the quest for tokyo gold

Hagbard Celine

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

That last play is what I am talking about. There was no one around the ball at the keeper. WTF?!?!

Shit org is still shit. What's new. I could blame the players but is that really the issue? Not likely. Especially with the U23s. 

I see talent out there. I also see a poorly coached team. Rinse and repeat.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Shit org is still shit. What's new. I could blame the players but is that really the issue? Not likely. Especially with the U23s. 

I see talent out there. I also see a poorly coached team. Rinse and repeat.

if you think this is on kreis you also believe juergen was responsible for the loss to mexico in columbus

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

Our senior guys failed to make the last world cup. Our U23 team (that just lost) is our future. But yes we had a glorious 2-1 win over Northern Ireland today 

Let this current round of senior players have a chance to make the next World Cup, then pass judgment. And you're dead wrong that these players are our future. It's almost as if you didn't see all the players on our senior men's team. Did you know Christian Pulisic is 22 years old? Sergino Dest is 20. Gio Reyna is 18.  Weston McKennie is 22. But sure, this version of the U-23 team is our future. Your take is completely off and you should feel bad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Very reactionary post. It's almost like the senior MNT doesn't exist to you.

4 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Our senior guys failed to make the last world cup. Our U23 team (that just lost) is our future. But yes we had a glorious 2-1 win over Northern Ireland today 

He's still not wrong. If you don't think that the top level team's future doesn't look bright, you're being obtuse. Half of that roster could be playing on THIS team! (and if this was in cycle, 2020 not 2021, they would be!)

Edited by Captain Ron

Painful. Glad I wimped out and didn't watch the rest of the second half after Ochoa's howler.

3 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Many of our most talented U-23 players were on the pitch for that Northern Ireland friendly. Believe the logistics didn't allow for them to cross the pond and play in this tournament, unfortunately, so we had to try and make lemonade out of lemons.

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

Let this current round of senior players have a chance to make the next World Cup, then pass judgment. And you're dead wrong that these players are our future. It's almost as if you didn't see all the players on our senior men's team. Did you know Christian Pulisic is 22 years old? Sergino Dest is 20. Gio Reyna is 18.  Weston McKennie is 22. But sure, this version of the U-23 team is our future. Your take is completely off and you should feel bad.

Explain to me why we played those guys in an exhibition friendly instead of using them for the olympic qualifying team? 

• Haha 2

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

Explain to me why we played those guys in an exhibition friendly instead of using them for the olympic qualifying team? 

Are you a casual? Just admit if you are, that's fine. How do you not know that club teams are under no obligation to release players for Olympics/Olympic qualification? You think the Euro clubs want their players risking injury for the Olympics? The World Cup is what matters to FIFA, not the Olympics.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

First of all, they should make Johnny take on a second name.  He doesn't deserve the one-name Brazilian thing.

Lewis should go play intramurals.

Ochoa.  Man, he's got to live with that mistake.

Kreis should have to hire a coyote to get back to the US.  That was piss-poor roster management.  

Once again, US Soccer screws the pooch.  I wonder if Jay's got any other drinking buddies he can hire to fuck up a situation.  What's Jeff Agoos up to these days?

#9 Ferrera? Was half-assing the entire game.  Did anyone see the play @ about the 85th min where we sent a restart down the field to his area.  The ball - literally - landed about 3 feet to his left.  He didn't even remotely try to win the ball.  

Between this, Shaka, Herman, Jerry Jones, etc... I'm going to go to an early grave.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Outside of Latin America, pretty much nobody cares about Olympic soccer.  So European clubs don’t release their players to the olympics.  It’s why a country like Mexico who doesn’t have a high percentage of players in the top leagues could win an olympics but has little shot at a World Cup. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Oh, and it may not have mattered, but F Atlanta FC for not releasing the three players we called in.  That's complete horseshit.

Along those lines, fuck MLS for not intervening to put Atlanta FC in its place. Even NBA teams let their players loose (if the player is invited and wants to play) for Olympic qualification/Olympics.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Along those lines, fuck MLS for not intervening to put Atlanta FC in its place. Even NBA teams let their players loose (if the player is invited and wants to play) for Olympic qualification/Olympics.

Funny thing is, for as little as I care about MLS soccer, I already effing abhorred Atlanta because I know someone that's a founding member of one of their fan clubs.  I usually see her front and center of their games.  She's an absolute C and I very rarely use that word.  Last conversation I had with her, she was breaking up with her firefighter boyfriend because he was never going to make enough money for her.  She was working at Chipotle at the time.  Anyway, tangent over.

• Haha 2

Well said from a guy from BigSoccer...

It was like Yueill and Tessman (when he came on) were finally like, "Well, we're d-mids, but since none of you forwards or wingers will finish or create chances, we'll do it ourselves." I can at least appreciate that sort of heart and effort.

• Hook 'Em 2