CWS

Cairn Horn88

5 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Michigan is definitely a nice ball club. Hard as hell to get to the CWS on the road the whole tournament. Now they are 2-0 and they are salty. I imagine they have an army of fans on the way to Omaha to pile on. 

From my experience, they are the greatest college baseball team of all time.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

From my experience, they are the greatest college baseball team of all time.  

Never saw UCLA play until the last game. Just my snapshot assessment was they seemed like they were shocked they weren’t steamrolling. When Coastal Carolina made their run that was pretty much the same look Tech players had. 

12 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

It would be a great thing for College Baseball if Michigan could win the whole, I am not entirely sold on them but still: three wins away.

Fuck Jim Delany and everyone in the Big 10.  https://www.businessinsider.com/jim-delany-college-world-series-is-unfair-2011-6

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Never saw UCLA play until the last game. Just my snapshot assessment was they seemed like they were shocked they weren’t steamrolling. When Coastal Carolina made their run that was pretty much the same look Tech players had. 

Pretty much.  This was a better team than our NC team of '13.  Just forgot that it's baseball and anyone can get hot.

Baseball is the cruelest fucking sport. For example. You probably heard this story a thousand times...but I was on the 1979 Wise County Little League Mets. A group of castoffs that went undefeated 2 seasons. Anyway, in the championship of the qualifying tournament to decide who qualified for the qualifying tournament, we got beat because the umpire called 16 straight balls against the best Latino 9 year old to ever pitch. Ishmael Rivera. That’s right. Years later, Turns out our coach was banging his wife and his sister. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Baseball is the cruelest fucking sport. For example. You probably heard this story a thousand times...but I was on the 1979 Wise County Little League Mets. A group of castoffs that went undefeated 2 seasons. Anyway, in the championship of the qualifying tournament to decide who qualified for the qualifying tournament, we got beat because the umpire called 16 straight balls against the best Latino 9 year old to ever pitch. Ishmael Rivera. That’s right. Years later, Turns out our coach was banging his wife and his sister. 

This happens so often it's almost a cliche.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Was my boy Bryan Eaton on that team?  Or Billy Joe Tolliver?

13 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

0-1 for Aub’s 3B on chances in the field. 

Did a little research.    Leads team in errors (12),  low BA (.252),  but leads team in HRs (10).

We'll see how this story ends.   Maybe the single gives him confidence in the field.

Julien, Edouard

HIGH SCHOOL
Attended Cardinal-Roy Secondary School in Quebec City, Canada ... member of the Canadian Junior National Team ... participated in tournaments in Florida and Cuba with Canada U18 National Team during the summer of 2016 ... won gold with Team Quebec at the 18U National Championship in August 2016 ... hit .318 in the tournament with six RBI and two extra-base hits ... named top 15-year-old player in Quebec ... named top prospect in Quebec as a 16-year-old ... hit team-best .417 with four runs scored in Spring Training camp with Canada JNT in March 2016 ... also saw national team action in the Dominican Summer League ... won bronze with Team Quebec at the Baseball Canada Cup ... batted .381 in the event with five RBI and nine stolen bases … selected by the Philadelphia Phillies in the 37th round of the 2017 MLB Draft.

15 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Announcers said he was pretty much DH exclusively last season for a very apparent reason. 

He did have their first 3 RBIs in the first game.  So in a way it was his lead to blow.

Edited by WBT