Flat Earthers spend $20K on device that proves Earth is round

Carl Spackler

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

100 is the defined mean IQ, not the defined mode IQ.

Sorry George.

I actually thought 100 was, by definition, set as the median score.  I'm gonna go ahead and guess that even if it's the average, almost exactly 50% of the population falls below 100.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I actually thought 100 was, by definition, set as the median score.  I'm gonna go ahead and guess that even if it's the average, almost exactly 50% of the population falls below 100.

9 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

100 is the defined mean IQ, not the defined mode IQ.

Sorry George.

This is what I get for posting late at night. I meant my original post to say "I00 is the defined mean IQ, not the defined median IQ."

However, you are correct, and I am wrong: 100 is defined as the median IQ score.

I am idoit.  I owe you one.

I watched last night.  I don't buy the people featured in the doc believing in flat earth.  The main dude was obsessed with all the attention he was getting from it.  I think that's what's driving a lot of them.  There are plenty of simple experiments they could setup to prove the earth was flat, but they obviously can't.  Just like the one featured at the very end.  That's why I don't think many of them really believe it.  Flat earther is more or less just a name they use to say they are conspiracy nuts.

21 hours ago, XYZ said:

There are a couple of things that are not clear to me:

-If the earth is a disk that’s constantly accelerating at 9.8 m/s^2 (and has been for who knows how long), wouldn’t the disk by now be going at ludicrous speed?

-If the earth is a disk, wouldn’t you if you travel enough in any direction reach the edge?

Logic and reason are all part of the round earth conspiracy.  So are mathematics and astronomy.  Pretty much all smart people are in on it.  The only way to not be fooled is to avoid all books.