Apple sucks. Android is better!!!

Parliament

On 11/1/2018 at 11:21 AM, HoustonHorn said:

Don't get the new Samsung phones. They removed the ability to disable Bixby and have been making it more difficult for developers to disable/remap it.

That's disappointing.  My S8+ is less than two years old and already freezes up and crashes more than I'd like.  I was already thinking of going with something else when I eventually update.  That seals it.  Also, I've disabled Bixby twice before and somehow after a while it annoyingly turns itself back on.  

I've been a huge fan of any "Google pushed" phones like the Nexus line and have continued that love with the Pixel.  Have no interest in Samsungs based on what I've seen from my wife's phones.  Yeah, they have some fun bells and whistles but too much garbage I don't want.  Love the clean and simple approach of a Google phone.

Google store black friday deals

https://www.droid-life.com/2018/11/14/google-store-black-friday-2018-deals-kick-off-november-16-with-pixel-3-on-bogo-50-off/

• Black Friday (11/16 – 11/21): Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL will go up for a BOGO 50% off deal. That’s buy one, get one 50% off, for those new to the deal business.
  • Black Friday (11/22 – 11/25): If that’s not your deal of choice, Google will follow that up with a $150 price drop on Pixel 3 and $200 on Pixel 3 XL.
  • Cyber Monday: Buy a Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL and get a Google Home Hub ($149 value) and $50 to spend on Google Store

Pixel 3 lite coming?

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/11/16/pictures-pixel-3-lite-emerge-headphone-jack-budget-pixel-dreams/

We've heard rumors about a budget Pixel phone — codenamed 'Sargo' — for several months now. The name popped up in an ARCore release last week, signaling that the device could be nearing completion. Russian tech blog Rozetked has posted a hands-on with the unreleased device, calling it the 'Pixel 3 Lite'.

The phone visually looks very similar to the Pixel 3 and 3 XL, but with larger bezels and no screen notch. A headphone jack, which was famously dropped from the Pixel line last year, is present on the top of the device. The power button on this white model is a solid neon green color.

This story is developing...

• 2 weeks later...

Samsung Mobile's promotional Twitter account in Nigeria has been caught sending updates about the Korean firm's phones via an Apple iPhone.

YouTuber Marques Brownlee spotted the mistake and shared an image of a tweet sent out using the iPhone Twitter app.

A separate analysis suggested that more than 300 of its tweets had been sent via the same mobile app.

The @SamsungMobileNG account was shut down and deleted soon after news of the mistake started to spread.

The offending tweet was being used to promote the organic LED display of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

The gaffe was revealed by the tweet bearing the words "via Twitter for iPhone" in its bottom right-hand corner.

Twitter analyst Luca Hammer trawled through 3,200 tweets sent by the Nigeria account and found that more than 10% (331) bore the same revealing message.

The Samsung Nigeria account has now been reinstated, but the offending tweets have been removed from its historical feed.

This is not the first time Mr Brownlee has noticed one firm's products being promoted via those of its rivals.

ADVERTISEMENT

In September, Mr Brownlee noticed that Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma, who was paid by Google to promote its Pixel 2 phone, sent the tweets via an iPhone app.

Other celebrities using iPhones to promote Samsung's gadgets include actress Gal Gadot and Indian tennis star Sania Mirza.

The most infamous example of this practice took place in Russia when Samsung brand ambassador Ksenia Sobchak was photographed in public and on TV using an Apple iPhone X. Samsung sued her for $1.6m (£1.26m) claiming breach of contract.

47 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Samsung Mobile's promotional Twitter account in Nigeria has been caught sending updates about the Korean firm's phones via an Apple iPhone.

YouTuber Marques Brownlee spotted the mistake and shared an image of a tweet sent out using the iPhone Twitter app.

A separate analysis suggested that more than 300 of its tweets had been sent via the same mobile app.

The @SamsungMobileNG account was shut down and deleted soon after news of the mistake started to spread.

The offending tweet was being used to promote the organic LED display of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

The gaffe was revealed by the tweet bearing the words "via Twitter for iPhone" in its bottom right-hand corner.

Twitter analyst Luca Hammer trawled through 3,200 tweets sent by the Nigeria account and found that more than 10% (331) bore the same revealing message.

The Samsung Nigeria account has now been reinstated, but the offending tweets have been removed from its historical feed.

This is not the first time Mr Brownlee has noticed one firm's products being promoted via those of its rivals.

ADVERTISEMENT

In September, Mr Brownlee noticed that Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma, who was paid by Google to promote its Pixel 2 phone, sent the tweets via an iPhone app.

Other celebrities using iPhones to promote Samsung's gadgets include actress Gal Gadot and Indian tennis star Sania Mirza.

The most infamous example of this practice took place in Russia when Samsung brand ambassador Ksenia Sobchak was photographed in public and on TV using an Apple iPhone X. Samsung sued her for $1.6m (£1.26m) claiming breach of contract.

Obligatory

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAJnTj5Pu6DdNrK0DwDhb

• 5 years later...