drained, wood cut, faucets covered, and groceries purchased. Good luck this week gents.

I went to O’reilly’s yesterday looking for some bulbs for the license plate light on the Blazer I’m working on and this little fella was having an absolute conniption fit because they were out of anti-gel for diesels. Ol boy got caught with his pants down and then got mad at someone else for it. I have enough to treat 380 gallons and if he weren’t such a cocksucker to the O’reilly’s staff I might have offered him some for free. I can’t imagine what Hudson Oaks HEB was like.

I kind of got caught but we’ll be fine. Mice got to the wiring inside one of the HVAC units outside and caused the control panel to take a dump. New panel won’t be in until Monday. Luckily the other unit is currently ok and we can chill on that side of the house.

Any truth to this shit already going around? c358178e0b73e162170b502478bebae8.png

I went to Dayne's on a recent friday. line was 20 deep out the door when I arrived at 1130. Stayed out the door till about noon. by 12:15, the line was a steady 5-10 peeps, stayed in the building. 

Great stuff, just not a fan of his ribs.

Just returned from Panthercity BBQ where there was no line when we walked in at 11:30am and never had more than 10 people in it while we were eating. Took two friends who had never been there and they were very satisfied with the brisket, ribs, sausage, and brisket smashburger.  Going back this afternoon for a second round with some folks and then to the rodeo.  The $18 hamburgers at Dickies are worse than day old quarter pounders from Mickey D's and the barbecue brisket burger at Panthercity will be my choice.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/15/2024 at 10:05 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Sounds like it will finally be demolished in a couple months.

spacer.png

Word on the street is that the person who swept the sheets each week died and the grieving owner sold it.

Was reading earlier that como folks wanted to designate it as historical (against owners wishes) bc it was one of the only hotels serving black customers back in the day. The motion was denied by the city. 

Two more gone. 

La Onda, an oyster bar and seafood bistro ranked by a national magazine in 2022 as one of America’s 50 best new restaurants, has closed for the second time.

The restaurant was praised by food critics for its original Race Street location, but closed in April. It reopened in September inside the Hotel Revel, 1165 Eighth Ave. 

----

Another chef-driven restaurant, the “Asian-Tex” Eazy Monkey at 401 W. Magnolia Ave., opened but has since gone dark in what chef Andrew Dilda has described as taking a temporary break. 

Edited by shadow_operative2.0

8 hours ago, Dr Fear said:
8 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:
Panther City accuses DayBreak Cafe on White Settlement Rd of stealing their smokers & shit.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C2Ykh1YrYjm/

IMG-0996.jpg

There's a comment on there with someone saying they talked to the Daybreak owner who blamed it on a neighbor.

I hope this is not true as I am a frequent customer of both of these places.

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:

Daybreak Auto has all the cars in front moved and a fence around it
ab7f357b080bb0161e40d8d08910a9fc.jpg373b2f429726f9d9e693941e77cbba61.jpg

Had breakfast there at Daybreak Cafe Thursday morning and they were still there.  Must have been later that day or yesterday.

If you need to find @Herbie Hancock any time after February 10, he’ll be here in Clearfork.

The craft bar menu includes Oak & Eden permanent whiskeys offered neat or on-the-rocks for $9-$18. A selection of its signature cocktails cost $14-$18 as well as seasonal drinks exclusive to the Clearfork location including the “’Midnight in Eden’ featuring butter fat-washed bourbon, plum raisin liqueur and walnut bitters, and the ‘Magnificent Seven’ boasting shitake and artichoke liqueurs, bitters, and smoked herb oil.” Three “tasting flights” are also offered from $16-$18. 

• Like 1