Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

33 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

I have to be honest with everyone. I forgot about cookie cakes. The kids these days just don't tweet about them anymore.

Do we have any pics of the recruits getting wined and dined at VY steakhouse or no?

I have to be honest. I went there to Austin for a bachelor party a couple years ago but we did not go to VY steakhouse we did get good tacos and BBQ and other things.

Which titter?

Edited by Machinator

32 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Abe?

My name is not Abe I was just being honest with you all. I'm not a $9.95er jk they have a hard job "toe-ing" the line between giving information and protecting confidentiality as I write this message without punctuation I feel like Daddy98 I have to be honest

11 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

My name is not Abe I was just being honest with you all. I'm not a $9.95er jk they have a hard job "toe-ing" the line between giving information and protecting confidentiality as I write this message without punctuation I feel like Daddy98 I have to be honest

I can appreciate that. Sounds like a good policy.

Edited by Wishbone

Speculation from a mouse who overheard the cat saying that a little birdie was gossiping about...

There's a rumor that Texas was trying to talk Sanders into cancelling his OV with Florida. Personally, I give it about as much credence as either a LotusHorn post, or a gopher fart in a tornado, but play with the idea if you'd like to.

Super K update

***I know you’ve heard me mention the phrase “position of need” in reference to potential commits.

Just to be clear, in my estimation greatest positions of need are: running back, wide receiver and linebacker.

***Also, 2019 running back, Deondrick Glass (Katy, TX) is a reemerging name to watch. This will likely be contingent on what happens with Noah Cain and Trey Sanders.

My current feeling on Sanders remains Alabama. On Cain, again, I’ll need to write up my thoughts on him and let you all decide.

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Super K update

Hide contents

***I know you’ve heard me mention the phrase “position of need” in reference to potential commits.

Just to be clear, in my estimation greatest positions of need are: running back, wide receiver and linebacker.

***Also, 2019 running back, Deondrick Glass (Katy, TX) is a reemerging name to watch. This will likely be contingent on what happens with Noah Cain and Trey Sanders.

My current feeling on Sanders remains Alabama. On Cain, again, I’ll need to write up my thoughts on him and let you all decide.

That really clears things up. 

Just watched Kennedy Lewis’ senior film. I still feel the same way about this guy. Big frame? Check. Track speed? Check. Great body control? Check. 

He looks like LJH going up for jump balls in the end zone. I thought this guy looked as good as any WR in the state and I still feel this way. 

This is the guy who normally goes to TCU and tortures us for 3-4 years. This one is obvious to me. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Just watched Kennedy Lewis’ senior film. I still feel the same way about this guy. Big frame? Check. Track speed? Check. Great body control? Check. 

He looks like LJH going up for jump balls in the end zone. I thought this guy looked as good as any WR in the state and I still feel this way. 

This is the guy who normally goes to TCU and tortures us for 3-4 years. This one is obvious to me. 

Agreed, honestly have no idea what’s missing

17 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Super K update

Reveal hidden contents

Did I miss us landing a center? Or more generally, an interior lineman.

Edited by satyanash

8 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I like him too. Out of curiousity though, what's the track speed? I see 10.8s, but is there another number out there I'm missing?

17 minutes ago, Fud said:

I like him too. Out of curiousity though, what's the track speed? I see 10.8s, but is there another number out there I'm missing?

Well, the reported times from his TCU camp. Not like an official number obviously. 

I guess the only piece I did not research is his level of competition. Anyone have any insight? 

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Well, the reported times from his TCU camp. Not like an official number obviously. 

I guess the only piece I did not research is his level of competition. Anyone have any insight? 

Seems poor in the hudl, but poor completion also usually means he doesn't get the best training 

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

The area he’s in isn’t bad. They were in a good district with celina, argyle, Anna, Paris, and I think north Lamar. North Texas small schools are good with talent low star guys and also Melissa has a great head coach as well. But I think this kid would be good anywhere and the film supports that with his speed and route running.