Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
dcbc

These Go to 11 - The Guitar Amp Thread

My Spark arrived!!  This little amp is LOUD.    I need to mess with it and I haven't done shit with the iPad.  Great for $200.

My Spark arrived!!  This little amp is LOUD.    I need to mess with it and I haven't done shit with the iPad.  Great for $200.

Nice! How long did it take to get it?

Also for the Katana Bros: this guy is kind of a doofus but I really like this setting on my 100W combo.

On 5/5/2020 at 8:51 PM, tigol said:

Congrats, please post updates as you get into the different features :D

5 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I’m intrigued, but the wait time is brutal. 5-6 months.

Yes, I've been reading the comments under the ads for those things for nearly 3 months now and I couldn't pull the trigger until there is steady production.

One of my customers just told me he ordered one on March 1st and got a shipped notice today. So it appears to be improving.

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2020 at 11:11 AM, Napoleon said:

Yes, I've been reading the comments under the ads for those things for nearly 3 months now and I couldn't pull the trigger until there is steady production.

Yeah, the early purchases seem to have essentially been funding R&D like a kickstarter campaign — but without full disclosure to the consumer.  I like positive grid software, but not sure I want to reward a company that’s going to treat their customers like that.  Also makes me wonder how healthy they are and if they’ll be around to support it over the life of the amp.  If it lives up to its hype, I’ll probably get off my high horse and pick one up.

Edited by Goredho

12 hours ago, Goredho said:

Yeah, the early purchases seem to have essentially been funding R&D like a kickstarter campaign — but without full disclosure to the consumer.  I like positive grid software, but not sure I want to reward a company that’s going to treat their customers like that.  Also makes me wonder how healthy they are and if they’ll be around to support it over the life of the amp.  If it lives up to its hype, I’ll probably get off my high horse and pick one up.

I think that COVID had a lot to do with production issues of things coming out of China.

Also, don't know if this was a Kickstarter thing, but Kickstarter/Indiegogo don't "sell" items, what they do is "offer rewards" if you fund their company. There is a possibility that the rewards are never fulfilled, but usually they are... just way behind schedule. Again, I don't know how this was done.

Posted (edited)

I understand it’s not the same thing, but it’s close and shady enough for me to be severely disappointed in a company that I previously enthusiastically supported and evangelized for.  

These Sparks were promised before the 2019 holidays with a lot of marketing hype well before coronavirus came into play.  The only logical explanation is that they had a target release date to coincide with the 2019 holidays, it became apparent they would not have a product to demo let alone sell and came up with their marketing campaign and presale “bargain” offer to capitalize on holiday shopping without having any idea when they could make good on their offer.  That’s a drastic decision.  To sacrifice consumer loyalty and long term profit in such a productless money grab is something I would only consider if the alternative meant the company wouldn’t make it to a 2020 holiday shopping season otherwise.

Ita great that they are finally upholding their end of the bargain, but it’s severely negatively affected my perception of them as a company I want to consume from.  Ymmv.

Edited by Goredho