Liverpool 2017-18: We won it 5 times

longhorndude

Yall know more about it than anybody i can think of but are the contracts guaranteed and has salah triggered a release clause ....we just signed him on a 5 year deal 

Has anyone played hardball in recent memory and just kept player on cheap deal? 

Love what salah has done and want him to stay at liverpool just curious on how these situations play out

There was a reason he only signed for 37million right...i know athletes want to get raises but im sure teams dont get $$$ back if he doesnt score over 20 next year

Edited by Bone3421

I did google it and i see it says no release clause so i guess its hopefully liverpools new raise or nothing....i guess i would like them to say lets see one more year then pay him...or is that my american sports opinion lol 

Time to bring him back?

Marko Grujic has been nominated for Cardiff City's Young Player of the Season award....

Despite only arriving at the club in January🏆
liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football…

Edited by pied

Lallana made the 23 squad for Rome so I guess he's ready to go which helps with our terrible mid-depth. 

There's also a claim of a "shock move" that Buvac is in the running for Arsenal's manager. 

Edited by mdmost

6 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

Yall know more about it than anybody i can think of but are the contracts guaranteed and has salah triggered a release clause ....we just signed him on a 5 year deal 

Has anyone played hardball in recent memory and just kept player on cheap deal? 

Love what salah has done and want him to stay at liverpool just curious on how these situations play out

There was a reason he only signed for 37million right...i know athletes want to get raises but im sure teams dont get $$$ back if he doesnt score over 20 next year

Salah didn't sign for £37m. That was the transfer fee paid to Rome. 

Contract details aren't as readily available as they are in American sports. I think Salah is on £90k per week over 4 years. That's in the range of £18m total. 

ETA: I saw it mentioned that Klopp has hinted at new contracts for both Salah and Mane now that Bobby's is done. 

Edited by Jograves

7 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

I did google it and i see it says no release clause so i guess its hopefully liverpools new raise or nothing....i guess i would like them to say lets see one more year then pay him...or is that my american sports opinion lol 

Liverpool doesn't put release clauses in their contracts – that's been the sticking point re: Emre Can signing a new deal. He wants one, LFC does not.

As for Salah, not sure what more you want out of the guy. He scored 29 and assisted 17 over two years in Serie A prior to coming to Liverpool and setting the league on fire. He's 25 and has 41 goals this season. No way in hell he has to "prove" anything before getting a bumper deal – he already has.

• Like 1

Trying not to think about it today.  I'll be a bag of nerves tomorrow.

I actually allowed myself to dream of Kiev a couple of days ago.  I'm not sure how I'd get through it.  I was a complete wreck the week before Athens in '07, and I'm way deeper into LFC now than I was then.

28 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

Liverpool doesn't put release clauses in their contracts – that's been the sticking point re: Emre Can signing a new deal. He wants one, LFC does not.

As for Salah, not sure what more you want out of the guy. He scored 29 and assisted 17 over two years in Serie A prior to coming to Liverpool and setting the league on fire. He's 25 and has 41 goals this season. No way in hell he has to "prove" anything before getting a bumper deal – he already has.

Not saying that necessarily...was curious how the contract details work 

Had an amazing year no doubt but plenty of athletes have gotten paid after one year and never produced again...not saying that will be the case just wondering what leverage the club has

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Doesn’t Klopp require the receiving club to guarantee a certain amount of minutes before we loan them out?

I'd imagine that'd be negotiated into the contract. Just not sure what that number is for a kid like Brewster.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

And send us your address so we know how to send the funeral wreath to if things go south tomorrow.

I have no fear of internet sport gods....now if i was talking about a perfect game or something live in person then yeah....but i dont believe the sports gods have wi-fi

4 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

I have no fear of internet sport gods....now if i was talking about a perfect game or something live in person then yeah....but i dont believe the sports gods have wi-fi

I saw Nolan Ryan's 7th No-Hitter. (I think that it was the first game I ever made it to for the first pitch... after ~15 years of attending games.)

At the end of the Top of the 2nd, I turned to my friend and said "You know, he's still got a No-Hitter going."

He fanned so many that night that when someone made contact and put the ball in play, I initially thought that the No-No had been broken.

Sports Gods Love Confidence!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

MATCH DAY!!!!!!!!! 

Slept like a baby last night with visions of Bobby's smile and Mo's 'fro dancing in Rome.

I have a fucking cold so I slept like shit. I'm dragging ass this morning.

Hopefully the lads are feeling better than I am. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Roma is going to be pressing early and we will hit them with a couple of counters to break thier spirit....then it will be like last week with the reds running all over them

SOCCER GODS: for the record, Bone3421 does not represent me or the majority of Liverpool fans.  We are all fully aware of the effect hubris has on sporting events and are fully expecting to be thrashed.  Please be gentle and don't let us get embarrassed too badly.

Edited by DeadSalamander
  • Like 3