Elizabeth Warren 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, hornhorn said:

Or have a time machine to fix all those problems. So I guess we'll add that to the Progressive Dems wish list: 52 trillion dollars all from someone else and not me, infinity and time machine. 

Got it.

It's funny how Republicans somehow equate "billionaires shouldn't exist" to "OMG LIBERALS ARE IN MY WALLET AGAIN!!!".

The persecution complex is strong. Unless you are a billionaire, nobody is talking about you right now. I know the MO of Republicans these days is to run around and look for things to be offended by, but this particular conversation isn't about you, snowflake. #triggered

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Nigeria was literally in debt from trying to fight polio. Our global monetary system is so exploitative and unequal that Nigeria had to borrow money to fight polio. Without the exploitative billionaire class, many problems that need solving wouldn't have existed in the first place. It's like the person who shot you removing the bullet and patching you up.

Nigeria is a case study in corruption, not polio. Gates paid off their $76mil of polio debt.  It's the estimated $300bil their own people have stolen through corruption that is the overriding issue in that county.

Edited by MAROON
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, MAROON said:

Nigeria is a case study in corruption, not polio. Gates paid off their $76mil of polio debt.  It's the estimated $300bil their own people have stolen through corruption that is the overriding issue in that county.

Yes... and... what?

The President of the United States steers international leaders to his personal properties for his own enrichment and is currently being investigated for quid pro quo dealings with Ukraine to help his election campaign. And that's just the corruption that is technically illegal in America, a global superpower who has shielded itself from anti-corruption by having the power to legalize all of its misdeeds.

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

It's funny how Republicans somehow equate "billionaires shouldn't exist" to "OMG LIBERALS ARE IN MY WALLET AGAIN!!!".

The persecution complex is strong. Unless you are a billionaire, nobody is talking about you right now. I know the MO of Republicans these days is to run around and look for things to be offended by, but this particular conversation isn't about you, snowflake. #triggered

Its funny how if someone disagrees with you, you think they're a Republican. He disagrees with my stupid stance so "OMG HE MUST BE A REPUBLICAN". No way my stance is thoughtless, incoherent, bereft of Math or morals.

I might be further left than most of you "progressives" who's "charity" tends to start with someone else's money and end only within imaginary lines called borders.

2 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

Its funny how if someone disagrees with you, you think they're a Republican. He disagrees with my stupid stance so "OMG HE MUST BE A REPUBLICAN". No way my stance is thoughtless, incoherent, bereft of Math or morals.

I might be further left than most of you "progressives" who's "charity" tends to start with someone else's money and end only within imaginary lines called borders.

Oh, you're definitely a Republican, even if you don't call yourself that.

But please, pull the white guy Republican schtick of telling us about all of the money you donate to charity and how that's more impactful than being a libtard.

Edited by BradInATX

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

Oh, you're definitely a Republican, even if you don't call yourself that.

Meh, I agree with some of their points, tend to agree with a lot of Democrats on a lot of issues. I'm just not a full blown, paying cult member like you brainwashed masses.

Praise Warren! Glory glory to Sanders in the highest.

*watches a revolving door connecting multinational energy, defense, pharmaceutical, and financial concerns to a Congress that passes legislation literally written by those same concerns as the nation enters 3rd world levels of wealth inequality*

"Boy, those other countries sure are corrupt!"

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

Meh, I agree with some of their points, tend to agree with a lot of Democrats on a lot of issues. I'm just not a full blown, paying cult member like you brainwashed masses.

Praise Warren! Glory glory to Sanders in the highest.

You might want to check my post history on this board.

But look how triggered you are. You're fun. Stick around.

10 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

*watches a revolving door connecting multinational energy, defense, pharmaceutical, and financial concerns to a Congress that passes legislation literally written by those same concerns as the nation enters 3rd world levels of wealth inequality*

"Boy, those other countries sure are corrupt!"

Citation needed. 

Boy, we can make the US look a lot worse than it is when we just flat out lie. According to the OECD, the wealth inequality in the US is at 0.39, UK is at 0.36, New Zealand is at 0.35. 

For a third world comparison, South Africa is at 0.62.

Source: https://data.oecd.org/inequality/income-inequality.htm

But continue with your lies.....just like Warren and Trump.

Just now, BradInATX said:

You might want to check my post history on this board.

But look how triggered you are. You're fun. Stick around.

Your views on billionaires alone spells out the sort of thoughts bouncing around in that head of yours. 

LOL, not interested.

6 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

Boy, we can make the US look a lot worse than it is when we just flat out lie. According to the OECD, the wealth inequality in the US is at 0.39, UK is at 0.36, New Zealand is at 0.35. 

For a third world comparison, South Africa is at 0.62.

Source: https://data.oecd.org/inequality/income-inequality.htm

But continue with your lies.....just like Warren and Trump.

You just sourced income inequality numbers and called them "wealth inequality" because you're much smarter than me and you definitely know what you're talking about.

Wealth inequality in the US is insanely high, and it is also insanely high in other exploitative capitalist/oligarch states.

For the first time in this report series, Allianz calculated each country’s wealth Gini coefficient—a measure of inequality in which 0 is perfect equality and 100 would mean perfect inequality, or one person owning all the wealth. It found that the U.S. had the most wealth inequality, with a score of 80.56, showing the most concentration of overall wealth in the hands of the proportionately fewest people.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

You just sourced income inequality numbers and called them "wealth inequality" because you're much smarter than me and you definitely know what you're talking about.

Wealth inequality in the US is insanely high, and it is also insanely high in other exploitative capitalist/oligarch states.

For the first time in this report series, Allianz calculated each country’s wealth Gini coefficient—a measure of inequality in which 0 is perfect equality and 100 would mean perfect inequality, or one person owning all the wealth. It found that the U.S. had the most wealth inequality, with a score of 80.56, showing the most concentration of overall wealth in the hands of the proportionately fewest people.

But that's what happens when people are stupid enough to buy Air Jordans and sweaters on payment plans: https://www.wsj.com/articles/eyeing-that-sweater-its-yours-in-four-easy-payments-11569672000

Inability to curb instant gratification is America's problem. Not wealth or income.

49 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

But that's what happens when people are stupid enough to buy Air Jordans and sweaters on payment plans

Cheeto-eating welfare queens! - 2019 Version

The reality of America is astonishing levels of wealth inequality. It's papered over because the high point is so high that we can have alarming stratification where the low-end of the spectrum can actually have a ghettro Galaxy a10e, hot chips, insane amounts of debt, and a Greek choir of lecturing elites bemoaning their every luxury spend trying to find comfort, meaning, dignity, or hope in a hopeless economic landscape.

Bill Gates could buy every single NFL team at today's valuations while you think buying a $150 pair of Jordans is a signal of unreasonable luxury.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Yes... and... what?

The President of the United States steers international leaders to his personal properties for his own enrichment and is currently being investigated for quid pro quo dealings with Ukraine to help his election campaign. And that's just the corruption that is technically illegal in America, a global superpower who has shielded itself from anti-corruption by having the power to legalize all of its misdeeds.

This is funny. Most Ivory Coast folks wouldn’t even consider that corruption, just normal.  I often wonder when folks shit on the US, if they’ve actually ever been to place like Warri or Lagos.  Trump could be president for the next 3 generations and the US wouldn’t be in that condition.  We have our faults for sure, but fucking lol at speaking the two in the same sentence. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Cheeto-eating welfare queens! - 2019 Version

The reality of America is astonishing levels of wealth inequality. It's papered over because the high point is so high that we can have alarming stratification where the low-end of the spectrum can actually have a ghettro Galaxy a10e, hot chips, insane amounts of debt, and a Greek choir of lecturing elites bemoaning their every luxury spend trying to find comfort, meaning, dignity, or hope in a hopeless economic landscape.

Bill Gates could buy every single NFL team at today's valuations while you think buying a $150 pair of Jordans is a signal of unreasonable luxury.

Its unreasonable when you have to be on a payment plan to buy shoes especially when you have other cheaper, just as quality options available. The first person you should look to for a sacrifice when you have no wealth is yourself, not Bill Gates. 

Bill Gates shouldn't have to part with his 56th yacht so that you can have a little more, you should part with your Air Jordans, meth, beer, cigarettes, rims, etc. before we vote take his 56th extremely luxurious yacht away. 

Just now, fattyflattie said:

This is funny. Most Ivory Coast folks wouldn’t even consider that corruption, just normal.  I often wonder when folks shit on the US, if they’ve actually ever been to place like Warri or Lagos.  Trump could be president for the next 3 generations and the US wouldn’t be in that condition.  We have our faults for sure, but fucking lol at speaking the two in the same sentence. 

This is an exaggeration, but I buy what you're selling overall.

What you need to do now is ask yourself why that is the case and look at the historical background and how each of these nations got where it is. That's where the understanding lives.

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I'll answer it for you, he hasn't. He has no clue of how bad corruption can be in other countries. Forget Lagos, in Brazil and India if you wanted to file for a permit to extend your back patio you have to bribe everyone from the peon sitting outside the govt office all the way up to the guy approving those plans. Same goes for the police or any other govt structure.

1 minute ago, hornhorn said:

Its unreasonable when you have to be on a payment plan to buy shoes especially when you have other cheaper, just as quality options available.

OK... and... what?

Bill Gates shouldn't have to part with his 56th yacht so that you can have a little more, you should part with your Air Jordans, meth, beer, cigarettes, rims, etc. before we vote take his 56th extremely luxurious yacht away. 

Who is saying we need to tax Bill Gates to buy Jordans, meth, beer, cigarettes, and rims?

You are a complete and total imbecile.

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Microsoft has likely done more for civilization than all but what, 10 living Americans.  And he gives a fuckload of his money away to actual poor people, not American poor.   He just doesn’t want to give it to the govt.  I don’t understand how you can blame him.  His current tax dollars are funding Trumps golf trips. 

OK... and... what?

Who is saying we need to tax Bill Gates to buy Jordans, meth, beer, cigarettes, and rims?

You are a complete and total imbecile.

No dumbass, what I'm saying is before we ask Gates to part with $6 billion we should ask the lolpoors to part with beer, cigarettes and other shitty things they consume.

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Microsoft has likely done more for civilization than all but what, 10 living Americans.  

Microsoft makes business productivity software/hardware and video games. What the hell are you talking about?

And he gives a fuckload of his money away to actual poor people, not American poor.   He just doesn’t want to give it to the govt.  I don’t understand how you can blame him.

Because the government would do a much better job than him of using that money for the public and global good.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Microsoft makes business productivity software/hardware and video games. What the hell are you talking about?

Talk about not being able to see the forest for the trees. Imbecile move BT. Not surprised.

Because the government would do a much better job than him of using that money for the public and global good.

LOL wut?

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

This is an exaggeration, but I buy what you're selling overall.

It’s really not.  People rot in the streets there if someone doesn’t claim the body. That doesn’t happen here, never will.

I know you are O&G, if you haven’t been there you know people who have. It is some of the saddest shit on earth, and you can blame whomever you want, but their govt corruption has taken what should be one of the wealthiest places on earth and made it quite literally, the worst. 

23 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I suppose that you judge the actions and character of poor people based on their bank accounts as well.

Ummm.....we already do.  Perhaps you haven't ever actually listened to the GOP or their supporters in recent decades?

Poor people are poor because they are lazy, stupid, drink grape soda, have phones, had a kid, etc. etc. etc.  Our governing party absolutely 100% judges the actions and characters of poor people based on their bank accounts.  That rule has been set and consistently applied.

Rich people are rich because they are brilliant and awesome and good.

Poor people are poor because they are stupid and lazy and bad.

That's America in a nutshell, to hear the governing class tell it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Joking or no? 

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Also, joking or no?

3 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

The question is whether "but Air Jordans" is anything but one of the most stupid fucking responses to the question of inequality in America.

Rims. Jordans.

It's not hard to see what the ultimate source of hornhorn's anger is.

3 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

LOL wut?

giphy.gif

The government (US and otherwise) would make far better use of Bill Gates's billions to help the local and global poor than he and his foundation do. Far better.

I know you guys love to just consume and parrot the propaganda pieces about the Gates Foundation and clap at the TED Talks. I get it.

But the reality is very different.

It’s really not.  People rot in the streets there if someone doesn’t claim the body. That doesn’t happen here, never will.

Well I guess if you say "never will" it must be true. (It's not.)

I know you are O&G, if you haven’t been there you know people who have. It is some of the saddest shit on earth, and you can blame whomever you want, but their govt corruption has taken what should be one of the wealthiest places on earth and made it quite literally, the worst. 

Yes... AND HOW DOES THAT ACTUALLY HAPPEN?

WHO PAYS THESE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS?

Jesus Christ, walk past step 1 and use your god damned head to think

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Ummm.....we already do.  Perhaps you haven't ever actually listened to the GOP or their supporters in recent decades?

Poor people are poor because they are lazy, stupid, drink grape soda, have phones, had a kid, etc. etc. etc.  Our governing party absolutely 100% judges the actions and characters of poor people based on their bank accounts.  That rule has been set and consistently applied.

Bullshit.

there are soup to nuts hand up programs avaliable to people a-z.

there are definitely hard luck cases and they should get help.

Nearly every interview of the successful=hard work + opportunity + luck.  

Its 3.7% unemployment.  It doesn’t get better to bargain for wages or find opportunity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Rims. Jordans.

It's not hard to see what the ultimate source of hornhorn's anger is.

And Meth, convenient that you remove that word. And you also assume that I'm white. LOL. 

Spend someone else's money, accuse someone of racism and Progressives. Is there a better combo? 

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The government (US and otherwise) would make far better use of Bill Gates's billions to help the local and global poor than he and his foundation do. Far better.

I know you guys love to just consume and parrot the propaganda pieces about the Gates Foundation and clap at the TED Talks. I get it.

But the reality is very different.

Yes, this is reality: https://www.cagw.org/media/press-releases/citizens-against-government-waste-releases-31-trillion-waste-cutting

JFC, did you actually complain about Gates Foundation wastefulness while vouching for Govt spending? Is this opposite day or are you just detached with reality? Don't answer it, rhetorical question.

10 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Literal encapsulation of your socialist horseshit.

Fuck you.  Nothing is stopping you from emigrating to Venezuela, Cuba, or Russia.  Except your own soft ass privileged expectations.

Edited by Incredulity

Yes, absolutely. Basically everything big and good done in this world was done through the collective action of people and their governments.

Weren't you just complaining about the corruption in US govt literally like 3 posts ago? Are you suffering from short term memory loss?

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So you endorse this perspective?  OK. I mean I disagree.  But OK. 

14 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

Weren't you just complaining about the corruption in US govt literally like 3 posts ago?

Yes. Re-read it and look at what I said.

Government is at its worst when it is dominated by private interests. The corruption in that case is governmental, but it is also tied to capital. It is capital interests that led the government to start wars and institute revolutions and assassinations abroad.

So much of government's worst aspects are funded and caused by private business influence, and private business itself is insanely corrupt and wasteful even by itself.

I do not say that governments would use that money more efficiently for the poor because governments are perfect, merely that they are better than the private alternative.

Yes. Re-read it and look at what I said.

Government is at its worst when it is dominated by private interests. The corruption in that case is governmental, but it is also tied to capital. It is capital interests that led the government to start wars and institute revolutions and assassinations abroad.

So much of government's worst aspects are funded and caused by private business influence, and private business itself is insanely corrupt and wasteful even by itself.

I do not say that governments would use that money more efficiently for the poor because governments are perfect, merely that they are better than the private alternative.

You have nothing to support that, in fact all the data supports the contrary. And even if it did, you do not have the right to confiscate someone's wealth just because they have it. Your rights do not and cannot infringe upon someone else's. For all the ethical practices you progressives preach, you seem to ignore this basic premise. 

You then get into mental gymnastics of how someone like Gates has stolen from you. 

2 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

You have nothing to support that, in fact all the data supports the contrary.

Show me the nation that is run on private charity and where government spending on public needs is low/non-existent.

Name the countries you would actually want to live in and tell me about how their government spends on the needs of its people.

And even if it did, you do not have the right to confiscate someone's wealth just because they have it.

You're right. I, a private citizen, do not have the right to go take anything from Bill Gates to fund public schools or fix Flint's water system.

But the government does.

United States Constitution: Article I, Section 8, Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.

You then get into mental gymnastics of how someone like Gates has stolen from you. 

What?

26 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

So you endorse this perspective?  OK. I mean I disagree.  But OK. 

I'll just ask, how can we have a meaningful conversation if the other side does nothing BUT that?  We're toast.  Poor people are fucked, because they'll be relentlessly demonized, and any counterattack will be attacked by "well meaning folks" like you.  Which is EXACTLY how the GOP wants it.  You're a useful idiot.

• Like 1

Show me the nation that is run on private charity and where government spending on public needs is low/non-existent.

Name the countries you would actually want to live in and tell me about how their government spends on the needs of its people.

There are no countries that can have private charities of our size because of one simple reason, they do not have capital markets like we do. Look at the top 10 companies of US and then compare them to the ones in Europe, Asia etc. Most of our companies are around a generation old or younger, almost all of their companies are over a 100 years old. Which also means that wealth stays in the same place which isn't the case in the US. That growth allows for different people to become successful and create private charities of size that we see. Europe does not offer that, neither does Asia. 

I always wonder why people still get sucked into the billionaire class' "it's the poor brown people's fault that you're not a billionaire yourself!" trap that the elite use to get stupid people to vote against their own self interest over and over. 

Then you meet people like hornhorn (who, BTW, is an obvious sock).

Keep up the hatred and the vitriol for the poor and the brown and the downtrodden. Those billionaires will come along and invite you to their club any day now. You're definitely one of them!

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

And btw, hi b_t, I can see you in hornhorn's replies. You're absolutely right. Rims. Jordans. The horror. We know where this dude's motivations are. We know exactly what mental picture he has when he thinks about someone buying Jordans on a payment plan. You know 100% he and his friends say "look I'm not racist. There are (n words), (Hispanic slurs), and white trash. It doesn't make me racist to acknowledge that! And I have black friends!"

He's about at 75% triggered. If you get him to 90% (I believe in you) he's gonna start talking about welfare queens paying for groceries in food stamps and driving away in their Cadillac.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'll just ask, how can we have a meaningful conversation if the other side does nothing BUT that?  We're toast.  Poor people are fucked, because they'll be relentlessly demonized, and any counterattack will be attacked by "well meaning folks" like you.  Which is EXACTLY how the GOP wants it.  You're a useful idiot.

You are deflecting from valid push back on the wrong headed notion that the moral character of an individual can be judged based on their bank account by ranting about Republicans. It's really not that hard. You can judge the moral character of neither the poor, nor the rich, nor all the gradations in between, by their bank account balance. How about instead of deflecting you say, you know what, it is wrong when people demonize the poor as having an intrinsic moral insufficiency, and it is wrong to demonize the rich has having an intrinsic moral insufficiency. Instead, you see pigs rolling around in the slop and think that the only way to compete is to jump in the mud with them.  Maybe you are right.  Good luck with that. 

• Like 1