2018 - 2019 Dallas Mavericks: Throw Some D's

CBT

57 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

If that is the case, thank god. Trading him unless you get a great return (you won't) would be so fucking stupid. It would mean the season you sucked and got the luxury of that draft pick was a waste.

If Rick can't make it work, then find a coach who can. I mean it's been how long now since the Finals? I know he's a great coach but he isn't the best for young teams. When he came here in 08, we had a veteran Kidd, Dirk and Terry. Guys who were already developed and knew the ropes. This team is the complete opposite. Our building block is 19. DSJ is young as hell, too. I believe if we had a different coach in 2015, Rondo would have worked. Yeah I know the consensus is fuck that guy but Rick will wear on certain guys. I don't agree in quitting on your team ever but it should have never gotten there. A coach has to be willing to be flexible in the guys the front office brings in. Packers finally moved on from McCarthy and that lone title was the same as the Mavs. Sometimes the message gets stale and you need a new voice. 

Looks like someone stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night. 

If he is staying put, DSJ needs to embrace the JJ role of playmaker off the bench. Facility for others or be the 2nd unit scorer.

If the Kings want Barnes, about only thing that works salary wise is us taking on expiring contracts of Z-bo and Shumpert. You do that and the amount of cap room we have this summer is insane (we all know how great chasing free agents has worked out for the Mavs)

I like Barnes a lot more than most and don’t see why we would move him.  If he opts out I hope we can bring him back at $15-20M/yr.  In an ideal world where Luka is the main ball handler, our PG (shortest guy on the floor) would be a great spot up shooter and lock down defender.  DSJ has the tools to possibly be the that player, but I don’t think he has any desire to be that player.  I said upthread that my fear is that DSJ wants to be John Wall.  If that’s the case, we need to part ways, because he will never be happy here.  

DSJ is obviously handling things incorrectly so much of the blame is his, but I've often wondered if Rick is DC the CD right guy to nurture a young team. Luka is such a prodigious talent that even Carlisle is wise enough to go against his nature and stay out of Luka's way, plus with Luka being a pro for the last 3 or 4 years he's not a typical rookie with inconsistent play. ed77b84db946f94a65e4031b0ae9d3d4.jpg

17 hours ago, Drew said:

Jesus guys, this isn't the "Mavs have given up on DSJ" or thinks he sucks.  It's clear the fit doesn't make sense, but they're still trying to make it work. It looks like DSJ isn't.

True.

Yep, it came from DSJ's camp.  Pretty clear.

He wants his players to play a certain way, and isn't asking anything more than any great coach asks for.  He's trying to coach a guy that's never really been coached before, and it's obviously ruffling DSJ.  He's not used to it.  I'd side with Rick on this every time(just like Rondo...and DSJ is nowhere near Rondo)

Absolutely.

Yeah, the Mavs have never been "Gung Ho" about trading DSJ.  They will if the right deal comes along, but not because they just want him gone...if anything it'll be a "win/win" trade with another team, where they trade a guy that they don't have a spot for or doesn't fit(like Orlando with so many Bigs) for DSJ, who as much as we want, really isn't that great with Luka on the floor.

Why are you quoting me from a post I made Monday? The context of my posts were the initial Woj tweet where he indicated it was the Mavs driving the trade. More information has come to light since then and I've made several posts after these. 

4 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

Why are you quoting me from a post I made Monday? The context of my posts were the initial Woj tweet where he indicated it was the Mavs driving the trade. More information has come to light since then and I've made several posts after these. 

Sorry, first time I came in this thread this week was yesterday.  But I still saw people saying this even after it became clear this was more of a DSJ decision.  Just quoted a few.

my guess is all this BS with Rick fellating DSJ's work ethic and team mentality is an effort to keep as much trade value as possible. no one wants a kid, who has yet to prove anything, that can be a potential cancer, whether its him or his handlers.  get him cheap sure but not for full value.