Jump to content
clapclapclap

Summer riots/protests damage & tactics documentation thread (no politics, please)

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, blacklab said:

Yeah, this isn't a thread for news articles.

It's a thread for videos and pictures of the protests

The literal first post of this thread you're allowing to be here: 

Quote

Thread for vids, pics, and news stories

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting news - remember the dude with an umbrella breaking windows right at the inflection point between protests and riots after Floyd was murdered? Police are now saying he was a white supremacist agitator trying to instigate a riot

Quote

A masked man who was seen in a viral video smashing the windows of a south Minneapolis auto parts store during the George Floyd protests, earning him the moniker “Umbrella Man,” is suspected to be a member of the Hell’s Angels biker gang seeking to incite racial tension in a demonstration that until then had been peaceful, police said.

A Minneapolis police arson investigator said the man’s actions at the AutoZone on East Lake Street set off a chain reaction that led to days of looting and rioting. The building was later burned to the ground.

“This was the first fire that set off a string of fires and looting throughout the precinct and the rest of the city,” Erika Christensen wrote in a search warrant affidavit filed in court this week. “Until the actions of the person your affiant has been calling ‘Umbrella man,’ the protests had been relatively peaceful. The actions of this person created an atmosphere of hostility and tension. Your affiant believes that this individual’s sole aim was to incite violence.”

Police identified the suspect thanks to a tip that came via email last week, Christensen said.

At least two people died in the subsequent riots, which eventually spread as far as north Minneapolis and South St. Paul, and caused an estimated $500 million in damage.

Police have also connected the 32-year-old man to a widely-publicized incident in Stillwater late last month, in which a Muslim woman was confronted by a group of men wearing white supremacist garb.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Not as fucked as the maker of Black Turtle Beans.   Seems like no one likes their product.    Except the unbridled animals using them as weapons.   In that case, they provide quite a punch I'm sure. 

1000.jpeg

Any man that wastes a can of refried beans deserves to feel the wrath of the old testament god

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Interesting news - remember the dude with an umbrella breaking windows right at the inflection point between protests and riots after Floyd was murdered? Police are now saying he was a white supremacist agitator trying to instigate a riot

 

4 hours ago, blacklab said:

Yeah, this isn't a thread for news articles.

It's a thread for videos and pictures of the protests

lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bad, it's about the tactics that turned a protest into a riot and the damage it caused. Thought it may have been relevant to the spirit of the thread since it's directly and primarily sourced from the police's investigation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As far as Tactics go, since that's in the title. This thread gives one guy's opinion of what tactics they might be employing and where they are getting their shields and stuff from, how long they take to make, and who makes them, etc. There is a lot more there, with links to their training and stuff, but it's 18 tweets deep, so you can check it out yourselves if you want, I'll try to keep it on topic:

 

Edited by MillerEP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

As far as Tactics go, since that's in the title. This thread gives one guy's opinion of what tactics they might be employing and where they are getting their shields and stuff from, how long they take to make, and who makes them, etc. There is a lot more there, with links to their training and stuff, but it's 18 tweets deep, so you can check it out yourselves if you want, I'll try to keep it on topic:

 

Yeah....I'm missing the point here....so, knowing what tactics and actions they are likely to face from paramilitary irregulars, they spent time creating DEFENSIVE measures?  Shit....my KIDS have defensive measures packs (seriously, my daughter has marched for a couple of causes in two different cities, and she keeps a pack containing goggles, water for eye wash, multiple masks to layer out gas, etc. - I'm sure that took her a little time to put together).  She's not a rioter or terrorist.  She just knows that sometimes, the paramilitary guys will start slinging shit at you, so you ought to be prepared to protect yourself.  

How is this some sinister evil army?  Nevermind that the people they are facing are equipped with a wide-open spigot of DOD weaponry, including things that are literally banned from use in war....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....I'm missing the point here....so, knowing what tactics and actions they are likely to face from paramilitary irregulars, they spent time creating DEFENSIVE measures?  Shit....my KIDS have defensive measures packs (seriously, my daughter has marched for a couple of causes in two different cities, and she keeps a pack containing goggles, water for eye wash, multiple masks to layer out gas, etc. - I'm sure that took her a little time to put together).  She's not a rioter or terrorist.  She just knows that sometimes, the paramilitary guys will start slinging shit at you, so you ought to be prepared to protect yourself.  

How is this some sinister evil army?  Nevermind that the people they are facing are equipped with a wide-open spigot of DOD weaponry, including things that are literally banned from use in war....

It's just interesting, and I think that's one of the points of the thread.It's interesting to see what each side is doing and how they're countering each other, and what supporting elements they have, like a group selling shields for $10 a pop to non-members, and how they decide which clothes to wear, or who stands up front, what countermeasures they carry in their bags like your daughter, etc. You don't get that type of information from the news.

Edited by MillerEP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....I'm missing the point here....so, knowing what tactics and actions they are likely to face from paramilitary irregulars, they spent time creating DEFENSIVE measures?  Shit....my KIDS have defensive measures packs (seriously, my daughter has marched for a couple of causes in two different cities, and she keeps a pack containing goggles, water for eye wash, multiple masks to layer out gas, etc. - I'm sure that took her a little time to put together).  She's not a rioter or terrorist.  She just knows that sometimes, the paramilitary guys will start slinging shit at you, so you ought to be prepared to protect yourself.  

How is this some sinister evil army?  Nevermind that the people they are facing are equipped with a wide-open spigot of DOD weaponry, including things that are literally banned from use in war....

Tear gas banned in war you mean ?  Yeah it makes perfect sense, gas (any gas) as a weapon, has been flat out forbidden. 

Tear gas isn't a deadly force, and is used to hopefully head off actual deadly force. I have SOME issues with it being used, but let's drop the whole banned from war thing like that makes it some horrid thing.  

And while we're at it this whole lying, BS mythology that these protests are non violent needs to stop. They're intended, and coordinated by a number of participants to become violent, and destructive.  I'm seeing it right here in my hometown for 2 straight months.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

It's just interesting, and I think that's one of the points of the thread.It's interesting to see what each side is doing and how they're countering each other, and what supporting elements they have, like a group selling shields for $10 a pop to non-members, and how they decide which clothes to wear, or who stands up front, what countermeasures they carry in their bags like your daughter, etc. You don't get that type of information from the news.

And you're not going too because that would expose the coordinated acts that are intended to assist them when they turn violent.  The major media outlets would have you believe these are just friendly kids exercising first amendment rights... nooooooothing to see here.... move along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....I'm missing the point here....so, knowing what tactics and actions they are likely to face from paramilitary irregulars, they spent time creating DEFENSIVE measures?  Shit....my KIDS have defensive measures packs (seriously, my daughter has marched for a couple of causes in two different cities, and she keeps a pack containing goggles, water for eye wash, multiple masks to layer out gas, etc. - I'm sure that took her a little time to put together).  She's not a rioter or terrorist.  She just knows that sometimes, the paramilitary guys will start slinging shit at you, so you ought to be prepared to protect yourself.  

How is this some sinister evil army?  Nevermind that the people they are facing are equipped with a wide-open spigot of DOD weaponry, including things that are literally banned from use in war....

It's more than just shields.  Saw a tweet from Tim Kennedy on what was found last night (didn't see where, assuming Portland, but not verified)

  • Loaded 5.56 mags
  • Prepped molotov cocktails
  • Bats, hockey sticks, and lead pipes
  • Leaf blowers (gas disbursement)
  • Laser pointers (that to date have rendered blind 3 federal officers)
  • Pressured sprayers filled with gasoline or bleach

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Tear gas banned in war you mean ?  Yeah it makes perfect sense, gas (any gas) as a weapon, has been flat out forbidden. 

Tear gas isn't a deadly force, and is used to hopefully head off actual deadly force. I have SOME issues with it being used, but let's drop the whole banned from war thing like that makes it some horrid thing.  

And while we're at it this whole lying, BS mythology that these many many many of these protests are non violent needs to stop. They're intended, and coordinated by a number of participants to become violent, and destructive.  I'm seeing it right here in my hometown for 2 straight months.

1) there are absolutely people who have used the protests, in a calculated matter, to commit mayhem.

2) some of those people are actually on "the other side" (see the window smasher in Minneapolis, just above).

3) Man....broad brush much?  What percentage of the protesters out there do you think have participated in actual acts of violence and property destruction? Because you just forcefully dismissed even the concept that "many of them are non violent."  I know dozens of people who have participated in more than one march, etc......I am unaware of any of them committing acts of violence (and I'd be quite surprised if they did - we're talking pastors, middle-age women, honor students who have never even gotten a traffic ticket, that sort of folks).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Dad got teargassed (“friendly fire” when the wind shifted) In his own HQ office during Albizu Campos’ not-so-comical nationalist uprising in Puerto Rico 70 years ago. He came home when he got off duty... looked like he had just watched Old Yeller again. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

1) there are absolutely people who have used the protests, in a calculated matter, to commit mayhem.

2) some of those people are actually on "the other side" (see the window smasher in Minneapolis, just above).

3) Man....broad brush much?  What percentage of the protesters out there do you think have participated in actual acts of violence and property destruction? Because you just forcefully dismissed even the concept that "many of them are non violent."  I know dozens of people who have participated in more than one march, etc......I am unaware of any of them committing acts of violence (and I'd be quite surprised if they did - we're talking pastors, middle-age women, honor students who have never even gotten a traffic ticket, that sort of folks).

“Broad brush”.. say it ain’t so, Joe. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

It's more than just shields.  Saw a tweet from Tim Kennedy on what was found last night (didn't see where, assuming Portland, but not verified)

  • Loaded 5.56 mags
  • Prepped molotov cocktails
  • Bats, hockey sticks, and lead pipes
  • Leaf blowers (gas disbursement)
  • Laser pointers (that to date have rendered blind 3 federal officers)
  • Pressured sprayers filled with gasoline or bleach

 

 

Yeah....first, I don't doubt that some shitheels have done some of that (molotovs, laser pointers, that sort of thing).  Leaf blowers?  Defensive measure, no problem with that.  On a lot of the rest of that, I'll wait and see -- like all the stories about "huge piles of bricks pre-staged as weapons!" that we heard about a couple of months ago.

As to the 5.56 mags....hey, I thought we had a sacred 2nd amendment, and it's totally legal, totally cool, to carry a locked and loaded AR wherever you want....

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Shouldn't you be praising these folks as great, patriotic "strict constitutionalists?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

1) there are absolutely people who have used the protests, in a calculated matter, to commit mayhem.

2) some of those people are actually on "the other side" (see the window smasher in Minneapolis, just above).

3) Man....broad brush much?  What percentage of the protesters out there do you think have participated in actual acts of violence and property destruction? Because you just forcefully dismissed even the concept that "many of them are non violent."  I know dozens of people who have participated in more than one march, etc......I am unaware of any of them committing acts of violence (and I'd be quite surprised if they did - we're talking pastors, middle-age women, honor students who have never even gotten a traffic ticket, that sort of folks).

Broad brush strokes ?  Are you seriously trying that ?  Are you secretly BT ?  Every protest in Richmond Va. has turned violent, Portland, the CHAZ, CHOP  (whatever BS name you want to call them) all of these protests have turned into violent riots, and looting.

I'm well aware there are many people who aren't protesting violently. One only has to look at the coordinated attacks by mobs to see they are indeed planned before hand to turn violent.  Please stop being obtusely ignorant of what is caught on video in every city where these peaceful protests are occurring.  Lying about it doesn't make the reality go away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....first, I don't doubt that some shitheels have done some of that (molotovs, laser pointers, that sort of thing).  Leaf blowers?  Defensive measure, no problem with that.  On a lot of the rest of that, I'll wait and see -- like all the stories about "huge piles of bricks pre-staged as weapons!" that we heard about a couple of months ago.

As to the 5.56 mags....hey, I thought we had a sacred 2nd amendment, and it's totally legal, totally cool, to carry a locked and loaded AR wherever you want....

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Shouldn't you be praising these folks as great, patriotic "strict constitutionalists?"

Dude fucking stop. The fact is these are pre coordinated acts intended to turn violent, confrontational, and destructive. This isn't hippies marching for peace.  I truly hope your daughter doesn't get caught in a dangerous situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Broad brush strokes ?  Are you seriously trying that ?  Are you secretly BT ?  Every protest in Richmond Va. has turned violent, Portland, the CHAZ, CHOP  (whatever BS name you want to call them) all of these protests have turned into violent riots, and looting.

I'm well aware there are many people who aren't protesting violently. One only has to look at the coordinated attacks by mobs to see they are indeed planned before hand to turn violent.  Please stop being obtusely ignorant of what is caught on video in every city where these peaceful protests are occurring.  Lying about it doesn't make the reality go away.

I'm in Austin.  I have participated in a demonstration that didn't turn violent.  I have seen numerous demonstrations here that did not turn violent.  So, I mean, I literally have direct experience with protests that HAVE NOT BEEN VIOLENT.

I have ALSO seen, right here in Austin, some demonstrations that HAVE turned violent.

They aren't all the same.  This movement isn't a "buncha leftist antifa terrorists who want to burn everything down," no matter how much that conclusion comforts you because it allows you to dismiss every single demonstration, every single protest, and every word they have said.  It's just not true.  Just like my desire that all protests be "entirely peaceful" has not come to pass -- which I think is a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Dude fucking stop. The fact is these are pre coordinated acts intended to turn violent, confrontational, and destructive. This isn't hippies marching for peace.  I truly hope your daughter doesn't get caught in a dangerous situation.

Cool.  So, it's great to know that -- in spite of my direct experience to the contrary, and my friends' direct experience to the contrary (including people who marched in DC in events that did NOT turn violent -- believe it or not, many of the marches and demonstrations in DC started and ended peacefully) -- this entire movement is just a pre-coordinated violent assault on America.

Good grief, man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are really projecting. 
We all know there are plenty of peaceful protests with admirable goals for their cause.

We also can see there are organized groups of anarchist thugs who are hijacking the BLM movement and using it to cover their violent activities. Of course those violent types seem to come out late at night after the peaceful folks finish their protest and go home.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brisketexan said:

Cool.  So, it's great to know that -- in spite of my direct experience to the contrary, and my friends' direct experience to the contrary (including people who marched in DC in events that did NOT turn violent -- believe it or not, many of the marches and demonstrations in DC started and ended peacefully) -- this entire movement is just a pre-coordinated violent assault on America.

Good grief, man.

You never seem to read whole posts, but instead try to grab some snippet like you've got a witness on the stand for a gotcha moment. I said not all participants are there for violence, but enough folks are that it's a wide spread problem (paraphrasing). The protests going on in Portland are violent, the protests going on here in Va. are violent, and intended to be that way.  You're subtle like a Mac truck with your cherry picking of comments from posts  

Of course there are protests that haven't turned violent, but the narrative going around right now is NONE of them are violent. Jerry fucking Nadler said as much on tape just the other day, calling the violence in Portland a right wing myth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

You are really projecting. 
We all know there are plenty of peaceful protests with admirable goals for their cause.

We also can see there are organized groups of anarchist thugs who are hijacking the BLM movement and using it to cover their violent activities. Of course those violent types seem to come out late at night after the peaceful folks finish their protest and go home.

 

Yeah I love the whole my anecdote counts for all protests, but your video evidence to the contrary doesn't mean anything.  They're all good kids...hypocricy is an insulting act.

 

EDIT:  why is it that anecdotal evidence is only acceptable to you when it's out of your experience ?  

Edited by Onboard 2.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

 

 

Portland.  No doubt the business got trashed soon after. 

Simply protesting is now such a far-fetched concept.    Why do so when destroying is much more fun.

 

 

 

image.png.c6e430f292db5ca2d7af06e2d0f920f1.png

Saddest post in the whole thread to me. Reminder of how much this unnecessary violence is ruining people's livelihoods who are actually productive members of society.

This country is toast. We are speeding toward a conflict at a larger scale soon, and no one is going to be able to stop it.

Edited by high side 3 way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm in Austin.  I have participated in a demonstration that didn't turn violent.  I have seen numerous demonstrations here that did not turn violent.  So, I mean, I literally have direct experience with protests that HAVE NOT BEEN VIOLENT.

I have ALSO seen, right here in Austin, some demonstrations that HAVE turned violent.

They aren't all the same.  This movement isn't a "buncha leftist antifa terrorists who want to burn everything down," no matter how much that conclusion comforts you because it allows you to dismiss every single demonstration, every single protest, and every word they have said.  It's just not true.  Just like my desire that all protests be "entirely peaceful" has not come to pass -- which I think is a problem.

And yet you try to paint the issue as non violent overall. When in fact video evidence is showing coordinated attacks of gov't , and private property, and people.  There is no comfort so drop that snarky little shit train of thought.  

The fact is many ... FAR TOO MANY of these peaceful protests are being coordinated nation wide to become violent.  You want your voice to be heard, throw out the people trying to instigate trouble. Ain't gonna happen brah, and you know it, and more importantly the wolves among the sheep for damn sure know it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Shouldn't you be praising these folks as great, patriotic "strict constitutionalists?"

Maybe compare the actions of each group as it relates to police confrontations?  Say, using that pic provided of a federal building?  Nobody is decrying loaded mags, but in the context of week after escalating  week, you're dismissive point of "defensiveness" doesn't come close to telling the entire story.  These are not protesters.  These are anarchists and Marxists.  This is going to continue to ratchet up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Cool.  So, it's great to know that -- in spite of my direct experience to the contrary, and my friends' direct experience to the contrary (including people who marched in DC in events that did NOT turn violent -- believe it or not, many of the marches and demonstrations in DC started and ended peacefully) -- this entire movement is just a pre-coordinated violent assault on America.

Good grief, man.

The movement has been hijacked.  It's not any more complicated than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

The movement has been hijacked.  It's not any more complicated than that.

It was intended to be hijacked. You want the public relations face to be all sweetness, and nice, but the movement is, and always was intended to create chaos, and destruction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Dude fucking stop. The fact is these are pre coordinated acts intended to turn violent, confrontational, and destructive. This isn't hippies marching for peace.  I truly hope your daughter doesn't get caught in a dangerous situation.

WAH ANTIFA IS GOING TO GET ME WAHH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

It was intended to be hijacked. You want the public relations face to be all sweetness, and nice, but the movement is, and always was intended to create chaos, and destruction.

The leaders being unabashed, self-admitted Marxists was kind of an early "tell".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WAH ANTIFA IS GOING TO GET ME WAHH

Well, at least you didn’t say “muh freedoms” or “mericuh”. I guess that’s progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You never seem to read whole posts, but instead try to grab some snippet like you've got a witness on the stand for a gotcha moment. I said not all participants are there for violence, but enough folks are that it's a wide spread problem (paraphrasing). The protests going on in Portland are violent, the protests going on here in Va. are violent, and intended to be that way.  You're subtle like a Mac truck with your cherry picking of comments from posts  

Of course there are protests that haven't turned violent, but the narrative going around right now is NONE of them are violent. Jerry fucking Nadler said as much on tape just the other day, calling the violence in Portland a right wing myth.

Really, and I'm the one projecting?  Where have I said that none of the protests involve violence?

8 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And yet you try to paint the issue as non violent overall. When in fact video evidence is showing coordinated attacks of gov't , and private property, and people.  There is no comfort so drop that snarky little shit train of thought.  

The fact is many ... FAR TOO MANY of these peaceful protests are being coordinated nation wide to become violent.  You want your voice to be heard, throw out the people trying to instigate trouble. Ain't gonna happen brah, and you know it, and more importantly the wolves among the sheep for damn sure know it.

Really?  Okay.  Citation, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

WAH ANTIFA IS GOING TO GET ME WAHH

What an ignorant thing to state, but you do it well my man, and often.  Sorry if reality sucks for your little world

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, high side 3 way said:

and no one is going to be able to stop it.

Going forward, maybe.  But looking back:  I disagree.  The leadership in these cities could have, and should have stopped it.  They didn't.  Bad actors facilitated protesting morphing into looting, rioting, and violence.  At that point, steps to protect the community were needed.  Local LE was specifically told to stand down.  In the case of the Portland Precinct, to actually abandon completely the station all together.  This further emboldened more violence and destruction.  Nobody would call it what it had become:  rioting.  The narrative was always "protests".  To this day, posters still insist on this vernacular.  What?  How can you oppose PROTESTING.....it's disingenuous at best, and as we see, also dangerous.

These communities are destroyed.  Many will never recover.  Collateral damage in the cultural war.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Really, and I'm the one projecting?  Where have I said that none of the protests involve violence?

Really?  Okay.  Citation, please.

Your whole anecdotal evidence (which around here we all know is inadmissible) I was in a non violent protest and my friend was too so there, they're non violent....  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

These are not protesters.  These are anarchists and Marxists.  This is going to continue to ratchet up.

 

9 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

 the movement is, and always was intended to create chaos, and destruction.

Yes, yes.  I am the one painting with a broad brush.

Jesus.  This was all a Soros plot to take down America, always was, it's nothing but anarchists and Marxists intent on stealing our precious bodily fluids.  For christ's sake, read the shit you are posting.  It's a goddamned fever dream that achieves only one end, the one you so desperately want -- the ability to completely dismiss the movement, and any goal it has stated or advanced, as actions of the enemy that must be crushed, and certainly not listened to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

These communities are destroyed.  Many will never recover.

Wait.... Portland is DESTROYED?  Huh.  Interesting.

Do you own a map?  Does Portland consist of [checks map again] more than a few city blocks?  Interesting indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brisketexan said:

 

Yes, yes.  I am the one painting with a broad brush.

Jesus.  This was all a Soros plot to take down America, always was, it's nothing but anarchists and Marxists intent on stealing our precious bodily fluids.  For christ's sake, read the shit you are posting.  It's a goddamned fever dream that achieves only one end, the one you so desperately want -- the ability to completely dismiss the movement, and any goal it has stated or advanced, as actions of the enemy that must be crushed, and certainly not listened to.

Tell me the Portland protests were intended to be peaceful.  Go ahead and try to make that case.  I'm no more painting with a broad brush than you did sport.  Not gonna cover what I said again about not all particpants being violent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait.... Portland is DESTROYED?  Huh.  Interesting.

Do you own a map?  Does Portland consist of [checks map again] more than a few city blocks?  Interesting indeed.

Cute.  To date the estimates are close to a billion in property damage and close to TWO THOUSANDS private businesses have been destroyed.  You think these regions are just going to bounce back?  These are hardly all national franchises.   Jesus what a condescending take.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

 

Yes, yes.  I am the one painting with a broad brush.

Jesus.  This was all a Soros plot to take down America, always was, it's nothing but anarchists and Marxists intent on stealing our precious bodily fluids.  For christ's sake, read the shit you are posting.  It's a goddamned fever dream that achieves only one end, the one you so desperately want -- the ability to completely dismiss the movement, and any goal it has stated or advanced, as actions of the enemy that must be crushed, and certainly not listened to.

Do the leaders of the BLM movement admitting to be Marxists not move the needle even a little with you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, high side 3 way said:

Saddest post in the whole thread to me. Reminder of how much this unnecessary violence is ruining people's livelihoods who are actually productive members of society.

This country is toast. We are speeding toward a conflict at a larger scale soon, and no one is going to be able to stop it.

Yeah, struck me as well.   People almost begging to preserve their life / livelihoods.  Because?  Because cretins just felt destructive, for the hell of it. 

Yes, we are fucked.   Won't recover from this for a long time, in so many respects. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BabaYaga said:

Do the leaders of the BLM movement admitting to be Marxists not move the needle even a little with you?

Apparently not. I’ve seen two admit that on TV interviews, and yet to see any condemnation of such from other BLM leaders or their politician supporters.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

Yeah, struck me as well.   People almost begging to preserve their life / livelihoods.  Because?  Because cretins just felt destructive, for the hell of it. 

Yes, we are fucked.   Won't recover from this for a long time, in so many respects. 

 

Oh, come on Wally.  Do you own a map?  Does XXXX consist of [checks map again] more than a few city blocks?  Interesting indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Dude fucking stop. The fact is these are pre coordinated acts intended to turn violent, confrontational, and destructive. This isn't hippies marching for peace.  I truly hope your daughter doesn't get caught in a dangerous situation.

I literally just posted a new police finding that protests are being turned into riots by white supremacist agitators. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I literally just posted a new police finding that protests are being turned into riots by white supremacist agitators. 

I totally believe that. I also believe some are not. 

Edited by Onboard 2.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Oh, come on Wally.  Do you own a map?  Does XXXX consist of [checks map again] more than a few city blocks?  Interesting indeed.

Speaking of maps & such.... has the racist Tom-Tom gps driving program been renamed yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I literally just posted a new police finding that protests are being turned into riots by white supremacist agitators. 

Yeah sure. No commies at all. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Tell me the Portland protests were intended to be peaceful.  Go ahead and try to make that case.  I'm no more painting with a broad brush than you did sport.  Not gonna cover what I said again about not all particpants being violent.

This is an insurrection. It fits the definition and the first step that needs to happen under 10 USC Sec 334.4 is for a proclamation ordering these insurgents to disperse. Their chants, graffiti, etc show contempt for the very foundation of our nation because they are Marxists. They want to destroy our way of life. Take what they say at face value and deal with them accordingly - as enemies of the state.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I literally just posted a new police finding that protests are being turned into riots by white supremacist agitators. 

Which is a perfect example of a faulty generalization. Or are you implying most if not all violent protests/riots are being caused by these guys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait.... Portland is DESTROYED?  Huh.  Interesting.

Do you own a map?  Does Portland consist of [checks map again] more than a few city blocks?  Interesting indeed.

Are you saying that people who live outside of S Portland, but works in it aren't having thier lives destroyed? There's a lot of businesses that are in that area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I totally believe that. I also believe some are not.

Bad actors, when unafraid of any LE intervention or any kind as mandated by the city leadership.  Will.  Act.  Bad.  

The unintended consequences of cities letting protests turn into riots to avoid the backlash and perception of tarnishing the name of Floyd has engendered what we are seeing today.  Had they refused to let bad actors tarnish the movement and it's message, we'd be in a very different place now.  Shit, put the whiteys and commies in the same cell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...