NotActuallyALonghorn

Thread for those working through The Clone Wars

There seems to be a few of us working through The Clone Wars, so I figured why not start a thread? Let's keep spoilers in Spoiler tags, but precede the tags with the season and episode so those who want to look at it can, but those who haven't gotten that far can skip it. If you thought an episode or arc was great, post your reaction without spoiler tags. If you thought it would be best skipped (droid episodes, Jar Jar episodes, etc.), post your opinion about it without spoiler tags. Most of us won't be caught up before Season 7 drops, so this gives us a spot to talk about it without spoiling anything.

I just finished Season 4 episode 16, and it is pretty good so far, but there is a lot of filler. When it's good, it's good, but I kinda preferred Rebels for the lack of filler.

Imagine what the last 3 movies could have been under Filoni's leadership. 

I love how he can introduce interesting and deep story lines within the confines of a completed story/movie arc (between Ep 5 and 6) which is when the Clones Wars takes place.

He really should have authority along with Lucas over the movies.  They seem to work together well. 

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

How so? I liked it.

This is how you resurrect a character and make it cohesive as opposed to JJ's disjointed mess.

The bad batch were almost too over the top, but I thought it was a pretty good first episode. I kinda wish the whole season had dropped at once but I guess the Mouse has to find ways to keep folks on the smack until October.

Agreed.  I think they just wanted to shift away from the predictable clones and Rex and have their own inglorious bastards.  It is formulaic but it works for the program.  And yes, I wished the same.

a lot of this season has already been released in pre-production format. it's all on youtube. don't watch it if you don't want to spoil this season.

On 3/23/2020 at 10:05 AM, Buzzrock said:

The new Ahsoka episode was pretty good IMO. Nice to have her back. Also rumors she’s going to show up in the Mandalorian.

Rumors no longer my friend. Rosario Dawson has already been cast in the role. 

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

damn i cannot wait for this Trace story line to finish. hella bad.

From what I’ve read, the last 4 episodes are epic and will play out like a good Star Wars movie. That said, get ready for more filler.