Jump to content

MTV's The Challenge, season 36


Recommended Posts

i'm 51 minutes into this latest episode, and i just want to post for the record that i would love it if Josh and Nany got nominated against Amber and Meechie and then lost. 

also, i'd love it if one of these weeks it turned out both partners were competing for skulls in a 2 v 2 matchup.

and finally, i'm still team Big CT, and I still like Big T so much more than I do most of the veteran girls.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lmao Josh throwing. 
Dude relax. You won vs. the easiest opponent who never challenged you. Any other dude would have taken advantage of Josh’s girl tosses. 
 

Can’t believe CT, NAM, Cory, Darrel haven’t gotten their chance.  But I’m sure they are being blocked out for a reason.  

Please stop giving Kyle so much air time  

Oh great...Trivia next week. None of these people are here for their smarts. Just get rid of that challenge. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

OG season is filming 

sCxe4t2.jpg

 

Surprised to see Evan. What's that dude's name that got whooped by CT? 

Think this is from a previous season, no way Evan is let on the show again (and he's not listed on any of the cast leaks), and Easy is apparently skinny which he doesn't look to be in this pic, where'd you find it?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This article used that pic. 

https://heavy.com/entertainment/mtv-the-challenge/og-season/

But you appear to be right, the date of that Insta post is October 21 of last year. My bad, I fucked that up. 

Quote

According to multiple social media posts, it appears some Challenge veterans are currently in quarantine preparing to start filming Challenge OGs.  MTV has not officially announced the cast, so a cast list has not been made available.

Edited by shadow_operative2.0
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teryor said:

Think this is from a previous season, no way Evan is let on the show again (and he's not listed on any of the cast leaks), and Easy is apparently skinny which he doesn't look to be in this pic, where'd you find it?

Kenny is in that pic also I believe and I see zero chance he’s back for the same reasons as Evan

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ringer recap was really good this week. 

Quote

Lolo Jones, on the other hand … woof. During the same challenge, she throws a hissy fit because Aneesa dared get physical with her. Might I remind you: THIS IS THE CHALLENGE! YOU’RE IN A MUD PIT WITH A BUNCH OF PEOPLE TRYING TO WIN A MILLION DOLLARS! THE WHOLE POINT IS TO GET DISTURBINGLY VIOLENT!

“This ain’t the Olympics,” Darrell says. “Ain’t no such thing as playing fair. All these motherfuckers in this house are dirty.” And it’s true: The Olympics have rules; the Olympics don’t feature mud pit wrestling; no man has ever been strapped to another man in the Olympics. Lolo Jones needs to realize that her appearances in the Winter and Summer Games—during which she won exactly zero medals—have no standing in the twisted world of The Challenge. It seems clear that she thought everyone would be intimidated by her, but Lolo Jones is just as much of a rookie as Amber M. or Gabby. 

And on top of that, here’s her reaction when Nam won his heat: 

Screen-Shot-2021-02-04-at-8-19-38-AM.jpg

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2021/2/4/22265183/the-challenge-double-agents-episode-8-recap-nam-lolo-josh-elimination

 

spacer.png

spacer.png

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

lol Josh throwing brings me smiles.  Loved everyone clowning on him.  Not sure how he can take it...duh doh

Lolo is a mess...just watching her on her IG paints that picture also.  She is suddenly butt hurt that no one wants to give her a change at a skull.  And on her 7th or so challenge week she realizes this can get physical....Poor Nam. I also noticed her face still mad at losing and being "choked out" that she couldn't celebrate Nam who played it almost as well as CT.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Angry Gorilla said:

I was excited about the OG season, but that cast sucks.

 

Can you really be an "OG" with this stat line?...

 

 

Arissa Hill (The Real World: Las Vegas)

Apperances: 1     Championships: 0

You are an angry gorilla.  I'm not sure what you were expecting from an OG cast.  These people are probably 40 years old.  I imagine finding 40 year old mothers who are interested in getting their asses kicked for a month is kind of hard.  Looks like they didn't have a problem casting the men though.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed on the OG casting it will be hard to find the women that are down.  Most the dudes from the show are the ones who never really grow up and will go in at 65 yrs old if they get the call.  (I’d watch too)

Saw some replays of CT and Adam during Paris season...jeezus now I remember why I didnt like CT back then.  He was pretty dick until Diem got ahold of him. RIP

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Agreed on the OG casting it will be hard to find the women that are down.  Most the dudes from the show are the ones who never really grow up and will go in at 65 yrs old if they get the call.  (I’d watch too)

Saw some replays of CT and Adam during Paris season...jeezus now I remember why I didnt like CT back then.  He was pretty dick until Diem got ahold of him. RIP

Speaking of Paris, they need to bring Mallory back.  I remember being mad in love with her that season

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

You are an angry gorilla.  I'm not sure what you were expecting from an OG cast.  These people are probably 40 years old.  I imagine finding 40 year old mothers who are interested in getting their asses kicked for a month is kind of hard.  Looks like they didn't have a problem casting the men though.   

I agree that finding OG girls would be tough, but some of the guys are spares too.  They should have just cherry picked the top 5-8/each OG men and women and made a normal season of OGs vs current cast.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Speaking of Paris, they need to bring Mallory back.  I remember being mad in love with her that season

My best friend made out with her a little bit right after their season when they were doing one of those appearance tours.  I'm the only person he ever was able to tell because he married the chick he was dating at the time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

My best friend made out with her a little bit right after their season when they were doing one of those appearance tours.  I'm the only person he ever was able to tell because he married the chick he was dating at the time. 

Well I now have to kill your best friend.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Angry Gorilla said:

They have 2 older seasons on Netflix

Those are Challenge seasons. I believe he was asking about actual Real World/Road Rules seasons. Bunin Murray does a poor job making its shows available for streaming. You can usually find a few of them on the shady streaming sites. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hooked up with Kelly Ann in 2003. I want to say at that time she just graduated from Georgetown and was attending Texas State. 

Loved to party, a little obnoxious, but overall a cool chick. 

Edited by Blackcat00
  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blackcat00 said:

Hooked up with Kelly Ann in 2003. I want to say at that time she just graduated from Georgetown and was attending Texas State. 

Loved to party, a little obnoxious, but overall a cool chick. 

Pretty sure close to the same applies to 2021.. and she's still a smoke show

Link to post
Share on other sites

Started watching PlutoTV after cutting the cord recently.

Found The Challenge TV Channel and damned if I haven't left this on non-stop for the last few days laid up after my rona vax shot.

I've watched all or parts of about 4 different seasons.   

The final of Invasion of the Champions is on right now.   that was a pretty great season.

Rivals III was on earlier ad prior to that was Bloodlines, which was meh.

Edited by Pablo
fix show title
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pablo said:

Started watching PlutoTV after cutting the cord recently.

Found The Challenge TV Channel and damned if I haven't left this on non-stop for the last few days laid up after my rona vax shot.

I've watched all or parts of about 4 different seasons.   

The final of Invasion of the Champions is on right now.   that was a pretty great season.

Rivals III was on earlier ad prior to that was Bloodlines, which was meh.

I'm trying to find all of the older seasons and watch them with the wife as we are running out of things to watch.  I couldn't find them on any streaming platform other than the 2 seasons on netflix, so I downloaded 10 or so seasons through bittorrent.

Season 5 was the oldest I could find and was pretty lame except for the Miz going on a drunken rampage that probably would have gotten him booted these days since he was being verbally aggressive towards a couple of the girls.

Season 6 was better in terms of the challenges but it was a Boys vs Girls thing and by the end the girls were just unable to compete with the boys in most of the events.  That season did have Puck though who managed to get married AND spit 20 feet onto the face of David from old school RW.

We're on Season 7 now which is the first Gauntlet.  This is the first time they actually had an 1on1 elimination challenge to see who goes home.  In the previous ones, the team just votes on whoever they want to get kicked off their own team, survivor style.  It was really annoying because they were using a cumulative point system for the inner circle who decides the vote, and it ended up being the same 3-4 people every single time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...