CWS

Cairn Horn88

14 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Absolutely, just pointing out it's a problem all over not just at the highest level of college. Everyone wants guys that throw 95+ and don't seem to give a shit if they can get it over the plate. Give me a guy that can hit spots and change speeds that tops out at 90 all day everyday.  

welcome to the world where every college baseball coach thinks they can make a few adjustments and have a big arm painting the black.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

welcome to the world where every college baseball coach thinks they can make a few adjustments and have a big arm painting the black.

Jon McMillan has improved a shit-ton.  Yes he still throws a couple of those Bob Euker “just a bit outside “ balls.

There’s a very very good chance the tech would not be in Omaha without McMillan‘s effort in the super to close out Oklahoma State, as an example of him providing fireballs in very clutch moments. 

Edited by slorch

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

Jon McMillan has improved a shit-ton.  Yes he still throws a couple of those Bob Euker “just a bit outside “ balls.

There’s a very very good chance the tech would not be in Omaha without McMillan‘s effort in the super to close out Oklahoma State, as an example of him providing fireballs in very clutch moments. 

Whammer takes about 7-10 pitches to dial in as you know...Tadlock couldn’t afford it, and for a moment it looked like he chose poorly, but Floyd turned out to be the fix. 

Wish we were playing tomorrow instead of Wednesday. The day off thing messes with me. Don’t know how it effects the players. 

23 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Quick side-note to Tech's win today...this W gives Tech now more CWS wins than aggy has.  Just a little icing on the cake.

I would've thought y'all had already accomplished that given 4 trips in the last 6 years, in fact I was about to correct you--I didn't know we'd won a game in '51.

Regardless, congrats.  Tadlock's awesome and easy to root for.

Somebody upthread mentioned the mental part of the game, as it pertains to coaching.  There are a few coaches who are just zen masters, guys like Augie Garrido, John Wooden, Phil Jackson, Skip Bertman, etc.  And I think that's what separates them and why they've won multiple championships with entirely different rosters and in some cases, with different teams.

Tadlock hasn't won the ring yet but it won't surprise anyone if he does.

10 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Seems like they finally got everything figured out between the bats/balls.  Balls that should get out are getting out.

When we went to CWS in 2014, it was such a beating knowing nothing was going to leave the park. Nothing. No matter how well the ball was hit. 

4 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

Them coming within an eyelash of winning it all last year makes this years 0-2 even more special.  Hopefully it will be another 39 years before they make it back to the championship game.

Well just think Arkiesaw won twice as many CWS games last year as da Ags have for their entire history....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I enjoy Tom Hart, and I've never had any complaint with Karl Ravech.  Kyle Peterson is excellent despite having trouble fitting his ego in the booth, and guys like Chris Burke and Eduardo Perez are really good.

All of that is to say, both these crews are an improvement over the Mike Patrick days.

1 hour ago, Uncle Nate said:

Quick side-note to Tech's win today...this W gives Tech now more CWS wins than aggy has.  Just a little icing on the cake.

Who?

1 hour ago, spystud13 said:

The defensive charts on their belts is such a fucking horrendous look. 

usually that shit doesn't bother me...whatever a team wants to do.  i didn't comment on it during the Tech game.

There are easy handsignals for fielding positions and batting directions.

WTF could they possibly have on there...  Harbaugh's playbook?

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

usually that shit doesn't bother me...whatever a team wants to do.  i didn't comment on it during the Tech game.

There are easy handsignals for fielding positions and batting directions.

WTF could they possibly have on there...  Harbaugh's playbook?

I was wondering the same thing.  Seems like an awful lot of info on there.