Need a Raleigh BBQ rec... Stat

Slacks

I'm in Raleigh.leaching tomorrow. I've had a couple people say go to The Pit. Google says the brisket isn't smoked (not that im going to order brisket in NC).

Probably means it's meh, so I need the Shag to come through. Fast like your mom.

You're in Carolina. Do NOT order brisket. Other than that, can't help you. And motherfucking text a brother next time
Yeah. I'm getting pork fa sho...

My bad on the shitty comms.

I think I have it covered. Place is closed in the evening, so tomorrow...

Don't mess with brisket in NC.  Whole hog is what they do best.  The Tails From the Pits podcast featured Sam Jones BBQ which is a little outside Raleigh.  I'd try that if I were in the area.

That guy you just name dropped is one of the top 3 whole hog guys in the country. And a hell of a singer.

I know it's too late. Never eaten at the Pit. Allen and Sons is probably tops in that area. Definitely Carolina style. I've yet to figure out how there can be no smoke flavor in Carolina que and they cook over wood. I guess hot and fast but not what I prefer. Can get good que here if you adjust yourself to the style.

• 2 months later...
I know it's too late. Never eaten at the Pit. Allen and Sons is probably tops in that area. Definitely Carolina style. I've yet to figure out how there can be no smoke flavor in Carolina que and they cook over wood. I guess hot and fast but not what I prefer. Can get good que here if you adjust yourself to the style.

Allen & Son original location in Hillsborough is no more.

Please refer to this for NC ‘cue joints that use only wood:
http://www.truecue.org/true-cue-nc/