GhostOfTomJoad

Worst asshole next to you at a concert

Tough question. Go with t”shut up and dance?” Oblivion level intoxication? 

I’m going with whichever one of you assholes it was repeatedly crop-dusting  eau d’Hell up front at the Turnpike Troubadours ACL taping.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Civility

On 9/9/2020 at 2:43 PM, stc said:

in the case of george strait, sitting is appropriate. however i always get a kick out of the uptight assholes who complain about the people standing up and dancing in front of them. they paid for a seat just like everyone else, they can enjoy the concert however they see fit. sitting through a rock show is bullshit. 

I had a guy behind me at a Van Halen show tap me on the shoulder and just points to me to sit.  About 20th row center stage at the Woodlands.  Everyone was standing, I ignored him.  I get a cup to the back thrown at me later.  I picked up a beer can in front of me and Nolan Ryan it right in his face.  Was not bothered again.  Dude was not there at the end of the show, so I guess he left.  Who the fuck sits at a Van Halen show?!

My then-girlfriend-now-wife just about threw down with another woman at a Public Enemy show at the Backroom. Damn, that sentence dates the hell out of me. Anyway, the other woman was super drunk and belligerent and kept bumping into my girlfriend. Eventually the girlfriend shoved her to the floor and told her to fucking back off. Chuck D gave her the head nod. It was cool.

I was at GWAR show when some teen kept yelling that my shirt was too offensive. I think she must have been high for the first time or something. It made no sense. I mean, I was wearing a Dwarves "Teach Children to Worship Satan" t-shirt, but getting offended by the crowd at a fucking GWAR show is ridiculous. The 3 foot monster cock shooting green jizz into the crowd didn't offend you, but my shirt did? Get the fuck outta here. 

Any of you ever see someone come off the stage to take on a drunk in the crowd?  I can't remember what band it was -- maybe Supersuckers? -- but I saw the most awesome fight at Liberty Lunch with that basic setup.  Absolutely nobody cared to stop the drunk shitbag from getting his ass beat.

Never saw something that awesome, but I did see Lyle Lovett at the original Backyard rip into a bunch of dope smokers at a show in the late '90s. There was a big rain after Lisa Loeb opened, and he came out & did a solo acoustic set for about an hour (they did a full Big Band show about a week later as a make up), and he was in a bit of a mood. We had 3rd row stage seats & a lot of people evacuated when the rains came. There was a group a few seats down smoking wonder joints when he started back up. The stank was hitting him on the stage, & he stopped during a song intro to rant about how he wished that the people who had to smoke grass would learn to bake it into brownies or food so the people next to them didn't have to deal with it. 

Never saw something that awesome, but I did see Lyle Lovett at the original Backyard rip into a bunch of dope smokers at a show in the late '90s. There was a big rain after Lisa Loeb opened, and he came out & did a solo acoustic set for about an hour (they did a full Big Band show about a week later as a make up), and he was in a bit of a mood. We had 3rd row stage seats & a lot of people evacuated when the rains came. There was a group a few seats down smoking wonder joints when he started back up. The stank was hitting him on the stage, & he stopped during a song intro to rant about how he wished that the people who had to smoke grass would learn to bake it into brownies or food so the people next to them didn't have to deal with it. 

That’s a pretty good story. Lyle Lovett and his big band are fucking great live! I saw them once at the Majestic in SA and it’s still one of my favorite shows I’ve ever seen.