Pittsburgh Trip

Spur08

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Was pleasantly surprised how beautiful of a city Pittsburgh is.  I was a bit meh on Primanti's, go if you want to say that you went, otherwise I'd skip it. I need to make another trip to PNC next summer.  

Yeah and pretty cool coming from the west out of the tunnel for the first time.

• Like 1

Church Brew Works is a pretty cool brewery. There is also a rum distillery close by - Maggie's Farm Rum Distillery.

I feel the same about Primanti's. Pretty good sandwich, but wouldn't eat there again. Worth checking out though.

Edited by mycox

Deluca’s Diner and Pamela’s are both great spots for breakfast. Near Primanti’s in the strip district.

Meat & Potatoes is downtown, and a solid place for dinner. Great bar too.

2013 WVU game we had such a good time we returned in 2015. That said in 2015 we also planned in a Steelers game on Sunday (got to see John Football right before he was out of the league get his ass kicked by Ben).

Ate at Meat and Potatoes that Sunday night. Great place. Solid bone marrow.

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

Was pleasantly surprised how beautiful of a city Pittsburgh is.  I was a bit meh on Primanti's, go if you want to say that you went, otherwise I'd skip it. I need to make another trip to PNC next summer.  

Yes, Primanti's was vastly overrated, imo.

I had brunch at The Commoner last summer. It was pretty good, and the bloody mary saved me from my brutal hangover.