2018 - 2019 Dallas Mavericks: Throw Some D's

CBT

One thing to remember is they still have a 12 million trade exception that can be used for 1 year from the KP trade.

I'm not sure exactly how it works but I think it means they can be involved as a 3rd team in a trade to use the TE to make salaries work.

They may not be done. 

13 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Id guess Ricks deal is he likes HB and wants to win now.  He thinks HB gives them a better shot than Justin Jackson

Agreed.  He also needs to realize that they aren’t winning anything meaningful this year.  I’m guessing we buy out Randolph???

Feel kinda bad for HB on the way things leaked out and that it was during a game.  For all intensive porpoises, he's been a really good teammate and a great representative of the community since he's been in Dallas.  I wish him the best, and admire his staying courtside after the fact.  Good on him.  

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Trading a guy who has been a good teammate in the middle of a game is pretty bush league. How did that happen to get out? 

his agent was involved in the talks and Barnes knew it might happen very soon. he chose to play. once it is done it is going to leak. Lebron of course goes bitchmode without knowing the facts.  Everyone was very aware of what was going on.

• Like 1

Just about every player knows they 

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

his agent was involved in the talks and Barnes knew it might happen very soon. he chose to play. once it is done it is going to leak. Lebron of course goes bitchmode without knowing the facts.  Everyone was very aware of what was going on.

He chose to play because he hadn’t been traded. Which of course is the right thing to do. Anything “might” happen.

So was he traded in the middle of a game or not? 

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Just about every player knows they 

He chose to play because he hadn’t been traded. Which of course is the right thing to do. Anything “might” happen.

So was he traded in the middle of a game or not? 

yes but Barnes already knew.  see the article from espn.  so did he already know or not?  His fucking agent was involved. what is "bush league" when your own agent is involved and agreed to the timing.

Barnes' agent, Jeff Schwartz, told ESPN's Paul Pierce that he and the Mavericks were working on a trade and Barnes knew that something was in the works with Sacramento. The timing was agreed upon during the game, according to Schwartz, and Barnes wanted to play.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yes but Barnes already knew.  see the article from espn.  so did he already know or not?  His fucking agent was involved. what is "bush league" when your own agent is involved and agreed to the timing.

Barnes' agent, Jeff Schwartz, told ESPN's Paul Pierce that he and the Mavericks were working on a trade and Barnes knew that something was in the works with Sacramento. The timing was agreed upon during the game, according to Schwartz, and Barnes wanted to play.

So basically they were working on a trade but hadn’t finalized it before the game, so he correctly wanted to play. Then for some reason it got finalized duringthe game and he went out and put on street clothes. 

If that’s how it went down then yeah it’s bush league. Wait a fucking hour to get it done so he doesn’t sit the rest of the game. Or is there some other explanation for why he played then sat out?

• Fuck You 1

Just now, JimmyJames said:

So basically they were working on a trade but hadn’t finalized it before the game, so he correctly wanted to play. Then for some reason it got finalized duringthe game and he went out and put on street clothes. 

If that’s how it went down then yeah it’s bush league. Wait a fucking hour to get it done so he doesn’t sit the rest of the game. Or is there some other explanation for why he played then sat out?

then he should fire his agent...I'm not sure what you are arguing.  his own fucking agent agreed to the timing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Well if true that’s totally bizarre.

you might want to quit being an ass and read something.  its in the ESPN article with them quoting his agent.  he knew it was in the works for days and the mavs didn't want him to play but he wanted to.  this is a big non event because Barnes knew it could happen at any time and his agent was directly involved.  everyone is fine except for bitchmode LeBron.  Barnes is in a better situation anyway and was not surprised by the trade.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

you might want to quit being an ass and read something.  its in the ESPN article with them quoting his agent.  he knew it was in the works for days and the mavs didn't want him to play but he wanted to.  this is a big non event because Barnes knew it could happen at any time and his agent was directly involved.  everyone is fine except for bitchmode LeBron.  Barnes is in a better situation anyway and was not surprised by the trade.

I haven’t read anything that said the mavs didn’t want him to play. If you have such an article I’d be happy to read it. The unusual thing here is a trade being finalized in the very middle of a game, causing a player to then sit out the rest of it. Who cares what people thought might happen eventually. 

14 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I haven’t read anything that said the mavs didn’t want him to play. If you have such an article I’d be happy to read it. The unusual thing here is a trade being finalized in the very middle of a game, causing a player to then sit out the rest of it. Who cares what people thought might happen eventually. 

his agent was aware of everything as was Barnes.  they knew it could happen at any time.

Following the game, Paul Pierce said on ESPN that Barnes was aware he was being shopped by the Mavericks, and there was a possibility he could be moved as soon as Wednesday night — but he asked to play anyway.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

So Locked on Mavs podcast guessed that Donnie could use the trade exception at the draft in exchange for an asset (picks maybe) to make a deal work.

Seems like we are going to be all quiet until then.  Unless I'm missing something.

The problem with this is it would use up some of our cap room and I'm pretty sure they want to go get Vucevic or Mirotic or someone.

When you have a trade that you really like a few hours before the deadline, you pull the trigger and get it done no matter the timing.  I also assume once a trade is agreed upon, you would always pull a player from a game to avoid the risk of a freak injury that would spoil the whole thing. 

You don't delay the trade until after the game, because then Sacramento is playing a late game, and you'd have to delay it until after their game, next thing you know its 4 hours later and some team has called and muddied the water for the deal you liked.

I really don't understand why Vucevic wouldn't be a good fit.  Especially in the Modern NBA.  He's not a back to basket slow big.  He rebounds and can score on his own. he and KP actually offset as KP is a better rim protector and Vuc is a better Rebounder...both will be great with Luka.

Having said that if they go get Brogdon and probably another player to fill out the starting lineup and fit better on the team, I'm all for it.  I can't wait to see the Mavs fan bemoan ANOTHER off season of dreaming of Big Fish, and not getting them though.  I honestly think the Cap Space is best used as it was this year...to absorb bad contracts to get a really good player(like the Knicks trade for KP).

I just think its too many bigs and Vuc is somewhat redundant with KP and MK and I think defensively it would be a problem.  But that's just me.  However, I would give my left nut for someone like Montrezl Harrell. 

Also, I've been watching Justin Jackson highlights and I'm not sure he cant be a pretty good player.  Quick release.  Good athlete.  Seems to be a smart player who isn't a ball stopper.  I think he fits pretty well.  Of course, I'm drunk on the Mav kool-aid right now.

6 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Give me an uber-athletic wing and someone who can play above average defense against pg’s and bang home open 3’s.  Bring back Powell, Maxi, and DFS.

Well we're going to see what it's like with just Powell and Maxi as our only real bigs for the rest of the year(Dirk can't play enough to really be counted, particularly on Defense). So we'll see.

I'm not sure KP is a true defensive shut down defender.  He'll block shots for sure.