2018 - 2019 Dallas Mavericks: Throw Some D's

CBT

Some really good quotes in there:

Nick Van Exel, Mavericks guard, 2001-03: I just knew he was a rookie. I didn't know who he was. Didn't know anything about him. And I don't even think he had a good game, but just the things that he was doing on the court, I was impressed. And me and Antonio McDyess, even Chauncey Billups, we was like, damn, that dude's going to be good. This is what we're saying in the locker room. So I'll never forget, after the game, I'm walking out and I'm in front of him. I hear somebody coming behind me and I turned around and it was him, so I actually waited. I probably was about 20 feet in front of him and I waited for him. I said, "Man, you're going to be a good player, man. You just keep balling. You're going to figure this shit out, and you're going to be a good player. We just had that little brief moment, and then when I got traded to Dallas, that's the first thing he brought up to me. He was like, "You remember when you told me?" I said, 'Hell yeah, I remember that shit 'cause I knew you were gonna be special."

Nick Van Exel: Once he got along in his career, he started to see how good he was and how good he could become and he started to take his approach to another level. And one thing about him is he's so cool off the court, but on the court he got kind of a fire inside of him to where he was a little bit different. He was a little bit nastier. He was a little bit more I'm going to cut your head off.

Edited by CBT

47 minutes ago, CBT said:

Elton Brand, Mavericks center, 2012-13: I remember one game against Carlos Boozer, I know Boozer wants to go left. I'm screaming at Dirk, at Dirty, "Send him right, send him right!" Boozer goes left and scores. And then scores again. And I'm frustrated. I'm just like, "Goddamn, Dirty! Send him right!" And then Dirk hits two dagger 3s to win the game. I go back and apologize: "Look, you never have to play defense again, man."

• Like 2

i'm taking the family to tomorrow night's game in SA.  we got pre-game courtside passes so there's a chance we'll be able to get a couple players' autographs/pics.  we have shirts and i have dirk's cards, but nothing else really that can be signed by anyone else on the team.  i've scoured austin looking for a mavericks pennant or basketball but nothing.  been to independent trading card shops, dick's, academy, called shops at the mall, nada.  any ideas on where to go?  or what else (other than a basketball, i don't want to lug that around all night) i could get them to sign?

• Like 2

i'm taking the family to tomorrow night's game in SA.  we got pre-game courtside passes so there's a chance we'll be able to get a couple players' autographs/pics.  we have shirts and i have dirk's cards, but nothing else really that can be signed by anyone else on the team.  i've scoured austin looking for a mavericks pennant or basketball but nothing.  been to independent trading card shops, dick's, academy, called shops at the mall, nada.  any ideas on where to go?  or what else (other than a basketball, i don't want to lug that around all night) i could get them to sign?

Struggle of my life finding mavs gear in spurs country.
  • Like 1