2018 - 2019 Dallas Mavericks: Throw Some D's

CBT

I don't know how real clutch stats are, but part of the reason I wanted Luka this time a year ago was that it seemed like every week he had a new highlight where he made a ridiculous crunch time play for Real Madrid.  And he looked like he expected to make every shot.

The fact that he's already getting those results against better competition... it's pretty shocking even for a Luka homer.

Just now, fellside said:

I don't know how real clutch stats are, but part of the reason I wanted Luka this time a year ago was that it seemed like every week he had a new highlight where he made a ridiculous crunch time play for Real Madrid.  And he looked like he expected to make every shot.

The fact that he's already getting those results against better competition... it's pretty shocking even for a Luka homer.

Just listening to LockedonMavs and I think* they said Luka is leading the NBA in clutch time 3pt shooting.  63%

*Dealing with kids may be a little off.

I’m gonna be a little critical here, but Luka and DJ need to spend some time in practice and figure out when Luka should throw the lob pass and when he shouldn’t throw it.  I would bet that those two have the lowest rate of alley oop conversions in the league this year.  I don’t know if Luka is trying it when he shouldn’t, or if DJ isn’t expecting the pass, but there is an abnormal amount of these passes that are unsuccessful,  and they are borderline turnovers.  And I am absolutely thrilled with what both guys bring to the team, they just need to figure it out.

I’m gonna be a little critical here, but Luka and DJ need to spend some time in practice and figure out when Luka should throw the lob pass and when he shouldn’t throw it.  I would bet that those two have the lowest rate of alley oop conversions in the league this year.  I don’t know if Luka is trying it when he shouldn’t, or if DJ isn’t expecting the pass, but there is an abnormal amount of these passes that are unsuccessful,  and they are borderline turnovers.  And I am absolutely thrilled with what both guys bring to the team, they just need to figure it out.

This isn't why they need more time together but they do need more time together. Can't wait to see how we fuck teams up after the all Star break

So fun to watch love Doncic. Dude is a perfect fit here to take over after Dirk.

What a lot of the league and non mavs fans don’t know is that Dirk has a legendary sense of humor, especially the self deprecating kind. Luka seems like he gives no fucks and just acts like a kid at times. Love it.