4th to last Battle of Britain pilot passes

Hagbard Celine

My Great uncle was a West Point Cadet, class of 1940,  that then volunteered to go fly spitfires in the Battle of Britain before joining the USAF when the US joined the war. Won the distinguished flying cross and many other medals. He was career Air Force and retired as a colonel. I was about 10 when he passed but I always remember the awesome stories he used to tell me about flying back in the day. He had a MP-40 hanging in his office over his desk it was pretty badass. 

Edited by Johnny Chimpo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Chimpo said:

My Great uncle was a West Point Cadet, class of 1940,  that then volunteered to go fly spitfires in the Battle of Britain before joining the USAF when the US joined the war. Won the distinguished flying cross and many other medals. He was career Air Force and retired as a colonel. I was about 10 when he passed but I always remember the awesome stories he used to tell me about flying back in the day. He had a MP-40 hanging in his office over his desk it was pretty badass. 

Bad ass(es).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_Squadrons

The man was a dashing, handsome devil. Imagine those long long few seconds where the fire was burning him and he managed to turn the plane and bail out. Then the agonizing fall through the air to the ground. Then his war became fighting pain and recovering for years.

We who have never been on a firing line can only imagine the experience. I humbly salute them all.

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

The man was a dashing, handsome devil. Imagine those long long few seconds where the fire was burning him and he managed to turn the plane and bail out. Then the agonizing fall through the air to the ground. Then his war became fighting pain and recovering for years.

We who have never been on a firing line can only imagine the experience. I humbly salute them all.

Sterling Archer: Oh, my God. Are we out of Bloody Marys?

I probably put the double deuce in my top 3 episodes.