2019 UFC/MMA thread

spystud13

4 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Normally I would say Kelvin Gastelum is always the hype train stopper, but I just think Adesanya is different. I think he’s the next superstar in this sport 

No question.  His striking is a nightmare.

But I won't rule Gastelum out here.  He's got good power in his hands and if he can get it to the ground he can win rounds.

Good final two fights. I don't get this interim belt bullshit though. Khabib is the true lightweight champion, fought 6 months ago, can't fight now because he's suspended for tagging that bellator bitch post fight, and they're having some interim shit? Makes no sense, that belt is meaningless just like the belt for the fight before is meaningless because Whitaker is the real champion. 

Poirier is a good puncher but not excited to see him thrown to Khabib. He doesn't have the boom in the gloves that McGreggor has and Khabib will just grind him into the ground as badly or worse than he did Conor. 

• Fuck You 1

Poirier has earned it, but damn he doesn't seem like he has any special skills or strengths that will help him beat Khabib. He's also got shit cardio.

Damn Tony needs to get his shit together or nobody is going to be able to hand Khabib a loss before he retires.

Doesn't seem like anybody at the moment has what it takes to beat Khabib. 

Max was a possibility, but his punching has show to not have much power at '55.  (Who knows how it would've been different if he hadn't been busted up in the 1st)

Tony maybe but that guy's a fucking headcase right now and that surely can't help his in-cage performance.

Jon Jones throwing shade at Israel Adesanya’s performance. People will only see a 15lb weight class difference, but Jones could easily transition into heavy weight, and Israel doesn’t even cut weight at 185.

Yeah, no shit Jon. You would destroy him because he would not be able to escape once you got a hold of him. You would ground and pound elbow him to death. And you should be the people’s champ, but you aren’t. You kept fucking up and getting suspended and you are too got damn sensitive that you are not.

I wanted Dustin to win, and am tired of all the "blessed" shit, but man it is pretty tough to root against Max after seeing shit like this:

The "Good Fight" is Dustin's charity that he auctions off his used fight gear to raise money for.  Pretty cool of Max to do this.   I am most likely in the minority, but I enjoy fighting much more when it is between guys like this and not the mouth runners like Conor/Colby/Chael etc.  Is it funny?  Sure, but I want to watch for the fight not the WWE drama bullshit.  That's why I like guys like Stipe, Diego, Cowboy, etc.  Just go to work and earn your place with your fighting ability, not your mouth.  

• Like 1

That's nice, and most serious fight fans would agree, but if you want to make Conor money you have to bring in the casuals. The casuals want WWE soap opera drama. It sucks but just the way it is. 

Also, it isn't enough to just be a good fighter and a loud mouth. No one gives a shit about Covington and he's both of those. For Conor it was a combination of punching power, being clever with the mic, and being Irish with a funny accent Americans enjoy. Add in the one signature Aldo KO moment and that's how he became what he did. 

On 4/17/2019 at 9:55 AM, Scraps said:

So Angela Magana went to have a procedure done on her discs and now she is in a coma from the anesthesia. Crazy asss vid in the link of her talking about not waking up and dying prior to going in:

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/former-ufc-fighter-angela-magana-in-a-coma-after-surgery-complication/

She woke up