Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
midtown

Texas beach report

On 5/5/2020 at 10:09 PM, Lat22 said:

You can stay near the water but if you look in your rear view and see water in your tracks, don’t stop. I did once (albeit in a heavy Superduty) and I sank to my door frames. Six hours and $1000 later, with the tide just about to swallow my truck, the two tow trucks finally got me out. 

A few years back, my dumbass oldest boy came out to the beach with us (we had a ton of family in for vacation).  He backed his truck up and spun his tires with the brake on to sink the backend down like a lot of folks do.  BUT....he did it in the sand where the water had been coming up to.  Next thing he knows, he's fucking stuck.  I tried pulling him out with my Jeep + winch and couldn't do it.  My son tried to dig the tires out but that just made it worse (listening to his old man is not his strong suit).

3 hours later, we had a guy come out with a deuce and a half and it took him a full running start to get the truck unstuck.

We all had a great time watching the shenanigans and getting drunk while talking with the constable the whole time (he was there to make sure no one got hurt trying to get the truck out - he said - I think he was just as amused as we were)

Just now, Ag with kids said:

A few years back, my dumbass oldest boy came out to the beach with us (we had a ton of family in for vacation).  He backed his truck up and spun his tires with the brake on to sink the backend down like a lot of folks do.  BUT....he did it in the sand where the water had been coming up to.  Next thing he knows, he's fucking stuck.  I tried pulling him out with my Jeep + winch and couldn't do it.  My son tried to dig the tires out but that just made it worse (listening to his old man is not his strong suit).

3 hours later, we had a guy come out with a deuce and a half and it took him a full running start to get the truck unstuck.

We all had a great time watching the shenanigans and getting drunk while talking with the constable the whole time (he was there to make sure no one got hurt trying to get the truck out - he said - I think he was just as amused as we were)

Hell, even at higher-traffic beaches, I've watched more than one idiot get his truck (and even cars) stuck in the sand at the tide line...as the tide was coming in.  Then you get to watch a guy pretty much cry as the saltwater comes up to the windows of his formerly-pretty ride.  Dumbassery has a stout tax rate.

7 hours ago, Ag with kids said:

Username checks out