2019 UFC/MMA thread

spystud13

18 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Yeah the eye looked like it was getting worse swelling by the second. I just didn't know if they called it a DQ on Ferguson for the late hit or if they called a stoppage. I guess the shot after the bell was to the other side of the face

The Ref did ask, I believe the Commissioner, to look at the late punch on video review. This signified that the fight was indeed over per the rules. The punch was with the right hand to the left side of the nose. If it had been to the Cerrone's right eye, he could have DQ'd Tony.

Someone needs to convince Tony that he doesn't need to feel bad. He destroyed in that 2nd round. And it was Cerrone's fault for blowing his broken nose air into his orbital cavity.

Edited by JohnnyRage
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’ve seen it before, but that’s the worst I’ve ever seen it. By far. I want to say I saw it in another Donald Cerrone fight, but it happened to his opponent. 

Yeah I love Cowboy and was rooting for him but Cucoy outclassed him and he quit. He should know better. Glad they didn't give no contest or DQ. Tony is autistic as fuck and deserves a shot at Khabib. Khabib will probably dodge him though.

1560054188154-sp.png
1560052787324-sp.png
1560052755196-sp.png
1560052565308-sp.png
1560052544977-sp.jpg

I won't lie: I thought Moraes was unstoppable and he'd walk right through Cejudo.  And he did, for 1.5 rounds.  But that's one of the best in-fight adjustments I've ever seen.  Cejudo has serious heart and he's a smart fighter.  Good stuff.

Is Disney Sports gonna show Shev killin that poor girl or just skip strait over it? Jesus it's the only flash KO of the main card come on. 

Oh fuck they showed it but just pictures lol. They showed the takedowns but only pics of the KO.  

1560054961643-sp.jpg
1560054892204-sp.jpg
1560054576151-sp.jpg
1560054567136-sp.png
1560054467630-sp.png

Edited by Zavala

9 hours ago, TexArcher said:

ESPN just showed footage of the first round of the Shevchenko fight then showed still shots of the KO.  Pussies.

Yeah. They can't turn off their target audience I guess. Still, it's good coverage on the big network.

On 6/9/2019 at 12:22 AM, Zavala said:

Is Disney Sports gonna show Shev killin that poor girl or just skip strait over it? Jesus it's the only flash KO of the main card come on. 

Oh fuck they showed it but just pictures lol. They showed the takedowns but only pics of the KO.  

Reveal hidden contents

1560054961643-sp.jpg
1560054892204-sp.jpg
1560054576151-sp.jpg
1560054567136-sp.png
1560054467630-sp.png

On 6/9/2019 at 12:32 AM, TexArcher said:

ESPN just showed footage of the first round of the Shevchenko fight then showed still shots of the KO.  Pussies.

They’re not allowed to show the ending to the fights right after the fights end. It’s not up to them 

On 6/8/2019 at 9:39 PM, Zavala said:

Yeah I love Cowboy and was rooting for him but Cucoy outclassed him and he quit. He should know better. Glad they didn't give no contest or DQ. Tony is autistic as fuck and deserves a shot at Khabib. Khabib will probably dodge him though.

I don’t know if there’s anyone in at 155 that can even come close to giving khabib a good fight other than Ferguson, but I really do feel like Ferguson will best him if that fight ever happens (and I definitely won’t hold my breath on that one). He’s so well rounded, and he might legitimately be the craziest person in the sport right now. I think he has that unwavering confidence and the tool set to beat him, and we know how this sport goes. Everyone has that one person that just kind of has your number, except Jon Jones.

• Like 1

I gotcha. I realize I’m just poor, but seriously, when was the last time anyone in this thread actually bought a fight? For me, it was Conor v Khabib, and Conor v Nate Diaz 2. Those were the only fights that my friends who aren’t really mma fans felt like pitching in and watching it at someone’s place. I don’t see how the ppv model is still legit in 2019. 

11 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I gotcha. I realize I’m just poor, but seriously, when was the last time anyone in this thread actually bought a fight? For me, it was Conor v Khabib, and Conor v Nate Diaz 2. Those were the only fights that my friends who aren’t really mma fans felt like pitching in and watching it at someone’s place. I don’t see how the ppv model is still legit in 2019. 

I've only ever had friends over or gone to friends and shared the cost. The other option is certain bars, some will charge you a little some will let you watch for free.

https://bars.ufc.com/

There was a time, maybe from 2007-2012 that I probably bought every PPV (maybe split with my brother or some guys I trained BJJ with). I can’t stand watching fights (and most sports) at bars. I don’t think I have bought a PPV mma fight in the last 5 years.

I used to get together with friends for literally every Pride and UFC from roughly 2000 to 2007 when Pride went under.  Grilling and poker all day and fights at night.  Those were some good times.

Pride was so great: 8 to 10 high-level fights with almost no bullshit in between.  Now you get 5 fights and maybe 2 of them would have made a PPV event back in the day.  It's so watered down that I won't even consider paying anymore.

• Like 1

When I was in college, one friend wanted me to start getting into mma so he had me watch the ultimate fighter with Dan Henderson and young Michael Bisping, which led into UFC 100. We bought UFC 100 and anyone that remembers that card knows it didn’t disappoint (at least the Dan Henderson fight didn’t). We bought a lot of cards up until about 2012 or 2013 but then when I moved back home, I mainly just streamed  the fights. I’ve tried to get some of my friends who wanted to get into the sport to watch certain fights that, in my mind, wouldn’t disappoint. But a lot of them turned out to be compete duds (ie Ngannu v Black beast) and it’s kinda turned them off forever. Now it’s turned into “let me know when Conor fights again. He never has boring fights.”

It’s one thing when you’re getting together with your friends for the right card, but I don’t see how even the biggest ufc fan could buy every other card. I usually find a pretty high quality stream, usually from someone in this thread. I would imagine 60% of fight fans are watching this way, if not more. Seems like there should be some type of package with ESPN+ (a reasonably priced package) where you pay a yearly subscription and just have all the cards for the year.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

I used to get together with friends for literally every Pride and UFC from roughly 2000 to 2007 when Pride went under.  Grilling and poker all day and fights at night.  Those were some good times.

Pride was so great: 8 to 10 high-level fights with almost no bullshit in between.  Now you get 5 fights and maybe 2 of them would have made a PPV event back in the day.  It's so watered down that I won't even consider paying anymore.

Yep. Bring back Pride. One championship is not there yet.

They didn't allow elbows but allowed kicks to the head of a downed opponent. Also, yellow card for stalling docks your pay 10% fuck yeah. Those little guys trying to hold the fighters in the ropes was great too, checking the cups during the face of with a little tap lol. Also all the grand Prix were great. Zuffa bought them out but they were some shady characters running that promotion lol.

• Like 1

Can't remember the last time I paid for a ppv. We used to go to the bar to watch big fights, mostly in boxing like Cotton v Margarito, but last one I went to the bar was Rousey v Nuñes. Since iptv came along I watch live on there and if I miss it I watch the replay on the Loki Kodi addon

5 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

I had no idea Chael Sonnen was still fighting or had fought.

CS: Dodge my head down, dodge my head down, dodge my head down.

Karate Guy: Flying knee

same thing happened with Pico lol...wrestling dude trynna shoot and got kneed