2019 Texas Softball - Connie's overboard, Anchors Aweigh!

TrashMaster G

Baylor's coach said this is the best team Texas has put on the field in his 19 years at Baylor.

I sort of believe him.

The Cat teams could pitch, but they couldn't hit a beach ball off a tee.

The Luna teams  could hit and pitch, but damnit, they choked in the postseason so hard (4 top 8 seeds, losing 2 regionals and 1 super regional).  2013 being the exception.  I'd argue our rotation this year is stronger than 2013 (Elish/Shae/Bollinger vs. Luna/Bruins/Kern). 

9 hours ago, ruitxn said:

I really like Parker.  A great recruit.  Just a freshman in a critical position but I guarantee she will not be intimidated.

Agree !    I noticed her during the Fall - calm, cool,  collected.

Weekend Schedule:

Friday, March 29

6 p.m. CT                     #9/10 TEXAS at No. 21/16 Oklahoma State – FOX Sports Southwest+

Saturday, March 30

7:30 p.m. CT                #9/10 TEXAS at No. 21/16 Oklahoma State – ESPN2

Sunday, March 31

1 p.m. CT                     #9/10 TEXAS at No. 21/16 Oklahoma State – FOX Sports Southwest+

Video Provider Channel
DirecTV 676-2
Dish Network 448 (SD) 9518 (HD)
AT&T U-Verse 754 (SD) 1754 (HD)

Big road series! Taking 2 would be awesome, though I like sweeps.

Between Shae and Miranda, I think 2 outta 3 should be the expectation for OSU and Tech and 1 outta 3 for OU.  We should sweep KU and Baylor (and already swept ISU).

16-2 in conference (sweeps of everyone but OU and 1/3 from OU) = 100% top 8

15-3 in conference (1/3 from OU, 1 road sweep of OSU/Tech and 2-1 from the other + sweep everyone else) = very good chance of top 8

14-4 in conference (1/3 from OU, 2-1 versus OU and Tech) - 50/50 on that top 8 seed

Tough game for Parker.   She had commited only 1 error prior to today.

Impressed with OkSt defense.   We had only 1K,  put the ball in play,  but they made the plays. 

Toughest loss of year.    Challenge will be to rally together and not divide.   Cameras caught Rhodes yelling at Parker when she overthrew 2B.    She likely was telling her she should have held the ball because runner was there but not the time or place, imo.

OkSt likely will pitch Clakley tomorrow who was 1-1 against us last year in the 3 game series. 

That was painful to watch.  We couldn't touch that osu pitcher much of the night.  That coupled with shitty defense and hathaway's stupid baserunning was the difference (well, mostly - osu had some boneheaded baserunning as well).  

Edited by bschoolprof

12 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

That was painful to watch.  We couldn't touch that osu pitcher much of the night.  That coupled with shitty defense and hathaway's stupid baserunning was the difference (well, mostly - osu had some boneheaded baserunning as well).  

I love our aggressiveness on the base paths.

But some of these players still have Clark stupidity when it comes to base running. 

Great job by Ok St Coach Gajewski to use small ball to gain momentum in the 1st.    He may have wanted to test Burke and O'Leary.  Not sure of Burke's normal position,  but she played very little as a position player as a freshman at Oregon.   Checked the Oregon stats and she had like 5 chances,  probably used mostly as a designated player.  But Burke has been doing well (fldg .981) in a critical position of need.   O'Leary may not be the most adept in fielding bunts.  Probably will see more teams use that strategy.

OkSt has our hitters well scouted - 0 runs and 7 hits in 12 innings. 

Still amazed by OkSt defense.   Prior to this series they were fielding .960 which was 2d or 3rd worst in the conference.   We were .967 before today.

tl/dr;   tip the cap to Coach Gajewski for having his team very well prepared.

11 hours ago, torre said:

Great job by Ok St Coach Gajewski to use small ball to gain momentum in the 1st.    He may have wanted to test Burke and O'Leary.  Not sure of Burke's normal position,  but she played very little as a position player as a freshman at Oregon.   Checked the Oregon stats and she had like 5 chances,  probably used mostly as a designated player.  But Burke has been doing well (fldg .981) in a critical position of need.   O'Leary may not be the most adept in fielding bunts.  Probably will see more teams use that strategy.

OkSt has our hitters well scouted - 0 runs and 7 hits in 12 innings. 

Still amazed by OkSt defense.   Prior to this series they were fielding .960 which was 2d or 3rd worst in the conference.   We were .967 before today.

tl/dr;   tip the cap to Coach Gajewski for having his team very well prepared.

Watching the game yesterday, Texas defense looked slow and sloppy -- not a typical Mike White team.  Roster of this current Texas team doesn't appear strong enough offensively or defensively to move out of the first Rd of postseason play this season.  

Pitching staff is an improvement, but still don't have the great power pitcher that strikes out a lot of hitters like Cat Osterman.  Hopefully Shea will get stronger and keep improving.... she seems like a good #2 pitcher for a staff that could get to OKC in a year or two.  White needs to recruit at least one true #1 starting stud pitcher and turnover probably at least 3-4 positional spots to quicker, faster,  better players that defend and hit at a championship level.

Coach White has the team headed in the right direction, but you could tell he was astonished by how poorly they were playing last night.....

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

I’ll take it I guess. Pissed we couldn’t manage a run on Friday. Should have walked out with a series win. 

Now we need 2/3 from OU to make up for it. Or just sweep Tech. 

Edited by Js1

Everyone learned alot this weekend - should be beneficial.

Conference standings after 2 weeks:   (disregard the photo at bottom).   Need a team from the bottom 4 to upset OU/OKSt.

Standings

School Big 12   Overall Pct.
Oklahoma 3 - 0   30 - 2 .938
Texas 5 - 2   31 - 8 .795
Oklahoma State 4 - 2   26 - 10 .722
Kansas 1 - 1   12 - 21 .364
Texas Tech 2 - 4   29 - 6 .829
Baylor 2 - 4   15 - 16 .484
Iowa State 1 - 5   18 - 15 .545
As of March 31, 02:56 PM CT

Load More