Errestaurants

Cattle & Ranching

1 hour ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

My 8th grader is getting into football and sports and lifting weights and wants to get bigger. I might suggest hay bales as an alternative workout. 

Mine's going into 9th.  Wish I had a tractor tire he could flip up and down the side yard.  

On 6/15/2020 at 1:54 PM, Amos Moses said:

I’m getting too old to mess with square bales.

We are all too old for square bales. Man I don't miss that 

2 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

My 8th grader is getting into football and sports and lifting weights and wants to get bigger. I might suggest hay bales as an alternative workout. 

A&M will offer based on his forearms alone. 

Yea there is good money to be made in small bales. Lots of people with smaller farms have every God damn farm animal as pets and buy small bales especially those in and around large cities. They don't have a tractor big enough to buy and put out large bales. 

Posted (edited)

My hand-me-down chute finally gave out.  Had been pricing new w-w chutes, but at $4000K a pop, it was hard to justify for 150 cows.  Picked up a used Powder River chute at a farm sale this last week.  You guys can look forward to me posting pictures when all of those low handles knock my teeth into my brains.

Edited by Kennythetiger

Our tenant just showed up to collect his calves. Tomorrow will be the saddest day of the year for all the mama cows on our farm. 

The oldest one was born on New Years Eve about 2 hours before kickoff of the Alamo Bowl. 

Circle of life....

B3142AA2-CDCB-4265-A06D-E864FFCCE268.jpeg