Liverpool 2017-18: We won it 5 times

longhorndude

7 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Man, I like you dudes, but if I win the powerball I’m not planning to fly around my friends from the internet to watch pool play. 

Hookers and blow, bitches. But classy hookers, cuz I’m rich and shit. 

Sounds like you have no idea how to spend $$$....if i won the lottery for 195 mill why wouldnt i reward fans of my club and family members ....for what 200k at max 

Edited by Bone3421
  • Like 1

When I started the shag thread a few minutes after we beat Middlesbrough I was excited to be back in the CL, but even with Klopp’s magic and the squad’s belief, it’s surreal to be one game away from #6. 

Watching the 07 CL final at a bar with supporters in Munich was what brought me to the club and I hope this time we close the deal. 

• Like 2

Yada yada.... I typed a bunch of crap but 4G shit the bed....rest everyone for chelsea....use brighton as tune up for finals and secure 4th

But everyone forgets chelsea has to win out to even have chance while liverpool and tottenham shit bed

Im drunk and tempted to start the _ time thread lol

And since yall are a superstitious bunch i just want to add while we were celebrating today an acquaintance bought shots after the game and proposed to drink for _ ... But I even thought that was to bold

I wont even type it

Edited by Bone3421

4 hours ago, longhorndude said:

I’m starting to think bone may be our Phlegm.....

Go all out versus Chelsea, then if need be at least we get a week to rest up if everyone needs to go again versus Brighton. 

Meh...just drunk and celebrating...my head hurts lol

After Chelsea drew against West Ham, Liverpool needed 9 points from 6 games to clinch CL qualification. With games against Everton, Bournemouth, WBA, Stoke, Chelsea, Brighton to come.

If they fail to achieve that it'll be some fuck up even by modern era Liverpool standards.

I'll go back to the TAA at MF decision. Against Brighton, sure. Against a team that's on your heels for a CL spot, no. I get you want Hendo to stay fresh but he's the first one on when you sub so you gambled that TAA could produce and lost. Maybe in the long run having to go all out against Brighton will help to get us back to form for the CL Final. 

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'll go back to the TAA at MF decision. Against Brighton, sure. Against a team that's on your heels for a CL spot, no. I get you want Hendo to stay fresh but he's the first one on when you sub so you gambled that TAA could produce and lost. Maybe in the long run having to go all out against Brighton will help to get us back to form for the CL Final. 

At some point we will learn that leaving Henderson out of the lineup corresponds to our team not winning games.

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

We’re all out of sorts. 

Need to to buy some QUALITY depth this summer. Danny Ings and Dom Solanke are  a decent option if you’re Watford. 

Some similar needs as last summer. Here’s how I’d rank what we need:

1.) DM to replace Can

2.) CB to partner with VvD

3.) AM

4.) Striker

5.) GK

I expect Klopp to stick with Karius but I feel all the other spots should be addressed 

5 hours ago, maninblack said:

Bigger story is Salah and Mane will be about a week into Ramadan and will that have any negative effect on their fitness. 

Can too.

I read that they could be considered travelers during the Kiev trip and avoid having to fast during the day.

Also saw that they could take a day off from Ramadan on match day and make it up later. Ozil did that during Euros before.

In the end, it's up to each player's Iman.

20 hours ago, maninblack said:

After Chelsea drew against West Ham, Liverpool needed 9 points from 6 games to clinch CL qualification. With games against Everton, Bournemouth, WBA, Stoke, Chelsea, Brighton to come.

If they fail to achieve that it'll be some fuck up even by modern era Liverpool standards.

I think a lot of that has to do with what we knew going into this season. We were lacking quality depth, that is catching up to us. Hopefully they can find a little more energy with only 2 games left in the season. I would also hope having a full week between games will give the squad the added rest they need.

1 hour ago, Jograves said:

If Clyne, Can, Ox, Lallana, Gomez, and Matip are all healthy, no one is complaining about depth. Injuries have been the biggest culprit these last several weeks. 

Which still show lack of depth issues. You can't assume you are going to stay 100% healthy every year especially when you hope to be playing the number of games that the top teams do every year. Especially with the injury history that some of he players mentioned have had in their careers. 

Yeah, but you can't have a squad of 40 guys either. These guys want to play. There's going to be a dropoff between the first XI and their backups. It's how it is. Klopp would say, 'this is completely normal.' 

The fact is we weren't complaining about depth in December when we were playing twice a week. It's only now that several are out. 

2 hours ago, Jograves said:

Yeah, but you can't have a squad of 40 guys either. These guys want to play. There's going to be a dropoff between the first XI and their backups. It's how it is. Klopp would say, 'this is completely normal.' 

The fact is we weren't complaining about depth in December when we were playing twice a week. It's only now that several are out. 

We were complaining about depth in December. 

And I don't buy the argument that we can't have extremely talented backups on our bench because they're going to demand playing time. City bought Sané in the summer of 2016 and he played just a hair over 50% of City's minutes last season. This year, he was the 2nd-best winger in the league. Then they bought Bernardo Silva this year, who's hardly gotten a sniff of the pitch.

Liverpool doesn't have the infinite resources of City but you don't shy away from stockpiling talent if you can get them to come. Sure, they want to play, but I would hope that the ego on most of these guys would dictate that they'll take their chances beating out whoever's ahead of them. Oxlade-Chamberlain wasn't guaranteed anything prior to his signing for us and he fought his way onto the pitch.

With so the number of fixtures a club like Liverpool will play over the course of the season, plus potential injuries, etc., talented players will get playing time.

You can't compare City to us. It's apples and hand grenades. They spent £140m on fullbacks last summer. 

Our goal should be to have 16 to 18 outfield players that can play in the first XI. We've had that for a large chunk of this season. 

Edited by Jograves