Video: The 1983 Texas Longhorns

Hornius Emeritus

One of the best pictures from 1983 - Doug Dawson posing with Bevo before the spring game

Zeon-Downloader-511331028-lanczos3.jpg

Another picture of Rick McIvor during the Auburn game

Zeon-Downloader-108834516-lanczos3.jpg

John Walker in action during the same game

Zeon-Downloader-99316789-lanczos3.jpg

And of course, the infamous muffed punt...

Zeon-Downloader-84139730-lanczos3.jpg

Edited by satyanash

That fucking Cotton Bowl.  Muffed punt, no words.

But I was really pissed about the GA TD run - I think it was 4th down - the TX outside linebacker responsible for contain was ankle tackled by an interior GA lineman.  I know because I had a Beta Max tape of the game replayed it over and over. I SEEN'T IT.

At the time it was kind of like, damn that sucks, but time to move on.  Nebraska was unstoppable, number 1, no chance to jump them playing some weird team from Miami?

Yeah, then the Orange Bowl happened.

At the time my UTEP brother told me TX didn't deserve to be National Champs anyway, since TX was #2 and played like #2 in the game. I told him to fuck off.

22 hours ago, Mach 1 said:

That fucking Cotton Bowl.  Muffed punt, no words.

But I was really pissed about the GA TD run - I think it was 4th down - the TX outside linebacker responsible for contain was ankle tackled by an interior GA lineman.  I know because I had a Beta Max tape of the game replayed it over and over. I SEEN'T IT.

At the time it was kind of like, damn that sucks, but time to move on.  Nebraska was unstoppable, number 1, no chance to jump them playing some weird team from Miami?

Yeah, then the Orange Bowl happened.

At the time my UTEP brother told me TX didn't deserve to be National Champs anyway, since TX was #2 and played like #2 in the game. I told him to fuck off.

It was obvious at the time he got tackled.  I was screaming at the TV.

We had a discussion on the Shag about that particular year.  I think Nebraska would have won if Texas won.  And Miami's run may never have happened.  Instead, Nebraska was sleep-walking until the 4th quarter.