Anton Chigurh

2020 IndyCar Thread

Doomlet was almost born on Race Day, in which case we may have named him Miles (1,261.734 in one day, assuming full length of all three races...) but he waited a couple hours too long. 

I'm pretty annoyed that in non-pandemic (presumably...) times that Monaco, Indy, and the Coca-Cola 600 won't be on the same day next year. Seems like a real outrage. 

Guess they are at TMS this weekend. Saw all the haulers parked outside yesterday.

So when and how can we watch indycar this weekend?  Are they televising or streaming only? And are they showing practices and qualifying, or just the race?  I checked the googles but wasn't really sure what I'm looking for.  Surly knows better than the internet, anyway.

Posted (edited)

It's on the main broadcast NBC channel at 7 central time. Tonight.

Edited by Hawndoh

46 minutes ago, utee94 said:

So when and how can we watch indycar this weekend?  Are they televising or streaming only? And are they showing practices and qualifying, or just the race?  I checked the googles but wasn't really sure what I'm looking for.  Surly knows better than the internet, anyway.

Looks like practice 1-3pm on NBCSN - Gold (guessing a pay option there)

Qualifying 5-6 on NBCSN (not gold)

why does this show up on my desktop google calendar but not my phone's google calendar? 

Probably much the same reason why having the race on the same TV channel and on same day as qualifying and/or practice means the race itself is interpreted as a rerun by my DVR. 

That 35 lap limit on the tires was certainly something. 

Apparently the lap limit was because Firestone didn't have the ability to develop tires in response to the loading from the aeroscreen (coronavirus), so the tires were a mix of rights from last year's event and lefts from Indianapolis.

Scott Dixon might actually be a wizard.

We're starting to come to terms with the possibility that we won't be heading up to RoadAmerica for the double-header next weekend. We've got a campsite and golf cart and everything, but given the current trends with COVID, I don't know that we will be comfortable taking the needless risk. 

The Doomlet and I could just pee in the woods and only hurriedly use the restrooms to shit, but Mrs. Doom isn't crazy about having to use them (or the Porta Potties) from Thursday through Monday. And we sure as shit wouldn't plan to use the showers. 

We live close enough (NW Chicago suburbs) that I'm still hoping that we can justify heading up both race mornings and just go home each night, and not plan on going anywhere outside of our campsite while we're there. But depending on how much shittier things get in the meantime, even that might not make sense... 

Decent race so far, Dixon seemingly cruising to the end. 14 to go and as usual the only downside is NBC stuff. Giving Rutledge Wood too much screen time, too many Liberty Mutual ads, coming back from the side-by-side commercial coverage with a pass happening only to cut to a shot of the sky so Diffey can read ad copy.

But at least real racing is back on tv.

He was pretty fortunate with where the caution came, and Power got hosed by that caution, but yeah Dixon is a machine.