I don't like it

pepper brooks

This tranny ban from the military.  I don't like it.  I am not one who is generally in favor of the military being a social experiment, and forcing issues on them.  That said, if someone wants to serve let them do it.  Find a place that suits them, and they can serve their country.  If you think combat roles are not suitable, fine.  Find someplace where their gender status doesn't impact the rest of the unit, and let them serve.  This of course, if contingent on them being able to pass any and all physical requirements just as everyone else.  Do not lower standards, but if they can be met then let these patriotic citizens serve their country.  

• Like 5

9 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I figured pepper was coming back to tell us again how important balanced budgets are and our current policies are going to ruin us all with a quickness.  But I forgot Republicans are in charge and he only thinks we're going to crash and burn from overspending when Republicans are out of power.  

WTF?  My position on budgets and spending remains unchanged, and my position of being repulsed by politicians in congress remains unchanged.  My position of failed morons like Paul Ryan, now Pelosi and Mitch McConnell running anything with regard to finance, budgeting and spending the people's money remains unchanged.  My feeling that Trump has failed to control the budget process to lead us into some form of fiscal responsibility just as Obama failed, and Bush failed before him remains unchanged.  Seems you also forgot I do have principles that may or may not align with a party, but my position on government finance remains unchanged no matter which party is in charge.  I am quite certain my position on transgenders being allowed to serve their country is not in alignment with Republicans.

2 hours ago, pepper brooks said:

WTF?  My position on budgets and spending remains unchanged, and my position of being repulsed by politicians in congress remains unchanged.  My position of failed morons like Paul Ryan, now Pelosi and Mitch McConnell running anything with regard to finance, budgeting and spending the people's money remains unchanged.  My feeling that Trump has failed to control the budget process to lead us into some form of fiscal responsibility just as Obama failed, and Bush failed before him remains unchanged.  

Sounds like you were banking on a person who has had more bankruptcies he has been part of than (known) children he has.....would have some kind of control over budgeting.

30 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Sounds like you were banking on a person who has had more bankruptcies he has been part of than (known) children he has.....would have some kind of control over budgeting.

where did I saw I was banking on trump doing that?  I feel he has failed to control the process, but that does not mean I really expected him to do it.  I would have welcomed it, but expecting financial sanity is a losers proposition from either side at this point.  None of that has anything to do with the point of this thread which was discrimination against people who voluntarily want to serve their country.  

1 minute ago, pepper brooks said:

where did I saw I was banking on trump doing that?  I feel he has failed to control the process, but that does not mean I really expected him to do it.  I would have welcomed it, but expecting financial sanity is a losers proposition from either side at this point.  None of that has anything to do with the point of this thread which was discrimination against people who voluntarily want to serve their country.  

You never did say that, but you did say this:

My feeling that Trump has failed 

Usually, when one uses the word "failed" there is an implication that one believed that someone or something was going to work or perform or meet an expectation that they had.

If you never really expected him to do that (controlling the budget), then why did you state he was a failure in doing so?

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

You never did say that, but you did say this:

My feeling that Trump has failed 

Usually, when one uses the word "failed" there is an implication that one believed that someone or something was going to work or perform or meet an expectation that they had.

If you never really expected him to do that (controlling the budget), then why did you state he was a failure in doing so?

like I said, I had hoped for it, but certainly didn't expect it.  Fiscal sanity doesn't buy votes.  One side has no intent to ever do anything about it.  The other at least pretends to care, but will never actually do anything about it due to fear of losing power.  

8 hours ago, pepper brooks said:

WTF?  My position on budgets and spending remains unchanged, and my position of being repulsed by politicians in congress remains unchanged.  My position of failed morons like Paul Ryan, now Pelosi and Mitch McConnell running anything with regard to finance, budgeting and spending the people's money remains unchanged.  My feeling that Trump has failed to control the budget process to lead us into some form of fiscal responsibility just as Obama failed, and Bush failed before him remains unchanged.  Seems you also forgot I do have principles that may or may not align with a party, but my position on government finance remains unchanged no matter which party is in charge.  I am quite certain my position on transgenders being allowed to serve their country is not in alignment with Republicans. 

you made an obama is the devil because of fiscal stimulus post on an hourly basis during his reign as presidency.  just like emoryoid, you disappeared on the issue around early 2017.

Edited by sidis
  • Like 3

On 1/23/2019 at 8:59 AM, pepper brooks said:

Yet you never quit telling us about your position when Obama was the president.  I have yet to see you make a single post about it since Trump took over.  You have lost your ability to bitch about this the next time a Dem is president.  Just giving you a heads up.  You have proven you aren't serious about the budget, you just think its a useful tool to use to deride the team you don't like.  That's cool and all, but its not the mark of a serious person.  So, good luck when you try to start that talk again 2 years from now.

2 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Yet you never quit telling us about your position when Obama was the president.  I have yet to see you make a single post about it since Trump took over.  You have lost your ability to bitch about this the next time a Dem is president.  Just giving you a heads up.  You have proven you aren't serious about the budget, you just think its a useful tool to use to deride the team you don't like.  That's cool and all, but its not the mark of a serious person.  So, good luck when you try to start that talk again 2 years from now.

ok. cool.   Internetz, serious business. 

Edited by pepper brooks

3 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

To be fair to pepper you're describing every Republican, sorry, Gary Johnson voter.

31 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

To be fair to pepper you're describing every Republican, sorry, Gary Johnson voter.

I'm especially describing Pepper, and if Emery ever shows up here, I'm describing him too.  Those fuckers wouldn't shut up about fiscal responsibility.  They tried to turn every post into a post about a lack of fiscal responsibility.  They both need to own that as their pet issue now that they've decided its a good time not to bring up that their team isn't fiscally responsible.  And they both need to realize that that their silence now kills their credibility when they inevitably want to start talking about it again when their team is no longer in charge.  I'm not going to sit quietly for that bullshit. And I hope the rest of you fuckers won't either. Fuck Pepper and fuck Emery for being fake libertarian, fake fiscally responsible "secret" Republican pom pom wavers.  But also thanks for proving that I was right to call you both out on that back on the Shag.  

• Like 3

I swear to god I am not trying to be a sniping bitch, but can we please stop the usage of the word "transgenders?" Transgender is an adjective, not a noun. It's dehumanizing via language. If "transgender people" is too long to type out, I promise "trans people" will get exactly the same meaning across. 

15 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I'm especially describing Pepper, and if Emery ever shows up here, I'm describing him too.  Those fuckers wouldn't shut up about fiscal responsibility.  They tried to turn every post into a post about a lack of fiscal responsibility.  They both need to own that as their pet issue now that they've decided its a good time not to bring up that their team isn't fiscally responsible.  And they both need to realize that that their silence now kills their credibility when they inevitably want to start talking about it again when their team is no longer in charge.  I'm not going to sit quietly for that bullshit. And I hope the rest of you fuckers won't either. Fuck Pepper and fuck Emery for being fake libertarian, fake fiscally responsible "secret" Republican pom pom wavers.  But also thanks for proving that I was right to call you both out on that back on the Shag.  

you aren't right about anything.  I spend virtually no time in this arena, and haven't been that active on the political boards since about 2014 when I was bitching about paul ryan and shitty ass mitch mcconnell failing to conduct any fiscally responsible acts.  Not that they would have ever gotten any signed by Obama, but it just really isn't worth wasting time or energy on.  My position hasn't changed, my bitching about terrible politicians who fail the American people has declined, but that has nothing to do with who is "in power".  It is a waste of time and energy.  One side pretends to care, but doesn't act.  The other side has no pretense that they care.  wash, rinse, repeat.  if you think I didn't have the same disdain for Ryan as I did Boehner, and Pelosi before and after those two nitwits, I can't really help you, but I am glad you think you "won".