2020 UFC/MMA thread

ss13

18 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I have to say, I wouldn't mind it if Costa knocked Izzy all the way out after that disrespect.  

I think they could fight 50 times and each time Izzy would walk away without a single mark on his face. I know it’s recency bias, but I think we might be talking about adesanya as a guy on the short list for GOAT.

14 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I think they could fight 50 times and each time Izzy would walk away without a single mark on his face.

Agreed. And in a rematch Costa will be even more apprehensive to approach for fear of getting his legs blown up again. It's a pointless exercise.

tenor.gif?itemid=4691405

• Hook 'Em 1

The Cannonier fight is only 3 rd?  Which is great since they'll go all-out

Getting more and more excited about the khabib fight by the day.  A big part of khabibs monster wrestling is trapping people against the fence.  Gaethjes primacy in the fight is keeping everything in the center of the octagon - and it's the full size as opposed to the reduced one they've used recently.

Really curious how long before khabib can finally get that signature leg wrap thing that he does.  End of 2nd? 3rd round?  Justin is a great kicker but the problem is kicking exposes you to take downs.  

17 hours ago, smuggs said:

I'd love to see Gaethje KO the MFer. I just don't think he'll be able to keep Khabib off of him. The guy is a rabid fucking animal. I hope I'm wrong.

6 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Gaethje said he didn't watch any tape on Khabib to prep for this fight. If that's not pure bullshit then he's about to get dragged to the ground and submitted. 

The only way to beat Khabib is to bring the offensive wrestling, not just try to escape.

Everyone tries to escape, and everyone gets held against the fence and smeshed. Conor before he gassed was doing an o.k. job in the first round, but his cardio isn't good enough to keep that wrestling up.

Justin isn't the type of guy to use his wrestling, but he's got lots of experience and talent in that department, I don't think he has the gas tank to keep it up though.

Tony was the only guy I thought could have a chance against Khabib, because he is so unorthodox and they actually had an offensive BJJ plan to counter Khabib's wrestling. Offense is the key, I think. Don't just try to escape, once you are engaged go for your own wrestling offense. Also lots of elbow strikes to the side of the head.