San Antonio Spurs 2020-21 Season Thread: Puro Pinche Loteria

Kermit

5 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

You guys need to keep on bagging on Patty: 8/11 and 5/7 from 3. 21 points in 24 minutes. +12.

Can’t wait until he goes 1-11 in his next game.

Edit: I’ll keep bagging. I have zero shame and an infinite lack of self-awareness.

Edited by Kermit
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Rudy with 21, 7 rebounds, 5 3's, and a steal.  +24.  Can we sell him now?  A 2nd rounder.  Shit, I'll take Kevin Porter at this point.  Send him to the G-League.

Hopefully to someone that didn't watch the game because he took a few horrible shots down the stretch on the 2nd half.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Patty better than Manu.  😂

Yeah they dropped that during the broadcast yesterday. At first I thought it was off the bench in NBA history which didn't make sense - for one team makes more sense.

I'm sure it will be broken in 2 years like every other 3 point record.

Spurs box score is crazy. Turtle and DeRozan are the only players who logged more than 5 minutes and did not score double digits. If you exclude Turtle as an outlier the standard deviation of scorers who played significant minutes was 3.35. For comparison the Wizards was 7.5 (again excluding Gill's goose egg as an outlier). Taking the season averages for the Spurs and looking at players playing > 20 minutes/gm, the standard deviation for points is 2.96. I suspect that is the most balanced scoring roster in the league. Just looked at a couple for comparison, Boston is at 8.09, Cleveland 4.9, and Toronto 2.35. Toronto is explained in part by the fact they only have six players at >20minutes/gm. The Spurs have 8. Expanding Toronto's data set to top 8 in minutes/gm gives std dev of 5.89.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Kermit said:

I want Pop to punch Patty in the fucking face right now. Also, teams on second chance points have to be shooting 97%.

Unable to watch but checked the pbp and looks like he just had 3 turns and a missed 27 footer 9 seconds into the shot clock within 5 possessions.

But, you know, I'm sure he'll shoot like 10/16 next game in a 14 point win to make up for it.