Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

I have we entertained the idea of Jake Smith being a little bit of a Christian McCaffrey for us(not full on RB)? He’s a do it all type player and with both of our best receivers coming back, it wouldn’t hurt I don’t think. We all see him in on the special teams week one but I wouldn’t mind seeing him in special packages. 

• Like 1

Just now, DoneWithit said:

I have we entertained the idea of Jake Smith being a little bit of a Christian McCaffrey for us(not full on RB)? He’s a do it all type player and with both of our best receivers coming back, it wouldn’t hurt I don’t think. We all see him in on the special teams week one but I wouldn’t mind seeing him in special packages. 

Yes.

6 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Sort of a poor man's Brett Robin, eh?

6 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

So Coker is that 4 star OL commit that TFB was referencing?

49 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Coker is visiting this weekend according to the TCU 247 site. Secret visitor revealed. 

https://247sports.com/player/andrew-coker-91203/

Andrew Coker.   OT  6-6.5   310 lbs.  HS  Taylor    Katy, Tx

Class  2019       247 Composite:  3 Star

23 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Think Whittington might handle some returns too..... 🤘

So ready to get the rest of 2019 Commits signed after hearing Washington may flip....

22 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Marcus Washington gone. Wiltfong with the flip pick to Missouri.

Any idea why Wiltfong seems to more accurate on his CBs than a lot of other Recruiting Folks?? 

Fong also seems to break the news on flips earlier than others....

Sure hope Texas can hang on to Washington's commitment unless this kid won't ever be happy as a Longhorn.....

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

I don’t get the wiltfong flip pick. Doesn’t seem like he has any kind of “in” more than any other 9.95er. Would think there would be more click bait bullshit before this 

Wiltfong has been right on every prospect we've recruited so far this cycle.

I would love for this to be the 1/10 times he's wrong, but there's already smoke around Washington.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Since you’re here can you explain this wiltfong flip pick for Washington to mizzou

Yeah. He and his family like Texas, but also are realizing Texas is not in Missouri as the reality of him leaving settled in. It ain't over though, but maybe Super K has a point...?

Edited by OnAComputer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OnAComputer said:

Yeah. He and his family like Texas, but also are realizing Texas is not in Missouri as the reality of him leaving settled in.

Boy that’s dissapointing. Went from Lewis being a luxury to him being a necessity now. Guess that’s the risk you run when you go out of state. Can’t bode well for Mookie either

Edited by RGBIII

2 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

Yeah. He and his family like Texas, but also are realizing Texas is not in Missouri as the reality of him leaving settled in. It ain't over though, but maybe Super K has a point...?

Guess Kelly Bryant going to Mizzu might be kinda screwing HORNS right now....

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Well, that sounds less definitive than some of Wiltfong's forecasts, but he usually doesn't change his picks unless he has good reason.

Would be nice if Carrington could have gone on the road.

He put in a flip pick for Adeoye last year.  Lets hope he's wrong again.

• Like 7