Party Purity

MixtyMotions

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/10/red-state-democrats-can-do-better-than-joe-manchin.html

Red State Democrats Can Do Better Than Joe Manchin

I love it when Dems go on a parity purity kick.  I hate it when the GOP does.

If the Dems lose Manchin they don't have a dream of replacing him with another Dem.  I'm a firm believer in having somebody on the team who isn't with you 100% if it means the alternative is having someone who is with you far less.

I hate the crazies in my party who don't understand power - who are just ideological dreamers.  And I LOVE the crazy Dems, like this author.

Are YOU a crazy party purity type?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

57 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

... I hate the crazies in my party who don't understand power ...

Oh, GOP leadership has provided a plethora of lessons on the exertion of top-down power within the party over the last decade or so.  As much deserved shit as the DNC got for their handling of Sanders/HRC, the GOP leadership isn't much better.  The whole lot are corrupt as fuck.

I'm not concerned about attacks on Murkowski.  She is easily replaced.

I would be concerned about attacks on Collins.  She would be difficult to replace.  I also did not like attacks on Jim Jeffords, Olympia Snowe, Scott Brown, Arlen Specter, Dean Heller, and Jeff Flake to name a few.

If I were a Dem I'd be mortified at attacks on Manchin.  There isn't a dream he'd be replaced by another Dem.

But then if I were a Dem attacks on Doug Jones wouldn't bother me.  He's gone.