Austin False Flag Voting Place Observation

RomaVicta

I know, the title is fascinating, but....

Anyway, I attempted to early vote at Randall's Mopac and Wm Cannon Thursday. There were a few campaigners in the lot. They're always nice no matter what they advocate.

As I approached the store slowly (a back problem had me using a cane and creeping along), a tall, slim androgynous person in baggy clothes asked how I was going to vote on Proposition K. I said that on local issues, I am a member of the Austin Chronicle Party and pretty much vote their recommendations. (Please don't hate me because I'm lazy about local politics.)

He/she (said without negative intent, BTW. I just couldn't tell from ten feet.) told me that the AC didn't back Prop K and briefly explained that it was an independent audit such as had been done in Seattle where he/she came from. It costs a million but saved the city millions. I told the person, dressed in something between grunge and antifa with a baggy military jacket, jeans and boots, that I'd look at the prop in the booth and think about it.

I had neither the time nor the stamina to stand in line for an hour, so I had to wait until Friday to vote. I told her (at close range she's a tall, thin woman) that I'd look up the prop. She hands me literature with a thank you and we part forever.

I looked up the Prop in the Chron. What I found interesting about their opposition was this part:

Although Prop K – nominally a call for greater city fiscal "efficiency" through an independent external audit – purports to be about public "transparency," the campaign of its supporters has been anything but transparent. They hid their initial funders (likely because they directly trace to right-wing, anti-city sources), and once they achieved the ballot, they made it clear (through their backers at the Texas Public Policy Foundation) that win or lose, they intend to carry their campaign against local control to next year's Legislature, hoping to impose on all cities even more tax-cutting austerity from above.

The whole analysis is at the link. 

What struck me was how un-rightist the androgyne looked and that she even mentioned Seattle which, as far as I know, is not a red city. The visual presentation could not have been more different than you would expect from supporters of this proposition.

I considered her suggestion also because the proposition stresses "independent."

I suspect that she was a poll place actor selected for Austin. Her quick pitch makes sense to anyone (like me) who doesn't bother to know much. I don't know if she was cast on the way she appears or was made to appear so after taking the job. Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Any other similar observations or stories out there? Opinions? Negs?

19 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I know, the title is fascinating, but....

Anyway, I attempted to early vote at Randall's Mopac and Wm Cannon Thursday. There were a few campaigners in the lot. They're always nice no matter what they advocate.

As I approached the store slowly (a back problem had me using a cane and creeping along), a tall, slim androgynous person in baggy clothes asked how I was going to vote on Proposition K. I said that on local issues, I am a member of the Austin Chronicle Party and pretty much vote their recommendations. (Please don't hate me because I'm lazy about local politics.)

He/she (said without negative intent, BTW. I just couldn't tell from ten feet.) told me that the AC didn't back Prop K and briefly explained that it was an independent audit such as had been done in Seattle where he/she came from. It costs a million but saved the city millions. I told the person, dressed in something between grunge and antifa with a baggy military jacket, jeans and boots, that I'd look at the prop in the booth and think about it.

I had neither the time nor the stamina to stand in line for an hour, so I had to wait until Friday to vote. I told her (at close range she's a tall, thin woman) that I'd look up the prop. She hands me literature with a thank you and we part forever.

I looked up the Prop in the Chron. What I found interesting about their opposition was this part:

The whole analysis is at the link. 

What struck me was how un-rightist the androgyne looked and that she even mentioned Seattle which, as far as I know, is not a red city. The visual presentation could not have been more different than you would expect from supporters of this proposition.

I considered her suggestion also because the proposition stresses "independent."

I suspect that she was a poll place actor selected for Austin. Her quick pitch makes sense to anyone (like me) who doesn't bother to know much. I don't know if she was cast on the way she appears or was made to appear so after taking the job. Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Any other similar observations or stories out there? Opinions? Negs?

The audit prop has both right wing and left wing backers.  Shocking, I know.   

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

The audit prop has both right wing and left wing backers.  Shocking, I know.   

Sounds like actually know about it. What's your opinion on the proposition?

In concept it sounds good: independent audit to find savings. 

The Chronicle sees a greater conspiracy to extend state control to city spending.

That's all I know. And that's just the surface, I know that to.

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Sounds like actually know about it. What's your opinion on the proposition?

In concept it sounds good: independent audit to find savings. 

The Chronicle sees a greater conspiracy to extend state control to city spending.

That's all I know. And that's just the surface, I know that to.

I support it.  The Chronicle is full of shit.