Chilling Adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch (Netflix)

atomheartbevo

https://people.com/tv/satanic-temple-legal-action-chilling-adventures-of-sabrina/

The Satanic Temple is threatening to sue Netflix after The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina used a satanic statue in a recent episode.

Earlier this week, Lucien Greaves, the co-founder and spokesperson for The Satanic Temple (TST), announced that his organization was planning to take legal action against the show for using Baphomet, a winged-goat deity statue, in an episode without the temple’s permission.

Greaves also argued that the series depicted the monument in a negative and false light.

“Yes, we are taking legal action regarding #TheChillingAdventuresofSabrina appropriating our copyrighted monument design to promote their asinine Satanic Panic fiction,” he tweeted on Sunday.

“I’m amazed that anybody is confused as to why we would seek legal remedy over Sabrina using our monument,” Greaves added in a separate tweet. “Would they be as understanding of a fictional show that used a real mosque as the HQ of a terrorist cell? A fictional Blood Libel tale implicating real world Jews?”

In many of his replies to other Twitter users, Greaves explained that Baphomet has been copyrighted by the organization and is considered TST’s “central icon.”

giphy.gif

16 hours ago, Bevo Num1 said:
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:46 PM, sccane92 said:
What time frame does this supposed to be? It looks like the 60's but Sabrina's boyfriend has a cell phone.

Sabrina's cousin was using a laptop in one of the scenes.

Every house looks like your grandmother's, but with portable technology thrown in.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:26 PM, Helobious said:

Pretty good show, a little on the boring side in my opinion. Wouldn't watch it again but it definitely wasn't bad.

Am I the only person that doesn't think Sabrina is that hot? 

Yes.

Who I didn't think was hot was the Leader of the Sisters.  Maybe it was just the hair job she had...took away from how hot she really was.

Watched the first episode last night and I'm all in.  I have to watch the whole season before I will decide whether or not to let my daughter watch it.  She's watched "It" and is a big fan of "Stranger Things."  Any heads-up about the rest of the season before I binge watch this weekend?

2 hours ago, Saint Tacky said:

Watched the first episode last night and I'm all in.  I have to watch the whole season before I will decide whether or not to let my daughter watch it.  She's watched "It" and is a big fan of "Stranger Things."  Any heads-up about the rest of the season before I binge watch this weekend?

Teenage orgy.  But no nudity. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Rimbo said:

I kinda liked it for a few episodes, but it felt too... teenage highschool drama.

Does it get less so after a while?

I watched about 3 episodes with full concentration, then another 2 with half concentration, before concluding that this was a show aimed at teenage girls who are into goth stuff and gave up.    Might try again later, if the last episodes are supposedly good.

On 11/2/2018 at 12:22 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

lol, other religions get satirized or worse constantly by the media, including using their symbols. 

This is true, with the caveat that there is a religion i n the US that is virtually illegal to satirize.  But  everyone else is fair game, so your point is valid.  Satanists will have to take it on the chin...or start their own anti-defamation league.

Edited by Monster

9 minutes ago, Monster said:

This is true, with the caveat that there is a religion i n the US that is virtually illegal to satirize.  But  everyone else is fair game, so your point is valid.  Satanists will have to take it on the chin...or start their own anti-defamation league.

Please don't Cloak Room this shit up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/31/2018 at 12:49 PM, Zepol87 said:

finished episode 3 last night. Are all those broads over 18? Cause the cave scene was alright

prudence is played by tati gabrielle, who is 22 (and attended spelman college, in the mildly-interesting but not actually ironic form of ironic)

agatha is played by adeline rudolph, who is 23

and dorcas is played by abigail cowen, who is 20

^^^^

this has been cached in the editor for months i guess.  i could clear it but them stems tho

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...