Bird Box - Sandra Bullock, Sarah Paulson, John Malkovich, Netflix, Sci-fi, Horror

atomheartbevo

I liked it. Not great, but entertaining for a Netflix original.

There were some plot holes, but almost every horror movie has massive plot holes. If your biggest gripe about the movie is the birds didn't serve a purpose, then feel free to name some other recent horror movies that lacked plot holes.

Also, Hollywood hasn't put out a lot of stellar movies the last couple years, so my standards for movies have unfortunately been lowered. I've forced myself to be content with movies that have good acting, decent suspense, and don't revolve around a comic book, Transformers, or Star Wars.

Spoiler

walking around blind would be an epic disaster and everyone would be cut up, bruised and beaten to hell.  no one had (or made) a stick like one of those red and white blind 'feeler' sticks (not sure what they are really called).  something to test the ground in front of you would seem to be priority number two after covering your eyes.  I get that navigating via fishing line is cleaner visually for the movie, but still, everyone in the movie would be under concussion protocol with in 2 minutes of stepping outside and trying to walk around with out a feeler stick.

Echolocation boy (had he lived) would have been king https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/blind-ben-underwood-update_us_570d729fe4b0ffa5937d6926 .  We needed to see a battle in the far future between the seeing but crazy vs the blind echolocation sane people.

I liked it OK.  about what I expected a Netflix movie would be.