2019 Texas Softball - Connie's overboard, Anchors Aweigh!

TrashMaster G

3 games against Minnesota (Massey #14; low-20s in the rankings) - FUN

They are 11-6 on the year
Losses to: Ole Miss, Tennessee, FSU (by 11 runs), 2 to Bama and Zona.
Notable wins: JMU, Cal, ND

.275 BA with 21 HR - going to be a real challenge for Elish and Bollinger with a propensity for letting hitters leave the yard (4 HR allowed each)
2.03 team ERA - ace Fiser has a 1.31 ERA and already almost at 100K

Texas' ERA rocketed up to 1.48, mostly because Elish went from like sub .3 to 1.48 after ASU torched her on Sunday. 

Alright, I'm new around here but trying to catch up.  I see all of the Oregon players that are playing for us this year, and I saw something on the old thread about a rule change in transfers.  Can someone fill me in on how that happened?  

5 minutes ago, jinx said:

Alright, I'm new around here but trying to catch up.  I see all of the Oregon players that are playing for us this year, and I saw something on the old thread about a rule change in transfers.  Can someone fill me in on how that happened?  

Transfer portal. No restrictions for lower sports or sitting out. Unless you transfer within your conference 

Tip the cap to hitting coach Kerry Shaw.

So happy for Bekah Alcozer.    She struggled at the plate for 3 years but one could see the talent was there.   Currently hitting .410.

Shaw eliminated the slap hitting methods for Hayter (.294) and DeMargosian (.273) and made them real hitters.    Good averages for role players.

He took a very good hitter in Jefferson and made her better - she's leading the team with a .478 average.  She's getting a hit every other at bat!  Alcozer is 2nd at .410 and leads the team in slugging at .744.  It's been a hitting resurgence for her.  Hathaway, post-injury, is at .361 and leads the team with 9 doubles.

As a team, we have more walks than strikeouts, which I love to see.  As you said, tip of the cap to Kerry Shaw.  I wasn't sure about him, but I like it so far.  

We have 5 games this weekend, here's what I'd like to see on the pitching side:

Friday afternoon - Texas Southern - Adams
Friday night - Minnesota - Elish
Sat afternoon - Texas Southern - Bollinger
Sat afternoon - Minnesota - O'Leary
Sunday afternoon - Minnesota - Elish

I'm ready to put Shae up to a "name" opponent and see how she does.