ZZ Top: That Little Ol' Band from Texas (Netflix, Documentary)

atomheartbevo

I had a friend who was the youngest of 3 and his older brother turned us onto ZZ Top "Tres Hombres", so probably when I was 13 or so. Then "Tush" from "Fandango" got a lot of radio play and more kids my age started to talk about the band and buy their music. Always been a fan, partly because of the raunchiness and being at that age but the early stuff has stood up in my mind. "Balinese" still gets my blood pumping. My only real complaint about the band was the Deguello tour shirts were such a shitty quality that the thing shrunk up 3 sizes the first time it was washed and I was never able to wear it again. ;) 

"Eliminator" and the whole MTV thing happened while I was in the Navy so I missed that. Came back home and it seemed like ERRBODY was on the ZZ Top train. 

They were the inspiration for a buddy of mine, thought was to write a story about a trio of Texans who didn't play live - only recorded in a secret studio somewhere down around Terlingua. 

I guess I need to watch this now. Good thing we'll all got lots of time on our hands.