2018 - 2019 Dallas Mavericks: Throw Some D's

CBT

I mean he only won the MVP, Finals MVP, and won a Championship almost by himself.
Almost my himself? Yeah let's discount the vet presence of Terry, Tyson, Marion and Kidd. As well as the junkyard dog mentality in Stevenson. Not to mention JJ Bareas contribution. But yeah by himself...

On 3/20/2019 at 3:21 PM, Vic Mackey said:
On 3/20/2019 at 2:44 PM, Drew said:
I mean he only won the MVP, Finals MVP, and won a Championship almost by himself.

Almost my himself? Yeah let's discount the vet presence of Terry, Tyson, Marion and Kidd. As well as the junkyard dog mentality in Stevenson. Not to mention JJ Bareas contribution. But yeah by himself...

That's not a Championship roster bud. Dirk's 2 runs to the Finals rivals Olajuwan's in terms of a generational player carrying an entire team on his back.  Especially considering what we went up against in the championship run, sweeping L.A., young OKC, and of course Lebron's Heat.

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 2

On 3/19/2019 at 11:21 AM, Dirk X West said:

As I recall, the Mavs had a pretty bad track record with drafting white players prior to Dirk.

Yep. I was having flashbacks to Loren Meyer and Cherokee Parks.  

I had to go for a walk and when I got back in my dad tried to reassure me. Hey this guy can shoot a little bit.  

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

That's not a Championship roster bud. Dirk's 2 runs to the Finals rivals Olajuwan's in terms of a generational player carrying an entire team on his back.  Especially considering what we went up against in the championship run, sweeping L.A., young OKC, and of course Lebron's Heat.

False. Lebron taking the Cavs in 2007 was all by himself. Dirk had a great supporting cast, especially in 2011. To say he did it all himself is doing a huge disservice to his teammates. 

14 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

False. Lebron taking the Cavs in 2007 was all by himself. Dirk had a great supporting cast, especially in 2011. To say he did it all himself is doing a huge disservice to his teammates. 

Getting that roster through western conference is a whole other animal than getting through the east.  Certainly, Lebron deserves credit and I should've included him,  but you're greatly overrating both the 2006 and 2011 rosters.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 1

That 2011 Dallas team was one of the most unlikely champs of my lifetime. Who was their second best player -- a 38yo Jason Kidd? Maybe Jason Terry? Would have been the equivalent of replacing Luka with KD this year and watching them win a title. The rosters are comparable except for Luka is 13-14 years younger than Dirk was.

9 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Yep. I was having flashbacks to Loren Meyer and Cherokee Parks.  

I had to go for a walk and when I got back in my dad tried to reassure me. Hey this guy can shoot a little bit.  

No love for Uwe Blab and Bill Wennington (on back-to-back picks, no less)?  Nightmare fuel.

15 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

You clearly respect the 2005-2018 Eastern Conference very highly if you are comparing what Lebron did in the East to what Dirk did in the West.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:49 AM, threesheets said:

This late game Trae Young ROY social media push is pathetic.

Nah the best is that Donic was so overhyped and a media darling that everyone wanted to succeed and the new face of a certain section of NBA fandom(ie, White).

It's Rookie of the YEAR, not the last month and a half.

• Like 1

The sad thing is the players that are endorsing Young.  Like Donovan Mitchell and Blake Griffin's bitch ass.  Enjoyed the first comment on this one though.  Actually pretty much all the comments (can't fucking get tweets to post right on desktop, sorry):

https://twitter.com/spidadmitchell/status/1109651898813038603

Edited by threesheets

The vote will be much closer than it should be.  A lot of people will value the end of the season more because they won't remember the early part of the season when Luka was dominating.  They will also conveniently forget that Luka's roster changed considerably halfway through the season.  Those who remember it may actually point to that as the reason his stats have improved.  If the vote had been at the all-star break, it might have been unanimous.  Trae is having a ROY type of season, but Luka is having the better one.  I hope the voters see it that way.