2020 Texas Softball - Back to OKC!

Js1

Watching just to see the play. 
They didn’t score a bunch but they hit the ball pretty well, just not to the right spots. Some free outs via sac bunts as well. 

I like the jerseys but why gray at home?  It’s not part of a tournament that I’ve heard. 

Unt uniforms nice looking as well

Edited by Pato del Muerto

8 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we see UNT in our regional come tourney time. That team will win a lot of games with their pitching 

Very likely they will go to Texas or OU. Especially with A&M probably not a tournament team. Have to see how it shakes out with A&M and UH and Texas State. All 3 of those are more likely to come to Austin than UNT.  

It doesn't affect us this weekend, but there are some FANTASTIC games being played at the Mary Nutter this weekend.

Arizona-Missouri
Florida-Arizona
OU-Washington
UCLA-Florida
ASU-Florida
Washington-Northwestern

Honestly, our home tournament of Lipscomb, NDSU, Duke and Weber State should give us some rhythm, without getting beat up, because ULL, UCLA and Garman (Washington, Michigan). 

It doesn't affect us this weekend, but there are some FANTASTIC games being played at the Mary Nutter this weekend.
Arizona-Missouri
Florida-Arizona
OU-Washington
UCLA-Florida
ASU-Florida
Washington-Northwestern
Honestly, our home tournament of Lipscomb, NDSU, Duke and Weber State should give us some rhythm, without getting beat up, because ULL, UCLA and Garman (Washington, Michigan). 
To bad ESPN isn't carrying some of those games. Should be some excellent games.
I have a question about parking. We're coming in from Wichita Falls for the Louisiana game Tuesday. What parking lots are we allowed to park in? Can we expect to have to pay? Can we do a little pregame tailgating?

https://texassports.com/feature/sbgameday

https://utparking.clickandpark.com/venue

bschoolprof can offer better advice,  but check the above links for parking.  Note that you can order online.  

I would recommend one of the surface lots since the baseball team plays at 7PM (SHSU) and also for tailgaiting.   Not sure how many of the ULL contingent will attend,  normally have a good showing.

Should note that limited free parking is available on the streets if you arrive early,  especially for a weekday game.

Yes, I sadly cannot offer any current advice as I'm now 919 miles from Austin as opposed to 165.  

I think I've mentioned the ULL fans TRAVEL - and usually set up behind LCF.  IIRC, they haven't been to McCombs since they knocked us out of the NCAA tournament in our home regional in 2011, I think it was.  

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

Arizona-Missouri
Florida-Arizona
OU-Washington
UCLA-Florida
ASU-Florida
Washington-Northwestern

I took A&M and Arizona off my list. Oops. Aggy wins 7-6 over Arizona. 

A&M also plays OU

Day threw a 3 inning 1-hitter

Adams walked the leadoff, but got flyout, groundout, groundout.  To the bottom of the 4th

2 hits for Shannon
2 walks for Iakopo
2 hits and 2 RBI for Ellsworth (really nice to see)
2 hits and 3 RBI for Burke
1 HR and 1 RBI for Day (looks like an unreported substitution for something? shows Burke out on the HR play) 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Ok the issue was they subbed demargosian for Burke on the field, but white told the umpire she went in for Hathaway by mistake. 

Mike White needs his coffee for these early games, I guess. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_White_(softball)

https://texassports.com/sports/softball/roster/coaches/mike-white/1650

If possible, can someone correct Mike White's Wiki page ?  I don't know how.

Doing some research before the ULL game to verify that Mike Roberts, ULL pitching coach, was MW's pitching coach for a brief time at Oregon.   MW's  bio states he is an OU alum,  played catcher at OU and Central Az.  His correct bio is link 2.

Looks like a disgruntled OU or Oregon fan distorted the facts.

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Dumbest base running I’ve ever seen ends the ndsu vs Weber state game. 

ndsu is down 5 in the 7th with 2 on and 2 out. Single scores one, second runner gets caught too far off third and ends the game trying to get back. 

Not as dumb as the Weber 1st baseman dropping a perfectly thrown ball that should have been the 3rd out, it extended the inning to the point you described.