MNF: Giants @ Falcons

TexasMan

30 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Love those Falcons uniforms. Never should have changed from those. 

Was going to post the same thing. Love those unis. I do think the Falcons have the best iteration of a modern updated uni. It’s just their classic is a tad better. Other NFL teams that should go back to their classic unis: Eagles, Pats and Chargers

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

I watched State Pen, and Barkley, more than most of you, and also read a lot about him during his college days in Crappy Valley because the Nitters have a lot of ball lickers in the Pittsburgh media, and I get it, he can be spectacular.

But for fuck's sake these announcers have to quit reacting to every touch he has as if it is the greatest rushing attempt, or fly sweep, or screen pass that has ever been seen.

He may very well become one of the all-time greats, nobody knows for sure if it will happen. Let's let it happen and then react, rather than the other way around.

9 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I watched State Pen, and Barkley, more than most of you, and also read a lot about him during his college days in Crappy Valley because the Nitters have a lot of ball lickers in the Pittsburgh media, and I get it, he can be spectacular.

But for fuck's sake these announcers have to quit reacting to every touch he has as if it is the greatest rushing attempt, or fly sweep, or screen pass that has ever been seen.

He may very well become one of the all-time greats, nobody knows for sure if it will happen. Let's let it happen and then react, rather than the other way around.

I agree. I want to hear what’s actually happening or just happened on the field. I want to hear insight into why something worked or didn’t work. Instead we start the pre game (college or pro) with some personal story and then continue all these storylines throughout the game. 

2 minutes ago, FizzleFish said:

I agree. I want to hear what’s actually happening or just happened on the field. I want to hear insight into why something worked or didn’t work. Instead we start the pre game (college or pro) with some personal story and then continue all these storylines throughout the game. 

Tonight Barkley has 11 runs for 22 yards before that last carry right there.