Liverpool 2017-18: We won it 5 times

longhorndude

Good luck with that. 

Ian Ayre is the first CEO of Nashville's Major League Soccer club, he confirmed Sunday in an exclusive interview with the Tennessean. And for those who aren't tuned in to the international soccer scene, please understand: This is a major development.

https://amp.tennessean.com/amp/627433002#click=https://t.co/Yabxz4bJdB

9 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Anyone watching at a sports bar in Dallas? I.e Liverpool-specific sports bar.

I’m debating going to the Addison Londoner but I think it’s going to be a madhouse. And I’m highly superstitious because I’ve been at home watching these CL matches. But if I go, I’ll be wearing the jersey and bringing the scarf I wore to Anfield. 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I’m debating going to the Addison Londoner but I think it’s going to be a madhouse. And I’m highly superstitious because I’ve been at home watching these CL matches. But if I go, I’ll be wearing the jersey and bringing the scarf I wore to Anfield. 

The Londoner will be NUTS. Would think you need to be there by ~10 or so. May need a reservation. 

1 hour ago, pied said:

Kid game(important one) at 3:30, arrival time 2:45. Knew I’d be f-ed and I am. I’m used to streaming so hoping that it’s working well Saturday. 

47 minutes ago, MidTexHorn said:

I’ll be watching at some bar in the Charlotte airport. Really wasn’t thinking we’d make the final when I booked this flight 6 months ago. 

JFC people, is nothing sacred?!?

• Like 1

I'm watching at The Gorgeous Gael in Houston. Doors open at 9 AM. They're covering the patio with a tent and expecting over 300 people. 

Gonna have to find a way to pace myself that day.

ETA: Just found out they changed it to 10 AM. 

Also, the Houston LFC group is doing a mixer with the Houston Real Madrid supporters tonight at Cantina La Calle on Franklin St.  

Edited by Jograves

I don't understand letting anything conflict with this.  I'm supposed to COACH my kid's football game Saturday, but I told the league and my team parents 3 weeks ago that I wouldn't make it and someone would have to cover.  Can't even risk DVR'ing it in case someone ruins it at the game.

Also just can't do the pub thing.  I need to be alone.  I've warned my family that I will be a miserable wreck from approximately noon until it's over.  They are making plans to be elsewhere.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm with you on needing to be alone. The pub idea sounds nice in theory but I'd rather not get there multiple hours in advance. It could be fun and be nice to be around other LFC fans, win or lose. Don't want to go somewhere and be around Real fans like at The Bomb Factory. I'll probably just stay home. Taking the kids to my moms so I can have a nice quiet house. Wife is getting her hair done. If things go south, I didn't want the kids to hear the carpet bombing of profanities I'll throw out. 

36 minutes ago, DeadSalamander said:

I don't understand letting anything conflict with this.  I'm supposed to COACH my kid's football game Saturday, but I told the league and my team parents 3 weeks ago that I wouldn't make it and someone would have to cover.  Can't even risk DVR'ing it in case someone ruins it at the game.

Also just can't do the pub thing.  I need to be alone.  I've warned my family that I will be a miserable wreck from approximately noon until it's over.  They are making plans to be elsewhere.

I hear you I really do. Kid’s a keeper and I warm him up. They’re playing in a league qualifying tournament and I’ll be streaming. 

I knew this was likely for ~a month. 

3 hours ago, maninblack said:

Need a strong holding mid behind that.

-----------Firmino---------

--Mane--Fekir--Salah--

--------K8A-----------------

----------------Hendo------

Andy-Lovren-VVD-TAA

Rotation of Milner, Gini, Ox, Lallana, Clyne and others for B games.

Edited by TKS

15 hours ago, DeadSalamander said:

The Owner (JWH) talking about Suarez and Coutinho:

Henry did have some final comments for the two ex-Liverpool players.

“They’ll be watching this weekend and could have been playing,” he said.

Saw the part about him not understanding why players would want to leave Liverpool to go to Barcelona.

I prefer Liverpool to Barcelona, but this guy is an idiot. Barcelona has already won two trophies this year and play in a bigger stadium in a better city.  Why would two guys from Latin America prefer to play in Barcelona and win trophies every year to playing in northwest England and possibly win their first trophy in half a dozen years? Hmmm....

As an American fan of the sport of soccer, Henry is an outright worldwide embarrassment.

Edited by Napoleon