2018 - 2019 Dallas Mavericks: Throw Some D's

CBT

2 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Good win tonight.

I love watching Dirk even though he hobbles.

Luka is a stud.  

I'm for keeping Luka Barnes DSJ Maxi DFS and JJ everyone else is on the block

DSJ isn't untouchable for me I just don't know what we could really get for him. I know this will be unpopular but if we could get a decent haul for JJ, I would do it. He's 34 years old and isn't going to be a part of this rebuild for much longer. 

Everyone can, and should be, available for the right package.  Mavs are still at least a year away from making real noise(a lot like Denver was last year).  I'd love to keep DSJ, but if they feel he and Luka don't exactly fit, then get a guy/pick that can be Luka's Robin(and I am not saying they should trade him, I'm just not going to act like it's some horrible trade if they do for some reason).

They're going to have to find someone that can offer what DAJ does, except with more energy, at a much cheaper price to really help.  I love that he can get every rebound, but he's too hit or miss with the effort.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Everyone can, and should be, available for the right package.  Mavs are still at least a year away from making real noise(a lot like Denver was last year).  I'd love to keep DSJ, but if they feel he and Luka don't exactly fit, then get a guy/pick that can be Luka's Robin(and I am not saying they should trade him, I'm just not going to act like it's some horrible trade if they do for some reason).

They're going to have to find someone that can offer what DAJ does, except with more energy, at a much cheaper price to really help.  I love that he can get every rebound, but he's too hit or miss with the effort.

So they will come to the conclusion that Luka and DSJ don't fit after this little of games?

No one is going to trade away a guy good enough to be Luka's 'robin.

I didn't say they had, or will. I said "if they feel he and luka don't exactly fit".  I didn't say they had come to that conclusion, and I damned sure never said I believed that.

As far as a Robin goes, maybe they will or won't.  WE don't know how other teams value DSJ or how the Mavs do.  They might get a pick and take a player who is.  We just don't know.

All in all,  my point is that this doesn't surprise me that they would listen to offers.  That doesn't mean they'll pull the trigger.

15 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I really want to be optimistic with DSJ, but I think he aspires to be John Wall.  And I don’t want John Wall.  But I would let the season play out before making a move unless someone made an offer you couldn’t refuse.

I think you can be a good team with a John Wall if he is not your focal point like they tried to do in Washington. 

• Like 1

Oh stop. You can't go to Luka every single instance like that. Him being a decoy is a great idea at times since teams will be keying on him. I don't mind the play at all. He just didn't get it off in time. He got into the paint with a wide open look. What more do you want? Luka can't take every single shot like that. Dirk never did.

• Like 1

holiday is a very very good defender but you can see that opposing are doing the Dirk defense against him. Popavich started it. the defensive player gets completely up on him, pushing his lower body into him,  gets to foul him and its up to him to get around.  there was a play late in that game where Holiday obviously fouled Luka out top, ball got stolen and they had a open fast break for an easy bucket.  

you can't guard the other stars in the league like that.  Luka isn't quite quick enough to get around the better defenders.  hopefully Cuban keeps his piehole shut and Carlisle starts getting on the refs.  you can't have your best player getting mugged like that consistently.