BNB

Poker App with friends?

What's a good poker app to play with a group of friends?

Either free or is there one you can play for cash through them?

Any with voice built in, or just have to use discord?

Thanks

15 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It's called poker night. You need a table, chairs, chips, cards, and friends who will show up. 

It helps to hire strippers.

Some friends and I played a tournament using the Pokerrrr2 app on Saturday. Buy-ins and payouts were handled by Apple Pay.

We did a test run on Saturday afternoon and there were no problems. We played the tournament Saturday night and there were some connectivity issues, but once you got in as long as you stayed in the app -- i.e., don't switch between apps when using your phone or tablet -- there didn't seem to be any problems. 

Cash games are possible but may be more difficult to control the number of chips on the table to make sure they equal the cash paid.

Posted (edited)

In theory, couldn’t you just set up a private room on poker stars, invite your poker night friends, and cash app/Venmo each other? I’ve never actually done this, so but I thought about it last night during self quarantining. Thought about trying it out with the guys i normally play with to see if there are any hang ups 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Funny this was the top post on the board when I came here this morning to ask the same question. Have a monthly cash game with buddies that I’d like to take online given this virus crap and just wondering what’s the best solution. If I find anything we like I’ll come back and post. 

On 3/23/2020 at 10:35 AM, youdunnf'dup said:

In theory, couldn’t you just set up a private room on poker stars, invite your poker night friends, and cash app/Venmo each other? I’ve never actually done this, so but I thought about it last night during self quarantining. Thought about trying it out with the guys i normally play with to see if there are any hang ups 

Just did this exact thing last night with our regular Monday game exactly how you described it.  You have to buy play chips from Poker Stars ($1,000,000 chips for $4.99).  We played $100/$200 (max buyin was $20,000 per hour) with the understanding from everyone that its $1/$2 for real money.  One of the group is keeping track of all buyins for each session and we will all settle up when this is over.  Only weird thing is that PS takes an actual rake of the play chips but it shouldn't make much of a dent if everyone buys $1,000,000.  They also set up a Zoom meeting so we could all see and hear everyone if you wanted to.  Went off without a hitch.  It did take a little while to get used to how fast the action moves though.  It's been a long time since playing online.

we were playing 100-200 and I think after a couple hours there had been about 32k raked.